Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4958328 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Morning. Gotz things to do before the rain comes.

;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: yea not hardly!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Me and the munchkin were just discussing taking a "lunch pail" to work...I did that for 27 years. Up at 4:30 am...coffee, shower, and make my lunch. At work by 5:30 am for daily report....how many of you still take that lunch box/cooler?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Me...me....me!! :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, looks like we're the hardest workers, Glenn ol' boy!! But then, we knew that!  :whistling:    :rotflmao:  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/14/17, 12:26:31 PM by Rebel SS »

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
carried a cooler til I retired......
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought my little cooler for my lunch pail in 1987.  Still use it.  No way will I get a new one with retirement so close.  It is a tradition now packing it every morning. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
We always figured the dirtier, the better...with lotsa stickers on it.  Shows ya earned it all.  Mines still in the closet.  ;)
The bucket of choice:

https://www.ebay.com/i/202039965500?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that's the one I used too Reb until it broke...... :pouty:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep same one, cept mines green. Da color of hard earned cold cash!!! :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya, elves usually had green ones.  :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, cool here 34!!got .6 inches of rain last night, bring it on now that the boat is out of the lake!!  had to pull forward off the lift to get it to the trailer!! not much going on today, that's good for a Sunday!!!  have a good one all!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin'. 42* and soggy cloudy here in Swampville.  Got 1/8" rain and lotsa wind last nite. No big rains and storms like the wedder morjits predicted. They've been battin' 0.0 all year. Got the house cleaned from top to bottom yday. Nuthin' but sit on my big fat butt today. 'Tato sausage soup and french garlic bread for dinner....and maybe a small pig chop. Have a good one, guys.  :coffee:

Del, here's some Swampville info for ya.....and we're only halfway thru....

Rochester MN

...Sixth Wettest October in Rochester MN...

Rochester International Airport has received 4.42 inches of rain this October so far.  This already makes in the 6th wettest October on record and the wettest since 2009..  Typically during October, Rochester receives 2.24 inches of precipitation. 
« Last Edit: October 10/15/17, 08:21:00 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 37 & a 10 mph NW wind for our start. Cleaned up the yard some more yday am, still a small part that needs to be mowed but it won't be today. Spent 3-4 hrs in the boat out in the bay yday. It started as a trip to see if :fish2: had moved into the 30-40' basin areas in the bay, they have, but I had some action :fishing: so I went backout after lunch. Managed 2 :fish2: before the rains came ~ 3. To chilly for me to be spending any time in the boat today. A couple of things down at the dock to wrap up today early, otherwise not much goin on here. Have a good day everyone, stay warm & go Vikes.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gunner, what have ya been catchin'?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Was 24 here when we woke up.  It looks like a beautiful day today.  Had fun shopping in the Falls yesterday.  The farmer across the road let me put my fish house in his bean field by the woods to deer hunt out of.  Getting kind of cold in the ladder stand.   :happy1:  I am more into a "Gentlemans Hunt".   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Now I will have a heater and maybe even be able to watch a football game whilst hunting....   Now that sounds like fun.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
excellent LPS!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Del, here's some Swampville info for ya.....and we're only halfway thru....

Rochester MN

...Sixth Wettest October in Rochester MN...

Rochester International Airport has received 4.42 inches of rain this October so far.  This already makes in the 6th wettest October on record and the wettest since 2009..  Typically during October, Rochester receives 2.24 inches of precipitation.

Yeah, I've noticed...   And my Basil is still green.  Must be that Global Climate Change stuff.   

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Heat wave comin' next week, Delmar. Someones bound to be chortling "it's Indian Summer", which would be incorrect, not because of the "Indian" in it either.   :rolleyes:

In the fall, it seems that almost any warm day is referred to by most people as “Indian summer.” And while their error is certainly not of the world-shaking variety, they are, for the most part, wrong.

WHAT IS AN INDIAN SUMMER?

Here are criteria for an Indian summer:

As well as being warm, the atmosphere during Indian summer is hazy or smoky, there is no wind, the barometer is standing high, and the nights are clear and chilly.
A moving, cool, shallow polar air mass is converting into a deep, warm, stagnant anticyclone (high pressure) system, which has the effect of causing the haze and large swing in temperature between day and night.
The time of occurrence is important: The warm days must follow a spell of cold weather or a good hard frost.
The conditions described above must occur between St. Martin’s Day (November 11) and November 20. For over 200 years, The Old Farmer’s Almanac has adhered to the saying, “If All Saints’ (November 1) brings out winter, St. Martin’s brings out Indian summer.”

WHY IS IT CALLED INDIAN SUMMER?

Why is Indian summer called Indian summer? There are many theories. Some say it comes from the early Algonquian Native Americans, who believed that the condition was caused by a warm wind sent from the court of their southwestern god, Cautantowwit.
The most probable origin of the term, in our view, goes back to the very early settlers in New England. Each year they would welcome the arrival of a cold wintry weather in late October when they could leave their stockades unarmed. But then came a time when it would suddenly turn warm again, and the Native Americans would decide to have one more go at the settlers. “Indian summer,” the settlers called it.

« Last Edit: October 10/15/17, 11:31:44 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Very interesting Rebs.  So Indian Summer is between Nov 1 an 15 of so....  Good to know.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Guess that means it is time to put the winter fertilizer on the lawn...

when Reb starts pasting poetic climatology...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Shoulda done that at least a week or so ago, knockwurst. Want to get it actively growing and in the root system before that grass goes dormant for the season.
Remember the old saying, "When Reb in fall puts the fertilizer down, in a moon cycle the grass will shut down".
Or, "For strong green grass in Spring, be sure to do the Reb in the Fall thing"
Or, as the Indians used to say "Heap big medicine".  :evil:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: October 10/16/17, 08:15:44 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all.  Man the weekends go to fast.  Got a lot done though.  Short week for me.  May take a few days off as we are going to have our 6 year old grandson with us.  Great kid too.  Always fun to have him here.  Going to be great weather for it to.  Good Vikes game yesterday too.  Wonderboy got hurt......

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. You are right LPS, the weekends go to fast. Good to see the Vikes win. :happy1: Yep, and poor wonder boy. Ahhh. Looking warm for this week, 60s and a 70 in there too. Well another grand week ahead. Have a good one all.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 32 here going for about 63, nice day and week coming up!!  yup the days all go to fast!!!  watched the Vikes and some nascar which was interesting too.  that was a wreck fest all the way to the end...   my temporary crown decided to pop off last night so I suppose I'll have to call the dentist this morning and see what they want to do..   oh yea!!   have a good day all!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Crappies! Reb, that's what I'm catchin. I don't usually fish them much this time of year as they are too deep to release. Thought I'd keep a few to eat if'n they weren't going to make it, it looks like the 2 I kept came back around so I may let them go. We had 38 the 1st time I looked supposed to have a 10-20 mph SW wind & make 60-65 so I got a load of laundry on the line already. Bemidji weather is sayin 60's all week except maybe 1(59) with a couple pushin 70. Gotta go & find something to do outside since it's going to be so nice. Have a good 1 everybody.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Papermouths!!!  :shocked:  I love crappie catchin'. On an ultra-light rig, it's a blast. Great eatin', too.  Mikey, sounds like a fun time today!  :doah:  Hate those crowns, got two of 'em. Good luck! Frost on the pum...er, rooftops here. 36* and sunny. Got some runnin' to do today, never made it to Trader Joe's for my punkie butter. Maybe today, if the legs cooperate...have a good one, guys.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Shoulda done that at least a week or so ago, knockwurst. Want to get it actively growing and in the root system before that grass goes dormant for the season.
Remember the old saying, "When Reb in fall puts the fertilizer down, in a moon cycle the grass will shut down".
Or, "For strong green grass in Spring, be sure to do the Reb in the Fall thing"
Or, as the Indians used to say "Heap big medicine".  :evil:  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
knockwurst????????? is that like brautwurst????????? :moon: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

morning all, i had 33 on the thermo thingy!!!!!! got alot accomplished over the weekend to. now its time to start getting stuff ready for up nort, and rifle hunting!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
You'd REALLY like this lake then. :fish2: :fish2: They've been pretty fussy this year though but that's 1/2 the fun for me :happy1: OH, crap there goes our nice weather! :bonk: ;) :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
You'd REALLY like this lake then. :fish2: :fish2: They've been pretty fussy this year though but that's 1/2 the fun for me :happy1: OH, crap there goes our nice weather! :bonk: ;) :rotflmao:
what you talkin bout Willis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :doah: :coffee: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: