Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 503822 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Wouldn't be any different then the Influenza crap. :surrender: :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep people are really taking this seriously. :confused: :doofus: neighbor across the street.  He goes to work every day. She does daycare. I seen 7 kids there one day.

They have 4 kids, one still is at home, rest live elsewhere. Tonight there all at MA an ex poos house. :surrender: :surrender: :scratch:

And this is just an example I see . :bonk:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I don't believe any of the other pandemics has had a mortality rate of around 3 % that this 1 does, H1N1 was more like 2%. :tut:
« Last Edit: May 05/01/20, 06:24:05 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep people are really taking this seriously. :confused: :doofus: neighbor across the street.  He goes to work every day. She does daycare. I seen 7 kids there one day.

They have 4 kids, one still is at home, rest live elsewhere. Tonight there all at MA an ex poos house. :surrender: :surrender: :scratch:

What's that old line? You can't fix stupid! :tut: If 1 of their parents gets it they may wish they'd done things differently. :crazy:  :pouty:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: MA an ex poos house? Did they all go over to their ex's to go poo or is that just too much firewater? :confused: Not sure daycares are even 'sposed to operating right now under Timmy's new guidlines. :tut:
« Last Edit: May 05/02/20, 07:29:45 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered that too.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually wasn't there something about it being allowed to have child care for essential employees children? 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Actually wasn't there something about it being allowed to have child care for essential employees children? 
After a little research it looks like you are right as child care workers are classified as Essential Tier 2 Workers.
« Last Edit: May 05/02/20, 08:08:51 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

:scratch: MA an ex poos house? Did they all go over to their ex's to go poo or is that just too much firewater? :confused: Not sure daycares are even 'sposed to operating right now under Timmy's new guidlines. :tut:

Dad gummit glenn! Now we're gonna need boar to translate!  :rotflmao:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Stopped at the meat market late yesterday afternoon to pick up grilling material for the weekend. Talked to the owners and they wanted to bring their teenage daughter out to play with the little black bottle lamb. She showed some sheep we had arranged for her last year and was missing them. Her Dad brought her out and she and Mrs. Cheviot had a long talk. Dean and I walked around the yard visiting while looking over the fruit trees and talking old cars. Became pretty clear both of them needed to unwind. The daughter has had her school year uprooted and now there will unlikely be any county fairs or 4-H livestock shows. No big deal to people my age perhaps but put yourself in her shoes at that age. Her Dad has been working his fingers to the bone. The locker is already booked solid into January with no let up in sight. They must've stayed an hour and a half. When they left felt almost like a weight had been lifted from their shoulders. We need to keep people's state of mental health in mind through all of this. It's starting to take a toll the longer this stretches out.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
One of the lead stories on the CBS Evening News tonight said that the U of M has just come out & said the current virus situation could last 2 more years or until 60-70%  of the country has immunity to it.  I sure hope they don't know what they're talking about.

The way this virus spreads, it won't take 2 years until 60-70% of the people get it - even with social distancing.  The key missing piece is a enough random sample testing - for both virus and antibodies - across the whole country to determine how many people already have and/or had it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yes they could always remain open. Gunner, maybe. :rotflmao: that and typing on a phone. :pouty:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Stopped at the meat market late yesterday afternoon to pick up grilling material for the weekend. Talked to the owners and they wanted to bring their teenage daughter out to play with the little black bottle lamb. She showed some sheep we had arranged for her last year and was missing them. Her Dad brought her out and she and Mrs. Cheviot had a long talk. Dean and I walked around the yard visiting while looking over the fruit trees and talking old cars. Became pretty clear both of them needed to unwind. The daughter has had her school year uprooted and now there will unlikely be any county fairs or 4-H livestock shows. No big deal to people my age perhaps but put yourself in her shoes at that age. Her Dad has been working his fingers to the bone. The locker is already booked solid into January with no let up in sight. They must've stayed an hour and a half. When they left felt almost like a weight had been lifted from their shoulders. We need to keep people's state of mental health in mind through all of this. It's starting to take a toll the longer this stretches out.     
Stopped there briefly yesterday myself and talked with the owner a little. Very busy around there. That is both good and bad. Gonna be a long haul I'm afraid

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I agree. Talked to the wife of a friend of mine in the grocery store yesterday. She said it was wierd having both of their boys at home to help on the farm all spring. Got a lot done a lot more quickly. Kinda reminiscent of the days when my Dad grew up. A lot of the young lads went to 6th - 8th grade then quit school to help on the farm. These 2 are in high school now but similar to the good old days. Dean's daughter was helping yesterday at the meat market baking the burger & brat buns. She's getting paid and learning the value of a dollar.  :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/02/20, 10:37:55 AM by Dotch »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
One of the lead stories on the CBS Evening News tonight said that the U of M has just come out & said the current virus situation could last 2 more years or until 60-70%  of the country has immunity to it.  I sure hope they don't know what they're talking about.

The way this virus spreads, it won't take 2 years until 60-70% of the people get it - even with social distancing.  The key missing piece is a enough random sample testing - for both virus and antibodies - across the whole country to determine how many people already have and/or had it.
That's another thing that sounds  :crazy: to me. The news said early in the week that the U of M & Mayo hoped to be able to process 15-20,000 tests a day within a week or 2. How the he!! they gonna do that :scratch: if the all re-agents needed to do the testing are in very limited supply.  :doah: :bonk: With every country, state, & bio-tech company on the planet bidding against each other to get some certainly of no help either. :sad:
« Last Edit: May 05/02/20, 10:46:19 AM by Gunner55 »

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Well, if wishes were fishes Glen would be one happy camper.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I don't believe any of the other pandemics has had a mortality rate of around 3 % that this 1 does, H1N1 was more like 2%. :tut:

The mortality rate varies dramatically by age.   It has hit Minnesota nursing homes hard.     
https://www.minnpost.com/health/2020/05/the-daily-coronavirus-update-594-new-cases-in-minnesota-as-testing-ramps-up/

80% of deaths were in long term care.    Deaths are much rarer among the under 60 crowd unless they have some bad condition as well like copd, cancer, etc

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
As I understand it another thing that affects how sick you get is viral load.
 This is why so many doctors, nurses, and first responders get it so bad. They have more than one source of contamination.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yesterday I read an opinion someone posted on IDO regarding the testing that had me really thinking about just really how accurate these numbers are????? :scratch: why the fast sudden spike recently of all the confirmed cases

back when the testing first started it was well known that there wasn't near enough testing supplies to verify samples taken so they where frozen. so now with more testing being able to get done, these numbers are spiking so fast its skewing the present day numbers here in Minnesota, for samples taken 4-6 weeks ago.

one would think they should have identified those recently confirmed cases that were done or taken back then instead of just adding them to present day totals. :scratch: :scratch: :doah:

and of course they made it clear they were only testing the vulnerable areas and not the population as a whole. now with more tests available of course more information is coming out.

thing that chapped me a bit was back when Pence was in rochester, he made a comment why he didnt wear a mask was because he gets tested often????????? how many tests does he get when others arent able to get at least one test???????????

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I'm bettin he's NOT the only 1 in DC getting tested a few times a week. :pouty: Wonder :scratch: how often Nancy & Chuck have averaged getting tested the last few weeks.  :rolleyes: :sad: :crazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and how come all the politicians look like they don't need hair cuts???????   

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
yesterday I read an opinion someone posted on IDO regarding the testing that had me really thinking about just really how accurate these numbers are????? :scratch: why the fast sudden spike recently of all the confirmed cases

back when the testing first started it was well known that there wasn't near enough testing supplies to verify samples taken so they where frozen. so now with more testing being able to get done, these numbers are spiking so fast its skewing the present day numbers here in Minnesota, for samples taken 4-6 weeks ago.

one would think they should have identified those recently confirmed cases that were done or taken back then instead of just adding them to present day totals. :scratch: :scratch: :doah:

and of course they made it clear they were only testing the vulnerable areas and not the population as a whole. now with more tests available of course more information is coming out.

thing that chapped me a bit was back when Pence was in rochester, he made a comment why he didnt wear a mask was because he gets tested often????????? how many tests does he get when others arent able to get at least one test???????????

Interesting that they are testing old samples, where did you see that?   I figured the jump was that they were testing more at meat packing plants and nursing homes now that they can handle more testing.   

As for Pence, not masking was against Mayo policy, and it isn't clear if he knew or didn't know about the policy.    But he is right in that the purpose of masks is to keep you from giving it to someone, not keep you from getting it.    And if you know for sure you don't have it then there is no actual need to wear a mask.     But the media....

Don't you guys get tired of all the fake stuff, like the 3oz bottles and taking off your shoes at the airport?   Wearing masks to take  a walk?    I sure do.   

BTW, looks like the moose lake prison has a big problem.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
One of your Rochester citizens posted this yesterday on IDO. Tom Sawvell, aka, crappie Tom.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: I'm bettin he's NOT the only 1 in DC getting tested a few times a week. :pouty: Wonder :scratch: how often Nancy & Chuck have averaged getting tested the last few weeks.  :rolleyes: :sad: :crazy:
[/quote) Don’t know about Schumer.  It I read that Pelosi and McConnell were offered tests and both declined, saying save them for the front line medical people and first responders who were at risk.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
All I know is this needs to change. You quarantine the sick, not the healthy for cripes sake. :doofus: :doofus:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
All I know is this needs to change. You quarantine the sick, not the healthy for cripes sake. :doofus: :doofus:
:tut: Bet I can find more than a couple people who'd say you should be kept in quarantine indefinitely.  :rolleyes: :nerd: :nerd: So, I guess it depends on who determines what the definition of sick really is. :sleazy: :doofus: :confused:
« Last Edit: May 05/03/20, 05:24:24 PM by Gunner55 »