Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 517753 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
There aren't very many Vikes fans that would like Cam on our team..
I would be one of those people.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
they traded for a tight end today..
Seen that comin as soon as I heard Irv Smith needed surgery & would be out at least 6-8 weeks.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
There aren't very many Vikes fans that would like Cam on our team..
I would be one of those people.
#MeToo

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see they signed Sean Mannion again & placed him on the practice squad. Picked up a TE on waivers from Jax who is from Hawley Mn :cool: & played for NDSU too.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Heading into the season, I find myself feeling the way I have felt about the Vikes since I-don't-know-when.  Sure, they've been in and out of the playoffs and even caught lightening in a bottle a couple of times (once with Favre and once with Keenum), but other than that its been a crap shoot to see if they were a winning team or not. 

Cousins has not proved to be the difference maker in much the same way Herschel Walker was not - but each crippled the organization in different ways:  Walker by trading draft picks* and Cousins by taking up too much of the salary cap** to allow for depth at important positions:  O-line, linebacker, receiver, secondary.

They might be good and I'll be happy for them and enjoy their success, but I just can't feel optimistic based on what I know about their recent track record, pre-season performance, draft pick misses/busts, and slew of injuries before this season starts.

Good luck.

* Some salt in an old wound...  Vikes gave up 4 players and 8 draft picks (3 1sts, 3 2nds, 1 3rd, and 1 6th) to the Cowboys to get Walker.  :doah:

** Veteran QBs cost a lot of money and the Vikes were stacked when they bought Cousins.  But when you pay that much for a QB, you expect him to win some games that you don't deserve to win.  Cousins hasn't been that guy for us yet.

How do you guys feel?   :confused:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty much the same Steve0.  Been a die hard fan for many years.  I try to be optimistic but as I get older it is harder to have the blind faith with the Vikes.  Seems like we have a close season with great chemistry but just don't get over the hump.  I don't see or feel any great chemistry this year.  I truly feel the vac vs. the non vac is going to be a big split in who feels connected to each other as a team.  I will still watch and hope nothing but the best for them.  Cousins is also a bore and I don't think he gives anyone any good vibes. I would say he is the complete opposite of a Favre that everyone on the team loved to play with. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Won't matter to me if they go undefeated or winless.

Pro foot ball occupies less & less of my time every year.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here.  :pouty: They have wrecked it for me.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :pouty: :pouty: i sure wish the Vikings would have a QB like the 2 i watched last night!!!!!!!!!  :doah: :pouty: both Brady and Prescott drove down the field to be able to put points on the board to take the lead in the last few minutes of the game!!!!!!!

as usually Brady comes out on top though!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here Glenn.  Some fire and pizzaz is what makes things happen.  Not Quirk and his 10 minute time table for his daily format. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:cheerleader:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i was wondering how long that take!!!!!!!! :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Not exactly a TB fan but I am a HUGE fan of whoever is playing JJ's team! ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Twins have below average pitching and people complain.

Vikings have above average quarterback and people complain.

Guy hung with a new rope didn't complain at all.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :sleazy: I won't disagree with you Dutchy that he might be "above average", BUT he can't get it done when it needs to be.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Facts are the GM & coach are married to this guy whether he is good or bad. Seems to me if I recall right be threw for a basketful of yards and his TD to Interception ratio was pretty good also.

My old mind seems to recall the defense and special teams being like swiss cheese last year and the offense being pretty good.

You all might need to come up with a different patsy for the failings of this team. Blaming him for all the problems is like blaming the fat kid for all the Twins problems.     :smoking:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :sleazy: I won't disagree with you Dutchy that he might be "above average", BUT he can't get it done when it needs to be.
  :scratch: Neither could the $400 mil man last year!!  :bonk: :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Facts are the GM & coach are married to this guy whether he is good or bad. Seems to me if I recall right be threw for a basketful of yards and his TD to Interception ratio was pretty good also.

My old mind seems to recall the defense and special teams being like swiss cheese last year and the offense being pretty good.

You all might need to come up with a different patsy for the failings of this team. Blaming him for all the problems is like blaming the fat kid for all the Twins problems.     :smoking:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: geez I wonder who that secret admirer of that fat kid is?? :scratch: :rotflmao:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

I thing the sports columnists and analysts would agree that Kirk Cousins was NOT the Vikings biggest problem last year - not even close.

But I also think they would be in universal agreement, that if you needed a QB to lead the team down the field 70 yards, with one timeout and 1:30 left in the game - Kaptain Kirk would be way down on the list of QBs you'd want to hand the ball to.  And we saw a prime example of that with Dak and Brady last night.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The O line has been terrible since Cousins got here, maybe even before. :pouty: That's 1 of the reasons Keenum had such a good last season IMO, he could throw really good while he was running for his life.  :scratch: Cousins, not so much. :tut:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."

Not exactly a TB fan but I am a HUGE fan of whoever is playing JJ's team! ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:

Me to Gunner.....the only team I hate more than the Cowpies is GB. I was in the stands for the playoff game where Drew Pearson pushed off to get a TD and win the playoff game. At the old Met Stadium.
« Last Edit: September 09/11/21, 07:40:40 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, & #43......................Nate Wright was the victim!! Haven't liked the Cowboys since but seein how JJ treated Tom Landry :sad: kicked it up a notch for me. :angry2:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well that was some national anthem.  :USA: :USA

Now it's time to watch cousins fumble on the first snap. Or throw a pick!!!🥴 :rotflmao: :rotflmao::

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: gawd I can't watch this anymore  :doofus: besides it's to nice out side to be indoors.

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Big baby...
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

I thing the sports columnists and analysts would agree that Kirk Cousins was NOT the Vikings biggest problem last year - not even close.

But I also think they would be in universal agreement, that if you needed a QB to lead the team down the field 70 yards, with one timeout and 1:30 left in the game - Kaptain Kirk would be way down on the list of QBs you'd want to hand the ball to.  And we saw a prime example of that with Dak and Brady last night.

I'll eat my hat.

Congrats to Kap'n Kirk for driving down for the field goal to tie the game in the final two minutes. 

Now if they wouldn't continue to waste 5 or 6 downs a drive by sending Dalvin Cook straight up the gut, they might score some more TDs.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
In case you miss this...

Vikings 2018 5th round draft pick and ex-kicker, Daniel Carlson, kicked a game-tying 55 yard field goal for the Raiders in the closing seconds to send the game to overtime.

We must not have needed him, because we released him for nothing.  :doah:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
In case you miss this...

Vikings 2018 5th round draft pick and ex-kicker, Daniel Carlson, kicked a game-tying 55 yard field goal for the Raiders in the closing seconds to send the game to overtime.

Yes isn't that special.  We blew that!  I like the new guy but should have kept Carlson.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
In case you miss this...

Yes isn't that special.  We blew that!  I like the new guy but should have kept Carlson.

No, Zim blew that with his inability to care about or deal with special teams players.

I can't imagine Spielman for Ziggy saying, "Carlson missed those kicks, cut the S.O.B!"