Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 508565 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey Glenn look up one post!!!    :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Funny how everyone was surprised by the CDC announcement, which did not give local municipalities and businesses time to consider the implications.

Personally, I think vaccinated folks are tired of wearing masks and were stopping on their own.  And the CDC granted us this "privilege" now so as to look pro-active, rather that react after everyone quit.

I've heard two main opinions.

First, if the CDC though granting us the privilege of not wearing a mask if you get vaxed might motivate people to take the shot, there are some who think this strategy will backfire.

Second, how are they going to tell between the vaxers and non-vaxers?  This will enforce stratification is our society.

Will businesses have to take their "Must Wear Mask" signs down and replace them with "Please wear a mask if you aren't vaxed" signs?

How will employees feel if their customers can come in without masks with no way to tell if they are vaxed or not?

And who will still be able to enforce a mandate?  Can you employer make you continue wearing a mask - vaxed or not?  Will they be able to see your medical records?

I know we are on the way to this mythical "herd immunity," but the way i see it, if you want to be personally protected, get the shot.  If you consider the risks and rewards and decide not to get it, God bless you too.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I'm wondering if places that only offer drive thru will now open up to dine in.???

Also wondering how these places like Menards are going to change there policies??? Think it's a crock that employees at food places still have to wear a mask. :confused:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Kroger's, the largest grocery chain in the nation, has come out & said publicly they aren't lifting the mask mandate at their stores right away. Also heard that there's 8 people on the NY Yankees that have been vaccinated with the J & J version who now have tested positive for 1 of the variants :scratch: :confused:
« Last Edit: May 05/14/21, 06:40:18 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Steveo-o all very good points.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Steve-O makes some really good points. I quit wearing my mask other than at work a while ago. I have never worn it outside. As for the employer apparently it is an OSHA requirement according to the President of the company. So until OSHA give the approval we will keep wearing them at work. I will just keep a mask on me and if some business that I go into tells me I need a mask I will put it on. I have always felt from the beginning that it is their business and they can do what they want.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Agreed JB,I never wore a mask outside or in my vehicle,walz is looney.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Gottlieb was just on & said 7 of the 8 Yankees were asymptomatic. He wanted to know which test they were given as he said trace amounts can show up on 1 of them. He also wanted to know what variant it was. The good news was that nobody got very sick. He also is in favor of the CDC opening things up more.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
All the deer looked at me funny when they saw me waring a mask in my deer stand.  :rotflmao:
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Steve-O makes some really good points. I quit wearing my mask other than at work a while ago. I have never worn it outside. As for the employer apparently it is an OSHA requirement according to the President of the company. So until OSHA give the approval we will keep wearing them at work. I will just keep a mask on me and if some business that I go into tells me I need a mask I will put it on. I have always felt from the beginning that it is their business and they can do what they want.
i'm not real sure it was completely OSHA but i know the EEOC said an employer can mandate it, as they are responsible for a safe work environment......thats probably how OSHA comes in to play!!!!!  :scratch: :scratch:

and from what i am hearing some of those employers arent really pushing the masks that hard anymore either.

tpo Steve'os points.........i got an email from this recall Walz brigade........NOW there on the vax passport rant. i expect that may come in play. NO noone will ever get to look at your medical records unless you give them written permission........thats where the passport thing comes in.

as far as cities and businesses..........i believe they still have the legal right to require masks.....but i wonder if there stringent on that how it woild effect there business????? that i'm not sure of. the only  places i know of that demand it is Costco and Menards.......and i did see someone go into menards without one the other day. not sure what happened as i went the other direction he did.

what i think is stupid as hell are eating places requiring you to wear a mask until your seated......not sure what that accomplishes??????????/
« Last Edit: May 05/14/21, 09:20:29 AM by glenn57 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
last night on the news, i see where the 2 goofball mayors of st paul and minneapolis are still mandating masks...... :scratch: :scratch:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
last night on the news, i see where the 2 goofball mayors of st paul and minneapolis are still mandating masks...... :scratch: :scratch:

And now the fun begins...  training-087 :taz: :popcorn:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it's up to towns and business's alike to man date if they want too..  good reason to stay away... 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
It would be nice if they dropped the mask mandate at work but I'm not too hopeful
 We've had quite a few cases lately.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It would be nice if they dropped the mask mandate at work but I'm not too hopeful
 We've had quite a few cases lately.
c'mon roony, use that charming personality of yours. :happy1: :evil: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The mask "mandate" ain't going anywhere until the vax passport issue gets worked out one way or the other.

If they sign new executive orders requiring vax passports for the "privilege" (privilege, my  :moon:) of entering a building w/o a mask, that will be the law of the land until something else changes.

If they decide compulsory vax passports are in fact Health Information Privacy (HIPAA) violations, there will be no way to enforce privately-imposed mask mandates for non-vaxed citizens. 

Until then, we're all just making it up as we go along again.  Way to lead CDC and Biden!  :rolleyes:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I'll be  :shocked: if some sort of proof of getting the shot isn't required to fly internationally though, maybe even into next year. If no vax passport :tut: then 2 weeks of quarantine may be needed upon arrival before you can travel throughout their country. Not many vacationers will be willing to do that IMO.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife's employer told them this morning that they no longer need to wear a mask. Lucky duck.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i have not a care in the world to fly anywhere, much less across a pond..........i could care less. in in fact i need to show my vax card so be it.

BUT........... if there gonna come along and require booster vax in the future  :tut: :tut: gunner..you may as well add that to my bitch and whine list!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i just got back from downtown cold spring. the 2 businesses i went into, the owners and employees were no longer wearing masks!!!!! :happy1: progress.......some customers where........ there choice. :happy1:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I think if they try to do anything with a passport it will end up in court. All the way to the top. This is not nazi Germany. Show me your papers, or else.  :crazy:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I think if they try to do anything with a passport it will end up in court. All the way to the top. This is not nazi Germany. Show me your papers, or else.  :crazy:
unfortunately it will get settled in 6 years from now.....thats if we are lucky!!!!!!! :confused: :confused:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Dats for sure. In the meantime I will just keep going about my day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dats for sure. In the meantime I will just keep going about my day.
speaking of going on about my day.........time to get my  :toast: on ice and that fire ring fired up............then who knows!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:  :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
See I was just thinking the same thing.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna take off my mask and refry the chicken tacos from last night....   Sunday we leave for up nort.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna take off my mask and refry the chicken tacos from last night....   Sunday we leave for up nort.
safe travels Del!! :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
i have not a care in the world to fly anywhere, much less across a pond..........i could care less. in in fact i need to show my vax card so be it.

BUT........... if there gonna come along and require booster vax in the future  :tut: :tut: gunner..you may as well add that to my bitch and whine list!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i just got back from downtown cold spring. the 2 businesses i went into, the owners and employees were no longer wearing masks!!!!! :happy1: progress.......some customers where........ there choice. :happy1:
It was the same the weekend we came up at the Bstore. GR not so much, next week maybe. :scratch:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Have fun del!  :happy1:
« Last Edit: May 05/14/21, 06:44:37 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Long day Dotch? :confused:                      ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/14/21, 06:59:16 PM by Gunner55 »