Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5440170 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
tried to read it but you have sign up for the paper..   Semper Fi to him Dotch!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Those turkeys. Lemme see if I can copy it somehow. They want readership but pull crap like that. :angry:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
seems like most of them are that way now days...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't watch SDSU Jackrabbits today on TV neither.  It's only on ESPN+  The + meaning you have to join to watch the game.   I spose they were on last week just cuz they played NDSU.  Darn.  That is the only way to stream it too. May have help the wife make cookies.   :sleazy:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
seems like most of them are that way now days...

Kinda sad too. The rest of the paper is usually crap, full of of mistakes and opinion masquerading as news. They had a bunch of misinformation regurgitated from the Mankato Freak Press in this issue. They finally print a decent article even though they bury it on page 9 and then make it difficult to share. See if this works:

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:edec26fc-40a4-3570-8c79-b33f011a2f9d
« Last Edit: November 11/11/23, 11:52:23 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
real good article Dotch!!  get him that ride in the Studebaker!!!  and more squash!!!   :happy1: :happy1:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Dotch. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 33 here and heading for 44. We seen no deer yesterday. At 10 yesterday morning I went you use my can call and on the 2nd time a deer blew and took off running. Never seen it, but sounded like it was only 30 yards away from me. I had I not done that I may have seen it. It is really thick in there. So I won't be doing that anymore. Well just getting ready to go out again this morning and see nothing again. We need to cut firewood later and load up the shed again. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 31 this morning and going towards 50 today..   I see them wind is back today too..  not much on the agenda today and I'm ok with that!!  have a good day all!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, currently 41 for us & we're headed for 61. Pretty breezy already here too. It's a short list  for me today as well. Hopin your Sunday's a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  33 and a possibility of 46 later on.  Tomorrow too.  I see it is breezy too.  Good day to do about nothing. Good day to relax. LOL  We will see how long that lasts.  Looking forward to the Vikes today and I sure hope they don't turn out like the Gophers. Finished a good book last night so will start a new one later on.  Time for more coffee.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Loaded up and truck running. Headed home very shortly and putting a wrap to this year’s rifle season. Get home and unloaded and then the long awaited shower.  Followed by a quick nap before the Vikings game. Later…. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 41 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Wind is down from yesterday and we have sunshine so that's a plus. SE wind & cloudy yesterday vs. straight out of the S this a.m. making it feel warmer already. Poppy & I got chores done then filled the birdfeeders. After breakfast, plan on dropping the oil on the tractor & skidsteer then greasing them. Hopefully chit hauling can commence sometime before the weather changes its mind. Should be nice hauling as the guy who owns the piece around us did vertical tillage on the cornstalks this fall. Lots smoother than if it had been ripped like he usually does.  :coffee:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
evening fellers...........got back from the northland about 2 today........pretty much unpacked and getting ready for the sconnie deer hunt. leaving thursday.

weather up there the 10 days i was there was warm enough, kinda wet. company was good, food good, refreshments cold!!!!! :happy1:

deer hunting meh!!!! :confused: thinkin if i do that again for 10 days i may spend time chasing grouse........seen lotz and they acted like they were into Dotchs Bodooles!!!! :rolleyes:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
markn, if you stated the deer camp rules correctly, I want to be in your camp. Other than when dakids is in camp, I seem to do the vast majority of cooking and cleaning.  :pouty:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 34 here and heading for 40s again. Our deer camp is the same as Marks. The cook doesn't do the cleaning. Never made it out hunting yesterday afternoon. Had to get a bunch of neglected chores done. Cutting firewood and loading wood shed was the major one. A 3day work week for me and then back to try to find a deer. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 32 here and again going for 53 today!!  turned out to be not so windy I think yesterday..  it was nice out with the sun shinning..   got a few things I'd like to do today..  have a good day all!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well we need to put up 103 hides today from Friday's pick-up. One of our members did it Friday while I was at camp so they didn't get salted. Going to cut up deer tonight after a couple of guys get off work and that will be done for the year and time to get geared up for sausage making. Also need to find a heating guy to install my furnace hopefully this week before it gets cold again. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 31 and headed to about 47.  Wind from the north.  Sun is coming up.  Good day to get that extra bale out for Bucko.  He is still eating green grass in spots so he is in good shape.  Will worm him today too.  May run it to town and get some fresh bread also. Should be a nice day so enjoy. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 33 here & I see 61 for the high again today. The wind died a bit earlier than expected yday but the leaves were really flying early. A couple things in my sights to start today too. Not many of these days left, so make it a great day.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just realized that a week from Thursday is Thanksgiving.  SO that is the 23rd.  4th Thursday of the month.  Coming fast so I need to get a turkey.  I have let them thaw in the beer fridge for 3 days and it was still froze in the middle so I am going for a 5 day thaw I think. I will get it late this week. Just a FYI!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 30 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 50's. Looks like a gorgeous stretch of weather coming up. My best laid plans fell apart yesterday but I stayed busy. Waited for Unkie Gregory and Auntie Mar Mar to stop by in the morning with some maps so I could soil sample for them. Didn't want to get all grease and oil beforehand. They didn't arrive until after 11. About 9 I'd received a call from my friend saying that he was cleaning up under his corn dryer. Wondered if I wanted the screenings. I did but needed to look to see how many he had. My wagon already had a partial load of cracked corn in it. As long as the screenings were dry and they'd fit, was my only option.

Got there to look at the screenings & he was gone running errands. This is the same guy who lost his wife 4 years ago at harvest. He's also a highly decorated Nam vet. No pumpkins, no decorations except an Indian corn swag I gave him last year last year & 4 bundles of corn that kept falling down along his split rail fence. Fixed that. Still had about a half a pickup box full of pumpkins I'd been feeding the sheep. Got the biggest, nicest ones out and put them on his steps. Went home, cleaned up a bunch of gourds & brought the wagon back to his place. Tied his corn bundles up to the fence so they should stay in place. He lit up like a Christmas tree when he saw all the stuff. Didn't get done what I set out to do yesterday but there's plenty of time. Still felt like I accomplished something when I pulled in our yard with the wagon about dark to do chores.       

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers.......... done at the store.......... time to play with leaves.

coffee went on sale thid morning. 6.99 with digital coupon.......yea i figured it out!!!!!! :mooning: :mooning: also had coffee in my isle that expired. starbucks 100% columbian.......shelf price 14.99 got four for 2.00 each!!!!!! :sleazy: :happy1: :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 41 here and heading for near 50 today. It was pretty nice yesterday afternoon. Got my chores done last night. So today I am going to sneak out of work a little early and go out hunting. Keep hoping one will come out to play. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  47 here already this morning and supposed to be heading to 54.  Mulched leaves and did a few more things in the yard yesterday.  Not often you can mow/mulch leaves this late in Nov.   Boat might just have to come back out for one more day or maybe two. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 49 here and might see 60 today!!   was a nice day yesterday and sure looks to be another great day today..  might have to fire up the mower to mulch some leaves up...   we shall see..   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 35 here & headed towards 64. It's gonna be another glenn-like day ;) :smiley: here as there's s'posed to be gusts to 30  :scratch: Think we did hit 61 yday. Got a road trip to Des Moines planned, might hit 70 down there, for an early PM pre-op exam. Cataract surgery is planned for early Monday if all goes well today. That will fill most of our day, Have a good 1.
« Last Edit: November 11/14/23, 07:50:47 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good luck!!    :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 40 here and will warm up nicely today.  I got the extra bale out to Bucko yesterday.  All went well.  The wife needs new wipers so will do that today.  I told her I was going to put the dock back out and she said No you aren't.  LOL  She is probably right again.  :rotflmao:  So Gunner I hope your cataract surgery turns out as good as mine did.  They did one and then the other a week later.  It doesn't work to take a lens out of your glasses for that week.  Just makes it harder to see.  At least to me.  And yes good luck.  You all have a great day.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Doing hides again today, already have 73 in the truck with six more boxes to pick up today. With these temps the salt is going to flow on them. I have also been kicking around the idea of dragging the boat out for a couple of days of wally fishing, but it's put away and full of "stuff".
 Good luck gunner, I was told last month I should have cataract surgery too, but to wait until next year when I get signed up for Medi-Care and its free. Later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm