Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What next?!  (Read 242408 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I just got a coopin (as Ron White would say) from the Lund dealer here in town. Using it, I can get a Humminbird Helix sonar for only $2,000...regularly $2,499.
I think fishing stuff prices are getting a wee bit out of hand.....my fishing buddies boat, at the boat show sale price, was only $34,000...... :doah:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
CAWchester seeking answers....one thing they just don't get, is crows are smarter than the city council, and will adapt anywhere. They aren't moving. All the tall hotels they are building gives them shelter and safety from predators. Also.....and it's fact...the first thing a crow does when startled is let fly with poop. Shooting the bottle rockets and starter guns under their trees is real intelligent.... :rolleyes:
$30,000 spent and the crows are still laughing at us. 

Duh...  They learn fast, yes?   ;)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Heck, I'd sit downtown and shoot ALL my guns up in the air at 'em for $30,000. I guarantee there'd be a lot less around. Might be a bit more to clean up, though.... :fudd:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
CAWchester seeking answers....one thing they just don't get, is crows are smarter than the city council, and will adapt anywhere. They aren't moving. All the tall hotels they are building gives them shelter and safety from predators. Also.....and it's fact...the first thing a crow does when startled is let fly with poop. Shooting the bottle rockets and starter guns under their trees is real intelligent.... :rolleyes:
$30,000 spent and the crows are still laughing at us. 

Duh...  They learn fast, yes?   ;)

Apparently faster than the city council does.  :rotflmao:   :bonk:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Simple.  Five guys drive by roosting trees in white vans or cars - out come five shotgun barrels - and they each shoot five rounds into the tree killing as many birds as possible.  They do this for five more trees over the next five days.  Afterwards, whenever a crow sees a white vehicle driving down the road - they are outta there.  No place in the city will be safe for them.  If they start to wise up, give them a refresher course.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Nice fantasies but crows are protected, and the tree huggers would explode.  Would cost more for lawyers than it is worth.

I thought about assorted poison items.  French Fries, etc scattered around at various locations

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
There is a season on them.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Are Delberts a protected species?   :doofus:

MN DNR

Crow Hunting

No license is required to hunt crows. They may be taken by legal firearms (shotgun not larger than 10 gauge, rifle, or handgun), bow and arrow or by falconry. There are no daily or possession limits, and shooting hours are 1/2 hr before sunrise to sunset.

Crows are protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act but can be taken out of season, without a permit, when caught in the act of committing, or about to commit, damage to ornamental or shade trees, agricultural crops, livestock or wildlife.

Lethal means of control can also be undertaken when they are concentrated in large numbers, such as communal roosts, and subsequently constitute a nuisance (e.g. noise) or pose a threat to human health, as would be the case when accumulations of fecal materials pose a sanitation risk. Legal methods of take are the same as during hunting seasons. Crows cannot be taken outside of the damage area.
« Last Edit: January 01/16/20, 02:37:40 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
This is Teacher of the Year, representing Minnesota??!    :angry2:

ST PAUL — Minnesota's Teacher of the Year kneeled in silent protest during the national anthem at Monday night's college football championship game. President Donald Trump was standing down the field from her.

Kelly Holstine stood alongside fellow teachers of the year, as well as Trump and First Lady Melania Trump, on the Mercedes-Benz Superdome field before Monday, Jan. 13's Football Bowl Subdivision Championship Game in New Orleans.

Later that evening, she tweeted that she decided to kneel as the national anthem opened the game because she was "given platform to stand up for marginalized and oppressed people."

Honored as State Teachers of the Year at NCAA Champ FB Game. Given platform to stand up for marginalized and oppressed people. Like many before, I respectfully kneeled during Nat’l Anthem because, “No one is free until we are all free” (MLK). #imwithkap #blacklivesmatter #LGBTQ

"Like many before, I respectfully kneeled during Nat’l Anthem because, 'No one is free until we are all free,'" she tweeted, quoting Martin Luther King Jr.

She added hashtags #blacklivesmatter, #LGBTQ and #imwithkap, referring to former-San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who famously kneeled during the national anthem in 2016.

The NFL in 2018 instituted a policy requiring players to stand for the national anthem. Following the NFL's announcement, Trump praised the policy in a Fox & Friends interview, and criticized players who choose to kneel.

"You have to stand proudly for the national anthem, or you shouldn’t be playing. You shouldn’t be there," Trump said. "Maybe you shouldn’t be in the country."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/teacher-year-kneels-anthem-college-football-championship-attended/story?id=68326303

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Are Delberts a protected species?   :doofus:

MN DNR

Crow Hunting

No license is required to hunt crows. They may be taken by legal firearms (shotgun not larger than 10 gauge, rifle, or handgun), bow and arrow or by falconry. There are no daily or possession limits, and shooting hours are 1/2 hr before sunrise to sunset.

Crows are protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act but can be taken out of season, without a permit, when caught in the act of committing, or about to commit, damage to ornamental or shade trees, agricultural crops, livestock or wildlife.

Lethal means of control can also be undertaken when they are concentrated in large numbers, such as communal roosts, and subsequently constitute a nuisance (e.g. noise) or pose a threat to human health, as would be the case when accumulations of fecal materials pose a sanitation risk. Legal methods of take are the same as during hunting seasons. Crows cannot be taken outside of the damage area.

Del it used to be you couldn't shoot a crow but now you can:  "If they have caused damage or they about to commit damage."  Kind of a judgement call anymore.  "Hey that is the crow that caused damage here yesterday"...

They are so darn smart.  I used to hunt them a lot. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Come on down. We got plenty. Only watch out for the law..

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
The DNR website says there's a crow season starting 3-1-2020! And ya don't need a license.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
The DNR website says there's a crow season starting 3-1-2020! And ya don't need a license.

Yup, that's season 3. They break 'em up that way into seasons...I have no idea why.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Seems so. How soon will you be filing a complaint against guys knocking yer smurf heritage?  Will there be a rally? ;)
« Last Edit: January 01/17/20, 11:51:54 AM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i wont..i gotz thick skin. and i fight back!!!!!! training-087 training-087 training-087

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i wont..i gotz thick skin. and i fight back!!!!!! training-087 training-087 training-087

Against TSA?   You must like those body cavity searches.   :sleazy: :sleazy:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
All she had to do was to let her pull her hair back and everything would have been even.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
All she had to do was to let her pull her hair back and everything would have been even.

That coulda turned into a hair-yanking, caterwauling podcast.... :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: January 01/17/20, 12:27:28 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:doofus: :doofus: :doofus: :doofus:

maybe..........depends on who's doing the search!!!!!!! and i dont go around whining i've been victimized.....well except for here!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

:doofus: :doofus: :doofus: :doofus:

maybe..........depends on who's doing the search!!!!!!! and i dont go around whining i've been victimized.....well except for here!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao:

Exactly.  Lighten up.  What a way to live your life just waiting for someone to not do something perfect so you can jump all over them. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: January 01/18/20, 08:36:25 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw that interview this morning.  They have the always ambulance chasing lawyer Gloria Alread with them.  Ching Ching is all I hear.  good luck.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I worked at a silo metal fab plant in the '70's....and we sprayed the huge rolls of sheet metal going thru the dies and presses with diesel fuel for a lubricant. Came out of flexible spray lines. Our hands and arms were soaked with it, and the fumes were overpowering. It gave ya tremendous headaches in the Summer, and guys would pass out right there. Wearing gloves didn't help; they were like sponges. Couldn't get the smell out of yer nose.  Wonder how many millions I could get if that was today? Didn't seem to affect me..... :doofus:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I worked at a silo metal fab plant in the '70's....and we sprayed the huge rolls of sheet metal going thru the dies and presses with diesel fuel for a lubricant. Came out of flexible spray lines. Our hands and arms were soaked with it, and the fumes were overpowering. It gave ya tremendous headaches in the Summer, and guys would pass out right there. Wearing gloves didn't help; they were like sponges. Couldn't get the smell out of yer nose.  Wonder how many millions I could get if that was today? Didn't seem to affect me..... :doofus:
AWE...…...ok glenn leave it be...……... :taz: :taz: :sleazy: its early yet!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: