Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5332617 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sounds tasty! Hearing about yer flax seed reminds me of the Uncle Sam cereal my folks used to buy sometimes. Bran flakes combined with flax seed. Stuff would really clean you out! Haven't seen it on the local grocery store shelves for a while. Norwegians and Swedes must've complained it was too spicy.  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wasn't going to get it and I glanced at that type of stuff and it was right there so I got a little pack of it.  My Grandpa farmed by the White SD Hendricks MN area for decades.  He would take me to a flax field and we would eat a few.  I thought that was great. Thought of him when I got it.   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.... real light snow falling. 12 above. We mayhap might of got 3 inches of snow.

Day 2 of the great adventure. Iffin  I don't see an improvement on the fishes part this morning I'll be pulling the pin on that lake and fishing close to the cabin.

Sure wish I had someone to warm up the outdoor biffy seat. :shocked: :rotflmao:

:whistling:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao:Herr! Never mind Dotch  :tut: I know where your going with that  :confused:  :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Keep yur cellular on the kitchen table and you'll be fine!! When we stayed south of you on Northstar Lake grouse hunting this dude's out house had no roof or walls, just a Seat on a box. One went quick...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't see Glenns outhouse on that map.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Been a busy couple weeks.  We are making ice up here in the north country but there are still spots I would be careful on.  Problem is this year you do not know where those spots are.  I know one part of Bemidji was still open a week ago.  So fishing is here but know where you are going. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 2 here and heading or 10 today. It is making some ice here to. I am kinda liking the late start though. It is almost the middle of January and I can look out the windows and not see the cities of lights out on the lake yet. That is a good thing. Just think of how many fish are still swimming out there because of the late start.  :happy1:  It is definitely good for the lake. Well, just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.  I hear ya JB. Although the 3 lakes I've been on aren't what you exactly call big fishing destinations,  they were all virgin till I got here.  :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Well... everything hinges on today. If that water is still so dirty, and the crappies don't cooperate like the did yesterday,  I'm pulling the pin and headed home tomorrow.  Will be coming up the weekend of the 27th with a buddy and his kid.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 17 this mornin and might go up a couple degrees is all today...  not sure how much snow we got but i know I will cleaning up a bunch!!  after that not sure what I have going on!!   have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 29 here & it might get up to 31. Snowin & blowin too. :scratch: Probably 'bout 3" on the ground but it won't be done until around 12 or 1. Nothin moving on the highway a block over yet either.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. It is 6 here and they say it may make 20 here today.  I will believe it when I see it.  The wife said it was 13 when she got up at 5.  This morning starts my physical therapy.  Not looking forward to it but keeping an open mind.  Sure can't hurt, much.  lol  My brother told me last night that a couple of our friends are coming up to Red this weekend with their big fish houses.  I said they better check first.  I think what is wrong with my plow truck is one of the axle u joints on the front.  Pretty sure of it.  I bring it in on Thurs.  Not much fun plowing in 2 wd and the plowing with the wheeler is not gonna happen.  That used to be fun but my idea of fun has changed.  lol  Have a great day and walk like a duck. 

Offline Iowaboy1

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Glenns sanctuary

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 01/09/24, 07:28:10 AM by Iowaboy1 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Those Inger girls will put that fire out for him!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Those Inger girls will put that fire out for him!!
I'm not allowed there.  :rotflmao:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the Mrs. went back to work today. I know she felt really bad because she never misses work. Appears this "cold" lasts about five days with the first three days being nothing but body aches, coughing your lungs out and sleeping. Need to clean up driveway, but I feel the need for another cup of "Highlanders Grog" first, maybe two. Fleet was out of my reg brew, Breakfast Blend, and this is a nice change. It's also served in some of the finest Cenex stations too. Have a great day everyone and don't fall on the ice, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 27 at choretime heading for the present high of around 30. Got copy written and now on to see whatever else I can get myself into. About lunchtime so need to accomplish that feat then let Poppy out for a stroll afterwards. So far it's been a dry January for me so may have to see about changing that tonite. Need to get my liver back in shape so I can handle VSOP & cocoa after chores in the upcoming cold snap. It's a little like running on #1 diesel. Sometimes ya just gotta. 

Happy 80th Birthday to Jimmy Page, the Pontiff of the Power Riff! May he have many more. 🍸

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
excellent group and excellent music!!!   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Reading Dotch fencelines and poppy report  :sleazy: :rotflmao: reminded me. I guess we are not getting a king Charles puppy.

So much for the family deal  :confused: but I didn't really expect  free. Guess they decided there going to  sell them for.....3000.00 each.  To that I say good luck. :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I was wondering about the pup and the free part too!!! 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for the musical hi-light Dotch. Got me going. :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Reading Dotch fencelines and poppy report  :sleazy: :rotflmao: reminded me. I guess we are not getting a king Charles puppy.

So much for the family deal  :confused: but I didn't really expect  free. Guess they decided there going to  sell them for.....3000.00 each.  To that I say good luck. :happy1:

Geesh! For 3 grand it makes Poppy look like a bargain, which she sorta was thanks to her tail.  :rotflmao:

I know of a dog locally that is losing her home due to a situation with her 80-something year old owner. I don't know the financial expectations but I suspect it would be reasonable if any money needs to exchange hands at all. I think a good home is first and foremost. It's an Aussiedoodle. It's about a year old, crate trained, real smart and real active of course. If I wasn't set on getting another red and white Border Collie in a few years, I'd take her. PM me if yer interested. 
« Last Edit: January 01/09/24, 12:54:33 PM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
perfect for Shadow!!!  and Sue!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
One thing about it, it wouldn't eat nearly as much as Shadow, or glenn for that matter... :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, I can get you a dog for $2,800.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: no thanks I'm on a scrawny union pension   :confused: :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just had phone se... eh never mind... mentioned to her about the dog DOTCH.   To think over

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: no thanks I'm on a scrawny union pension   :confused: :happy1:

and SS!!!