Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Words to live by....  (Read 11594 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Hahahaha! (Read the fine print)

[attachment deleted by admin]
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

loved that cartoon too!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
There's actually an Acme Tools over in Duluth whose commercial airs quite a bit here. Never guess what their logo is? :scratch: :cool: :smiley:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Gotta love it.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Big article today in the Strib talking about coyotes. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Folks talking about coyotes not too far from me on nextdoor.com   

I didn't exactly get accolades for pointing out that they are unprotected and can be trapped or shot at any time....

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
You should've del, that really would have wound em up. People on nextdoor here talk about them nonstop as well.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
A lot pics of deer & some wolves, coyotes, even an occasional bear pic makin it on nextdoor here. Especially from some of the people who are year aound.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So what's this nextdoor thing?  Sounds like an adult dating site.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
It's a neighborhood app, or a surrounding community app that they pretty much talk about anything, similar to here in a way.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:shocked: :scratch: :tut: :laugh: No it's not that LPS, really it's just a site that's basically a message board of people who live or spend a lot of time in the same area. Bet there's 1 for Baudette or LOW. A lot of seasonal people use it for recommendations on all sort of things from places to eat, to where to get their car fixed, to plumbers, carpenters & such. They use it a lot to get the lake association news out as well. I see Boober beat me to it, oh well, I'll still add my .02
« Last Edit: February 02/02/19, 09:03:28 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:shocked: :scratch: :tut: :laugh: No it's not that LPS, really it's just a site that's basically a message board of people who live or spend a lot of time in the same area. Bet there's 1 for Baudette or LOW. A lot of seasonal people use it for recommendations on all sort of things from places to eat, to where to get their car fixed, to plumbers, carpenters & such. They use it a lot to get the lake association news out as well. I see Boober beat me to it, oh well, I'll still add my .02
how do I get to one for our area Gunner.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
And tgats great .02 worth gunner.  :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
how do I get to one for our area Gunner.
PM'ed you, glenn

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Got it!! :happy1: :happy1: so you can be nice once in a while!! :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
For anyone else who may be interested it's just nextdoor.com, your town or lake in our case, & sign up.  A lot of like minded people sharing a lot of good info here. :cool: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: Did you take some notes?  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I've only been tellin you about this for 2 years  :bonk: 'bout time. :rolleyes: ;) :laugh:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I see you have to join to just look at it...   :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:tut: Did you take some notes?  ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I've only been tellin you about this for 2 years  :bonk: 'bout time. :rolleyes: ;) :laugh:
yea I wrote it down. :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Just remember to turn off the notifications or your email will explode..

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks for the advice boob, my email gets goofy enough.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just be careful with that app, guys. Don't put out personal info on it, like the huge gun and coin collection you have...and when you'll be gone on vacation. (Which is what people use it for) One of the Co-captains here in the neighborhood watch program raved that's the way to go to crush crime (he knows nothing other than techie stuff) Got a lot of people to start using it to let others know when they were away, watch their house, etc. a few years ago.
 I really fought against it, and ultimately pulled out along with my entire block due to possible issues with it. Odd, but houses on his block were broken into three times the next year... :scratch: What if yer sleazy nephew is over, accesses yer Email on it, sees that Joe next door is asking his house be watched while he's in Arizona for two weeks, because he has that huge coin collection.....IMO, it's disseminating personal info out there that can be used against ya. And it has been done a lot, according to some police statistics. Just be careful with it, guys. There's a lot of dirtbags out there.
« Last Edit: February 02/02/19, 10:26:49 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Just be careful with that app, guys. Don't put out personal info on it, like the huge gun and coin collection you have...and when you'll be gone on vacation. (Which is what people use it for) One of the Co-captains here in the neighborhood watch program raved that's the way to go to crush crime (he knows nothing other than techie stuff) Got a lot of people to start using it to let other know when they were away, etc. a few years ago. I really fought against it, and ultimately pulled out along with my entire block due to possible issues with it. Odd, but houses on his block were broken into three times the next year... :scratch: What if yer sleazy nephew is over, accesses yer Email on it, sees that Joe next door is asking his house be watched while he's in Arizona for two weeks, because he has that huge coin collection.....IMO, it's disseminating personal info out there that can be used against ya. And it has been done a lot, according to some police statistics. Just be careful with it, guys. There's a lot of dirtbags out there.

:happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya I looked and like Mike says you have to join just to see it.  I will have to think about it.  There are crooks here like anywhere else and I don't want them knowing anything about my stuff.   

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I see you have to join to just look at it...   :scratch:
You don't have to remain signed up, you must :scratch: be able to unsubscribe, like a lot of email accts, at anytime. Reb would know better than I about that. Never had any issues here, been a member for 4-5 years at least, that I know of & I'm sure we have some shady people around here, he!!, glenn's just up the road a lot. ;) :laugh: Reb's advice is good for a lot of the internet sites especially the so called social media. :bonk:
« Last Edit: February 02/02/19, 12:50:41 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That's not really an issue here either. Only 1 or 2 posts a week, maybe, this time a year. Might be 5 or 6 a week during the summer, so I don't turn it off.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It would be my educated guess that places like our #1 city with the rampant crime would be more of an issue....but, we're having a lot of burglary's and break-ins in the rural areas around here, too. Been a string of thefts of rural area construction equipment /houses that they just can't seem to solve...over 20 so far.  The people are always gone for a period of time when these places are hit...how do they know? They're getting it somehow.
In a tight knit, small neighborhood area, shouldn't be a problem, (unless you link to other unknown areas) but never put personal stuff out there. Not trying  to bash anyone's enjoyment, but, be safe, guys. It's hard to do in this day and age. That was the kind of stuff I was invited to neighborhood watch groups to talk about.
« Last Edit: February 02/02/19, 01:06:27 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Really isn't anything negative on nextdoor reb,  you sure were talking about the same app? Cuz nobody starts a thread on what they own/have or when they are going on vac. It's all talk on a lost cat, looking for help at this or that. Now and then someone spots a strange vehicle going thru neighborhoods and alerts everyone but that's about it. This morning an older lady broke her faucet,  posted she needed help and several neighbors said were on our way, no big dollar plumbers needed, lots of stuff like that. As far as this place goes, we've all said or showed way more on what we have than that app goes. My address isn't even tied to the app, just the street.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup, that was the app that the guy had everyone on down here, Boob. The App isn't negative; it's just how the guy wanted to use it. Still have his handout. This was three years ago; I hear some security issues/settings on the site have been changed since then. His idea was to tell everyone when you were gone, watch my house, etc. and post it on the app. Not a good idea. Suppose you can use it for whatever you want. What you are stating I'd see no probs with. May be different in another neck of the woods, I suppose.
Was just sayin'. .....Also the PD here advised the watch groups against it, using it the way he wanted...amnd most of the neighbors here agreed.  Things really vary from town to town/person to person.  It's whatever floats yer boat. Like everything else, it's a personal decision. Lotsa good folks out here, and some dirtbags in the mix too.

https://www.komando.com/tips/392828/how-to-protect-your-privacy-on-neighborhood-sites-like-nextdoor/all
« Last Edit: February 02/02/19, 01:42:56 PM by Rebel SS »