Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 507893 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
That's 2.54% so far...........that tested positive.

https://www.kaaltv.com/rochester-minnesota-news/mdh-website-868-approximate-number-of-patients-tested-21-positives/5674262/?cat=10151

Mayo found 0 cases in first batch from their new testing lab...  90 tests, no positives.   So good news.

And Dotch, did you see the news item about the two brothers in Tennessee that drove around hitting the stores in all the little towns and buying up thousands of bottles of hand sanitizer that they were then selling on Amazon?   Then Amazon cracked down and ebay cracked down so they are sitting there with like 17000 bottles and no way to sell them.   
« Last Edit: March 03/14/20, 07:30:42 PM by delcecchi »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Saw that. Hope they're stuck with it. Or wind up donating it to someplace that really needs it. Terds! :confused:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I say we all get drunker'n Cooter Brown, (like Sissy said)  throw on some Lynyrd Skynyrd, and bof the nearest hot-looking babe!
I always thought Debra Winger was a hottie too!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We have 3 appointments in Rochester next week, then we can hunker down. Oh, oh, I just remembered, I'm suppose to go back to work.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You best remember TO CALL, too................... :tut:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I say we all get drunker'n Cooter Brown, (like Sissy said)  throw on some Lynyrd Skynyrd, and bof the nearest hot-looking babe!
I always thought Debra Winger was a hottie too!!!

I was truly in love with her. Saw Urban Cowboy 7 times. Long story.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

I'll be back on tuesday. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
We have 3 appointments in Rochester next week, then we can hunker down. Oh, oh, I just remembered, I'm suppose to go back to work.

Work is vastly overrated. Del's not back until Tues. I'll swing by in the Stude with a couple bags of wool.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: March 03/14/20, 10:27:29 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

I'll be back on tuesday.

Not you, Roony!! He forgot last week, :doah:  Yer supposed to PM. I'll have my shopping bag ready.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yay! Maybe they'll close the entire store!! If they don't , I might!!  :evil: :dancinred:

https://www.kaaltv.com/health/wal-mart-cutting-store-hours-nationwide/5674508/?cat=10151

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I think folks need to get out in the open air and take some walks, drives, etc thru woods, trails, whatever. Clears the head, and it's virus free. My neighbor who moved up to a condo in Mpls, , was telling me how depressed he is, really bad. But, said he hasn't been out of his little condo in 2 weeks becuz of the Corona thing, not supposed too....been holed up watching back to back Netflix movies and eating TV dinners. Told him THAT's why he's depressed, ya gotta get out! "no, we're supposed to avoid all contact"....THAT's why he's so depressed!
Use common sense, and get outside and enjoy! What's gonna happen is gonna happen!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well said Reb, the sun is out!!  enjoy the day!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm already planning! Gonna stop and grab some cash, and then put Mr. Sparkles into afterburner mode!!! Roadtrip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!      :cool:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
All schools shutting down on Wednesday....now the fun begins!!!! Roaming teeneagers.....kids....best et ready for lockdown!

https://www.kaaltv.com/index.shtml

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Shopping never fails to put me in a foul mood.
Since the warden is laid up I had to buy some things today. First stop was Kwik Trip. Gassed up the Impala for tomorrow, got some milk, eggs, bread and butter there, so far so good.
Then came the dreaded grocery store where I saw the hoarders in person for the first time. As I was walking to the entrance I was greeted by a thirty something year old specimen . She was beaming and hollered at me "They got some toilet paper!" Her cart was half full of it
I smiled, secretly wishing I had a soldering iron to stick up her arse. Lots of shelves were bare but I got what I needed and headed home. My faith in humanity has reached an all time low.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You shoulda tipped her cart over and punted the TP 20 yds.  Assmunches.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
No frozen pizzas!  :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
As you know my Mom and Dad moved into a real nice adult living thing.  They are in lockdown.  Not to leave the facility or have anyone come in.  It is connected to an assisted care facility so Mom likes to walk over there and talk to people who are under more care and talk to them.  So Evelyn who is a belligerent person was walking through the main area with gloves on so they asked why she had gloves on.  She said they can't tell me what to do so I just went to the grocery store.  NOW they closed off the assisted care facility so there is no access to it in case she brought a virus in.  Bummed my Mom out and they are all mad at Evelyn now.  One dumbass wrecks it for all!!!   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That sux Barry. Common sense, decency and courtesy have suddenly gone out the window. I really don't even want to go to the grocery store anymore afters some of the foolishness I've seen and heard about.   :sad:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna be hard for a lot of people. I feel so bad about not being able to see my mom at the care center

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup, this all sucks...
My parents sold their house here and went to Arizona for the winter. They will be coming back some time in April, and we will be moving them into senior apartments. They sold their trailer in Arizona, so this will be the last winter for them to travel there. I hope the timing works out well for them, but I get to do all the work of moving their crap around.  :banghead:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I popped in to see Mom using all precautions. Limited it to a 15 mn visit, with no contact. Felt bad about that... but she understand. Her worry was "You take care of YOURSELF, don't worry about me" ...That got me all choked up.   :undecided:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Had to stop in Walfart for some med supplies....and same thing there. People hauling out multiple cases of stuff. No TP, paper towels.....same as before. Not one pizza. Empty boxes in cooler. Decimated canned goods aisle. They bring it on themselves.
Someone needs to boot them as a store square in the azz. They're just making it worse for people that really need stuff. MY buddy in the cities really chewed me out for going out! "You are NOT to be in public gatherings! "You're gonna make it worse and spread it to everyone!" He's holed up for the last 2 weeks watching streaming TV 24/7 and eating microwave dinners. I told him he's gonna die a psychotic emaciated wreck if he don't get outside and get some fresh air, real food, and see people. You just can't hole up like that!
Don't think we'll be talking anytime soon... :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 03/15/20, 02:13:35 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Yup Reb, I went to town for some wood duck house bedding at Flea Farm.... it was the same thing there. Long lines and folks had their carts heaped up with crap they don't need....  :banghead:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just don't understand why these stores don't put LIMITS on stuff! Everyone needs it, for chrissakes, we're all the same, and you know it's gonna sell anyway! That's the stuff that leads to the "Black market" effect and price increase hoarding! As Glenn would say,   :tut:  !!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
But I'm out in the woods soaking up the sun....