Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 524176 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:confused: :angry2: :banghead: :banghead:

thats twice today they screwed me outta winning some cash!!!!!!!!!!!
:tut:  :violin: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :cry:        :nerd: :rolleyes: :smiley: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It started with them going for it on 4th down on the 1st possession on our own side of the field IMO. :sad: That made it too easy for them to score their 1st TD, it only took 2 plays & :51. The 2nd was even easier with a 35 yd punt return, 1 play & :08. :doah: Our Special Teams let them have the ball near mid-field 2 other times, another punt return & the fake punt, too.  :rolleyes:  :doah: Not to mention we had 2 TOs & they had 0. :pouty:
« Last Edit: December 12/12/22, 06:36:57 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: December 12/12/22, 08:20:36 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, a couple of good point in there.  No blitzes and the 3 defensive backs drafted last year (because they REALLY needed secondary help) are on the injured list.  One thing to say for Zim is, he knew how to dial up and disguise a blitz.

However, after 2 years running of Zim having the one of the worst defenses in the league, the Vikes still have one of the worst defenses in the league.  You can turn things around in one year in today's NFL, but it didn't look like that happened for the Vikes.

I hope they focus on getting the offensive line healthy - cause their only hope in the playoffs is to win games in shootout fashion.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I've never been a fan of the 3-4 defense. It only works if you can steadily apply pressure from the linebackers. Smith & Hunter both seem to be missing this year.

Oh well, to late to do anything about it now.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't argue with much of this https://www.si.com/nfl/vikings/news/kevin-oconnell-hints-potential-defensive-adjustments-after-vikings-loss-detroit  :scratch:

Good article and I am all for Mike Pettine calling all of the defensive plays from now on.  Sure can't hurt.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
They might give Pettine more say in helping call signals for the D but I'd be really surprised if they take that completely away from Donatell. That shows panic & isn't good even for the Offense & Special Teams IMO.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
We all knew they were over-achieving and their string of last minute miracle plays to win one-score games was not sustainable.

Question is... how far back will they slip and will they be able to shore this thing up before the playoffs?

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I've never been a fan of the 3-4 defense. It only works if you can steadily apply pressure from the linebackers. Smith & Hunter both seem to be missing this year.

Oh well, to late to do anything about it now.
I agree on the 3-4, db, & the 1st 9 games we were getting some more pressure. But lately #55 & #99 seem to be MIA. :scratch: Wonder if they're hurt but then who isn't banged up some at this point in the season? :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Our next two games are at noon on Saturday.  First the Colts are here and then the Giants are here.  I need two more wins to win $300 in our family pool. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
as it stands currently the Vikings are the #2 seed. they keep playing the way they are it'll be NFL..........Not.... For..... Long!!!!!  :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikes will still win the division, but look out for the 49er's at 9-4.  They could overtake the Vikes and push them down to the #3 seed.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Got that right Steve o, and hasn't Donatell been all over the league as far as teams go? Hmmm.  This is a smart coaching staff, you woulda thunk by this time of the season they woulda nailed some of these issues down. They might not be done losing regular season games yet.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
GB let him go in during the season so we can too.  Can him today!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: How do they let Darrisaw take part in even a limited practice on Wednesday if he hasn't passed the concussion protocals yet? That doesn't sound quite right to me. :huh: I'd think the League &/or the NFLPA would have problems with that. :confused:
He can walk thru the formations, but wears a red no contact jersey.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:scratch: Don't think that's going to happen. https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=E211US1289G0&p=ays_ed_donatell_will_remain_vikings_defensive_play_caller%2Fs1_16715_38235821
well they best figure something out!!!!! if attitude bend dont break pretty much bites them in the azz!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Lets face it...  Defensive "play calling" is overrated for the Vikes right now.  They are just worried about how not to give up an explosive play on every down.  This defense isn't trying to dictate how the opposing offense plays.  They are just trying to survive.

Yeah, they might blitz more often to try to get pressure, but unless you have corners who can man-up and play close to the line, a good QB will pick them apart.  They have yet to face Matt Ryan (Colts), Daniel Jones (Giants), Erin Rodgers (Pac), and Justin Fields (Bears).

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Don't think that's going to happen. https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=E211US1289G0&p=ays_ed_donatell_will_remain_vikings_defensive_play_caller%2Fs1_16715_38235821
well they best figure something out!!!!! if attitude bend dont break pretty much bites them in the azz!!!!!!!!!
:scratch: Does it really matter, they should win 1 more game & win the division anyhow. :rolleyes: The NFC playoffs is between the Eagles, Cowboys, & the 49ers anyway & the Vikings will be lucky to win 1 game. Remember.............................it is the Vikings!!!!!!! :doah:
« Last Edit: December 12/13/22, 08:39:04 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Injury report as of last night.....

LT Blake Brandel tore his MCL and will miss at least four weeks. Oli Udoh and Vederian Lowe will be the backups at tackle until he is healthy.

LT Christian Darrisaw and C Garrett Bradbury are expected to return this Saturday against the Indianapolis Colts. Both were massively missed on Sunday.

WR Adam Thielen aggravated the knee bruise he suffered a few weeks back but should be okay. Thielen has missed some practice time with the injury but hasn’t missed a game as of yet.

LB Jordan Hicks and DE James Lynch are both day-to-day and O’Connell is “hopeful” that both will be ready on Saturday afternoon.

CB Cameron Dantzler is a little sore in his first game back from his ankle injury. The good news is that he is overall okay.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I was hoping QB Blough would turn into a good one for us.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I saw at least one report that Blough will take Kyler Murray's spot after he went down with a torn ACL.

The Cardinals also signed former-Eagle QB Carson Strong to their practice squad.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
One bloggers opinion:  Predicting the Vikings final 4 games in 2022 after a dismal Lions loss

Agree?  Disagree?

Week 15 - Minnesota Vikings vs. Indianapolis Colts  Prediction: Win (11-3)

Being on home soil once again will also assist Minnesota in pursuit of getting themselves back in the win column. This should secure the divisional crown for good measure, which represents an outstanding accomplishment in O’Connell’s first year, whichever way one looks at it.

Week 16 - Minnesota Vikings vs. NY Giants  Prediction: Win (12-3)

Had the Vikings played New York a few weeks ago, the prediction might be different. But the Giants are currently in freefall and this is something Minnesota can take advantage of.

Week 17 - Minnesota Vikings at Green Bay Packers  Prediction: Loss (12-4)

While the Vikings have a better chance of emerging victorious than in years recently passed, this is also an opportunity for Green Bay to prove their lack of positive results in 2022 is merely a blip rather than a sign of things to come long-term. Something that could give them the motivation to derail Minnesota’s momentum ahead of the postseason.

Week 18 - Minnesota Vikings at Chicago Bears  Prediction: Loss (12-5)

Things might be teetering on a knife edge for the Vikings. But any fan that wouldn’t have taken a 12-5 record before the campaign is kidding themselves.

Does this guy really think the Vikings will get 2 safeties against the Pack and one against the Bears?   :scratch:  does he know anything about football scoring?   :bonk:

Or that the Colts and Giants will only be able to score 3 points each against one of the WORST defenses in football?   :rotflmao:

Scores aside, I agree with his win/loss pics.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I don’t think those are score predictions. I think that is the wins/losses predictions after each of those games.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
No safeties there......that's their record after each of the final 4 games.

They win the first one and are 11-3

Win the next one....12-3

lose the next one..... 12-4

Lose the final one and finish 12-5
« Last Edit: December 12/15/22, 09:20:19 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Steve got a case of Glennitis! Sorry no cure!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Doh!  :doah:  Thanks for straightening me out.   :happy1: :bonk: :rotflmao:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Steve got a case of Glennitis! Sorry no cure!!
BRUTAL!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Not that it really matters but the Lions play the NYJ this weekend. Be interesting to see how they do against a real good defense that's fighting to make the playoffs IMO.