Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5444099 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Cloudy and had some mist but no rain yet.  My first question is:  So Glenn, does your wife party with you and her sister???  Or is it just you two???   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   And of course, is she hot?  LOL  We didn't have a fire cuz it was pretty wet here.  Lots of leaves have fallen I see.  Some are green yet but the ashes and boxelders are yellow.  The bam are brown and falling. I see the Gophers game isn't till 6:30.  Not sure what I will do till then.  Well stay out of trouble.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy first day of Fall!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Nope it was a party by myself. :rotflmao: HOT.......nope!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 09/23/23, 09:53:09 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
New fire pit done may have to add another layer of landscape block to dress it up some. Took a drive to see if I could find a grouse. The trails I normally use looked like county roads there has been so much traffic on on them. That’s after only a week. No birds but nice scenery. Headed to Carlos tonight for the Rod and gun club raffle. Later….. :happy1: :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks good Mark!!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
looks good Mark!!!    :happy1:
:happy1:X2. i'd like to think i'm somewhat a halfass fire ring expert........you may need to cut a few more holes up higher?????  :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good Mark! I use a few of those for traction in the winter. Afternoon peoples 74 here and zero rain yet, the way they yapped yesterday I needed a canoe to get around today. Tires rotated, check, oil changed, check, shopped with momma at Walmart,  check, then a nap, check. Just sitting patio side is nice, and no Glenn I haven't been on da roof yet. Talked to the bro, I'll be pulling the boat out and the lift this coming weekend,  he'll go out get the dock out, blow the water lines and pull the boat back. Sad times I say, the summers sure blow by these days.  Anywho think I'll season up more dead cow for tonight,  I may even let momma catch me.... :sleazy: See ya!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks good Mark! I use a few of those for traction in the winter. Afternoon peoples 74 here and zero rain yet, the way they yapped yesterday I needed a canoe to get around today. Tires rotated, check, oil changed, check, shopped with momma at Walmart,  check, then a nap, check. Just sitting patio side is nice, and no Glenn I haven't been on da roof yet. Talked to the bro, I'll be pulling the boat out and the lift this coming weekend,  he'll go out get the dock out, blow the water lines and pull the boat back. Sad times I say, the summers sure blow by these days.  Anywho think I'll season up more dead cow for tonight,  I may even let momma catch me.... :sleazy: See ya!!!!
:scratch: :surrender: :surrender: best time to be out there.........cause everyone else is doing it!!!!! but i hear ya!!!!!!!  :pouty:

we decided since wifey's sister left were gonna let Winners bar and grill cook us chow tonight!!!! :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: September 09/23/23, 03:52:01 PM by glenn57 »

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Plenty of air below glenn. I cut five 2” by 3” holes on the bottom part. It’s going to eat wood.

[attachment deleted by admin]
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Plenty of air below glenn. I cut five 2” by 3” holes on the bottom part. It’s going to eat wood.
:happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure what I'll do today. I think there's a football game on, Napcar of course or maybe fire up the chain saw to make sure it still runs and cut up the two logs that are laying by the wood pile. Seeing how's I'm up at O Dark Thirty this morning there may also be a nap in store after breakfast and before today's festivities. Sounds like a plan to me, more coffee and have a great day all. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, not sure how much more rain we got overnight but any will be good..   going to smoke some bb ribs today..   give one rack to Jim, my friend..  and he doesn't know it yet..  a nice surprise!!!  have a good day all!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......we got just short of a 1/2 inch so far....there saying more later??? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: hope so, makes it a good reason to watch some football. there a long way off the 1.56 inches of rain they prdicted!!!! :crazy: :crazy:

got a few outside things to do before more rain but wont take long. should probably start getting my hunting stuff organized!!!!!!!! nuttin gets done till my Tanzanian coffee is gone though!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 59 @ 1st peek here & 60 will our high. We had a shade < .5" early & the last I was out we had a light mist again. More late tonight & early tomorrow according to the hourly too. Windy now as well, so the leaves are really hitting the ground here. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning, all. 56° and foggy. Our rain gauge read 1.25" at 7:30. Might be a good day to spend trying to organize some of my fishing gear in the fur shed.
      Take care, everyone.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 59 here and may get up to 62.  Just as the depressing game was getting over I started hearing thunder and could see some lightning.  I think the man upstairs was even pissed at the Rodents.  lol  Well we ended up with over a half inch of rain.  It is still spitting and windy.  Lots of leaves falling now.  How do you do your ribs Mike?  I am still tweaking mine and I think the best ones I have done were in the oven.  Ken said he gets smoke on his and then puts them in the oven to finish.  I like to hear others techniques.  May help me.  Maybe I am overcooking mine.  ??   Well anywho root those Vikes on and hope they don' t do a Rodent thing.  LOL 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 62 here and the sun is trying to fight its way through the clouds. Ended up with just shy of 1.5" of well needed rain last night, talking more late night and into Tuesday even. The oldest is coming over for finger foods and beverages,  not sure if I'll wear purple today, last time dey lost. I've been smoking our ribs around 225 for 2hrs then foil and sauce at 300 for bout an hour  until the fork goes in easily,  they don't come out of the foil til ready to chow. I've pre smoked em then put in the oven in casserole dishes, they've turned good that way also, cranking up the temp the last leg works good for us. Well best get at it.....See ya!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I do 225 and dry rub for 4 to 5 hours...   stopped foil wrapping a while back when I heard this way..   and they come out great!!!   BBQ sauce is on the side only here...   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
On your pellet grill?

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
On your pellet grill?

yup and the charcoal grill about the same and indirect heat there..

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have an electric smoker but may use my pellet grill the next time.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the lower 70's. .98" of rain at the ranch & .65" in Bugtussle. Picked the handful of Haralson apples we had so the wife could make an apple crisp for the car club picnic this afternoon. Oh boy, I get to eat supper at 4:30 in the afternoon again! :doah: Another brief shower just rolled thru the area and got the grass wet. Not feeling guilty about putting lawn mowing on hold. Better run. Need to dump peelings and apple cores over the fence to the sheep if I'm gonna squeeze a glenn-type nap in today.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Ha! Almost had ya beat Dotch,  the beef roast in the crotch pot got devoured just past 4:30, now I can relax and do zero..lol. :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 and heading for 66. Slight chance of rain here today. From Friday thru yesterday we got .4" of rain total. Most times it was like a heavy mist. Managed to get 3 grouse yesterday while cruising around in the ranger. So that was bonus. Need to catch up on the thread yet. Had no signal down in the forest this weekend. Normally we do. Not sure why it was different this weekend. Any who, just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good mornin all, 58 here and going for 63 today with a slight chance of rain here too.. 3 birds is a good start for ya JB!!   did get a couple outside things done yesterday, in between the rain showers..   have a good day all!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 57 here headed to 68.  Over the weekend we got about 1 1/8" of rain.  Just enough to put the kabosh on most outside activities.  Got to watch the Rodents and the Vikes choke so that set the tone for the weekend.  Man it is darkish yet.  Not sure what I will do today.  Need to check the river and try to get some fish soon.  Well time for more coffee.  Have a good one.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 58 here & we'll top out at 61, they're sayin. Checked the rain gauges when I was out earlier & we had another .45" yday, so that puts us pretty close to 1.5" since Thursday. Still was raining too ~ 6:45 & the hourly says it'll continue 'til around noon. Not much being done outside here the last couple days either, LPS. Did have 3-4 boats from the resort out on the bay most of the day yday though. Got a couple small projects I can do in the garage but that's about it. Have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Will have to go to town to return the plasma cutter I barrowed last Thursday to cut the burning ring. Need to figure out how to justify buying it now. Other than that and High School trap tonight, thinking about doing garage things. Such as cleaning and putting Summer things away. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have thought of getting one too but just can't justify it yet.