Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 932472 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I found this.   :happy1:

Grilled Bacon Potatoes

This recipe has you slice the potato part way thru in several spots (presumably to reduce cooking time) and adds brown sugar. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Usually just a little Mike before going on the weber, but on the pellet grill I'll prep em with oil, salt and chuck em on as is ( after poking them of course) . Havnt tried bacon wrapped on the pellet grill, just over high heat..

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I found this.   :happy1:

Grilled Bacon Potatoes

This recipe has you slice the potato part way thru in several spots (presumably to reduce cooking time) and adds brown sugar.

nice but leave out the brown sugar I think...  thanks to both of of you guys!!!    need to do more of them on the smoker!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :pouty: yea the guy ruins all kinds of food with bacon  :confused: :bonk: :rotflmao:
:scratch: It might be good on your buttered noodles? :sick: :mooning::puke:     ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I get quite a few things at Aldi. They have the lowest price for ribs when on sale. BUT.....I won't buy chips there. Got a bag home and they were all crushed. Also last week bought a box of Raisin Bran there. Got home and opened it and not 1 raisin in the whole box. Not buying that there anymore.
:scratch: We buy that there once in a while & ours is always loaded with raisins. :confused:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Note to self (and y'all)... next time i see Aldi steaks in the green plastic wrap 2-packs, stock up the freezer 'cause they musta been limited time only.
 :pouty:

We cooked up Costco sirloins instead.  Mui bueno.  :happy1:

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes Steve-o, Costco sirloins are very good. We’ve been buying them for years.
« Last Edit: June 06/16/24, 04:56:48 PM by Cooperman »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks dynamite Steve-o!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
We all know your the pickiest person when it comes to brats, but you should try these Glenn. Good flavor, ya they did swim in more beer before hitting the heat.. :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: if I remember them, I'd be willing to  try. I can always give it to the dawg! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Costco calls these ribeye cap steaks, the one in the back is 2 1/2 inches thick, they all have some twine wrapped around them.  Thinking these should go on before the bacon wrapped spuds.. :confused:.

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Bobber, you’ve gotta let me know how you like them. I’ve been eyeballing them every time I go in Costco. Love the marbling.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
They are awesome coop, well worth it!  Paired them with a big pan of shrooms.  The big one I never touched ( breakfast I'm thinking) the other 2 was enough for us 2. Was looking like a rain out so the pooches and I had to improvise a smidge..

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
they are cap on rib eye rolls, they just cut into steaks vs cap off...   good eats!!!   should be great eats!!!   
« Last Edit: June 06/22/24, 07:06:45 PM by mike89 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :sleazy: where's da katchup!!!!!!!! :mooning: :evil: :mooning: :mooning: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
oh boy!!!   mushrooms maybe!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
We all know your the pickiest person when it comes to brats, but you should try these Glenn. Good flavor, ya they did swim in more beer before hitting the heat.. :happy1:
My wife and I really like the spicy Andouille brats from Coborn's and a few meat markets!   :happy1:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
spicy Andouille brats from Coborn's

have not seen them...   I would try them for sure!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Will have to check out Cash Wise in Owatonna & see if they have them.  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)