Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: corona pandemic~  (Read 508613 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Good information. I didn't know a vested union guy could get fired.   :coffee:

oh heck yea seen it too!!!  seen the military do it too!!  couple months away from 20 year retirement and out the door!!!   ya want to play ya have to pay...
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Good information. I didn't know a vested union guy could get fired.   :coffee:
vested usually means enough time in to get pension.

Typically once you get through your probationary period, and it varies. When I started it was 30 days 40 plus years ago now it's anywhere from 60 to 120 days, and depends some are calendar some are working days.

But yea you need to really screw up to get fired. Also there are progressive disciplinary rules and grounds for immediate termination.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 ;) Lockdowns don't work
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
now I see they are seeing a thing covid brain fog...  and here I thought it was old age...   more excuses?? 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Easter sunday visiting....connected with a old friend, female 53,very atheltic ....no health issues until she got her second jab last fall,following day in the ER,irregular heart beat,breathing issues but she needed the jab to fly,maybe a coincidence?

then last week another  2 days in ICU anemic,irregular heart beat,blood transfusion,ugh.

Doctor's won't say there is a connection to the jab but sure makes me think.

Last fall another friend needed the jab in order to fly on vaca,healthy 50 yr old,no health issues ,none,after his second jab the following day he went for a bike ride,keeled over,heart attack/blood clot,I'm sure many other similar stories around the country,every once in awhile certain news station will tell us about the 20-30 year olds in the icu or worse from blood clots younger years we never talked about blood clots in us young bucks,no one will pin point the cause we can only suspect.personel choice for all.

Unlike polio vaccine which was mandatory back in the 50's it took 15 years to be deemed safe,this operation "warp speed"  vaccine was out in less than 5 years,we still don't know the long term effects? but one thing is for sure,the jab sure doesn't work for most but sets the mind at ease for folks with underlying issues.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It is not for everyone & won't be safe for everyone. But for those with underlying issues it might be worth the risk. For me personally the only reason I would consider it is because I need it to cross into Canada. Being Canada is 4 miles from my house it is kinda of a pisser   :pouty: that I need them. However, after close examination i've determined that i'm not that mad at the fish and will stay on my side of the line until a 100% safe vaccine is created without boosters being required. One question though.......with all the money being made with the boosters is big pharm really trying to make a safe 100% vaccine?   :confused:  Follow the money to big pharma and legislators who own massive piles of stock and I would say no.   
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Its tough to find the truth when the media only reports the facts that support their agenda.

Hunter Biden's laptop exposing business connections between candidate Joe Biden, Hunter, and China was a fact that the media chose to ignore right before the election.  (WH insists Biden didn’t lie about Hunter’s business deals in China at 2020 debate)

There are facts associated with people getting sick and dying from the vaccines and boosters, but media isn't calling attention to or investigating those either.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Its tough to find the truth when the media only reports the facts that support their agenda.

Hunter Biden's laptop exposing business connections between candidate Joe Biden, Hunter, and China was a fact that the media chose to ignore right before the election.  (WH insists Biden didn’t lie about Hunter’s business deals in China at 2020 debate)

There are facts associated with people getting sick and dying from the vaccines and boosters, but media isn't calling attention to or investigating those either.

Spot on steve-o,this hunter,biden crime family fiasco is the biggest government con-job in our history,throw in the shady clinton's ...walla,nothing will happen.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm not going to promote or rip on the covid vaccine, BUT..........every medicine made out there has a list of possible side affects....EVERY ONE OF THEM........ and how many say dont take this medication if you have this, or that??????

hell, there are certain meds you cant  take if your taking some other one because they may not like each other and cause reactions!!!!!!! some meds a body is simply not going to agree with!!

i'll agree this covid meds came out pretty fast........ but the fact remains........its not the only med that has possible side affects.......people need to look at the full picture!!!!!!!

and i agree with Dutchy..personally i think htis one is a huge money grab!!!!!!

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Glenn you are correct that not all drugs don't have side effects. But those drugs you aren't made to feel like a criminal or crazy if you don't take them.

Like a $100 steak dinner, it's all in the presentation and with the vaccine the presentation sucked and in some cases they were lying their asses off.   :coffee:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm not going to promote or rip on the covid vaccine, BUT..........every medicine made out there has a list of possible side affects....EVERY ONE OF THEM........ and how many say dont take this medication if you have this, or that??????

hell, there are certain meds you cant  take if your taking some other one because they may not like each other and cause reactions!!!!!!! some meds a body is simply not going to agree with!!

i'll agree this covid meds came out pretty fast........ but the fact remains........its not the only med that has possible side affects.......people need to look at the full picture!!!!!!!

and i agree with Dutchy..personally i think htis one is a huge money grab!!!!!!

The difference here is none of the covid vaccines makers publish legal disclaimers about possible side effects like they do for every other FDA-approved drug they advertise.

I think they like the idea that they continue to operator under emergency use authorization 2.5 years into the pandemic.  And the current Presidential Administration seems to be complicit in this situation - not holding them to a higher standard.   :angry:

If they were legally obliged to say "Some takers of this vaccine have reported blood clots, strokes and heart attacks - some severe, leading to death," how many people would be lining up for booster shots?   :confused:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Exactly fellers. Shouldn't be made to feel like a criminal just for exercising free will to make a choice.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Made me smil;e last night when the news broke about a federal judge shot down biden's mask mandate for public transportation,after 2.5 years of this B.S.  enough! As we approach the mid terms,curious what the lefties have up they're sleeve,looking at all the old baggage in the dem line-up,is there anyone under 75 years old? or all double seniors? curious.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya the Dems need someone younger that won't fall asleep at the podium and they both need someone with some integrity.
« Last Edit: April 04/19/22, 07:15:30 AM by LPS »

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya the Dems need someone younger that won't fall asleep at the podium and they both need someone with some integrity.
Trouble is, so do 'da Repubs.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thats an oxy-moron............integrity.......politicians!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thats an oxy-moron............integrity.......politicians!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
2nd that now days for sure!!!    :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Willin to say or do whatever it takes to get what they want just like a lot of them union contract negotiators? :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:             ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: Willin to say or do whatever it takes to get what they want just like a lot of them union contract negotiators? :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:             ;) :rolleyes: :laugh: :laugh:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :tut: :tut: nowhere's close!!!!!!!!!! :tut: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i never sold my soul!!!!!!! :happy1: :sleazy:
« Last Edit: April 04/19/22, 09:05:04 AM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch:  Soul, he :evil: must be related & NEVER is a long time.  :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:                           ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Here we go again,co-worker's wife second time covid yesterday,all the bad effects,101.8 fever,weak,loss of taste...fully vac,4 boosters etc...I'm surprised co worker is allowed to mingle even tho he tests negative ,think I'll avoid this guy as much as possible.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is what we seen here to. Shot or no shot pretty much got it the same.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm no longer fully employed,but on call if I'm in town,hard to scrape by on SS  but surely don't want to catch whatever these ppl are serving.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
It certainly hits everyone differently. That being said, I have had the flu worse then the rona. Same with the wifey.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Definitely jb, when I had to stay home cuz a rona it was like a vacation ( in a way) compared to influenza that kicked my butt years ago. Pop's though is in his 80's has copd and vulnerable to pneumonia, so far has been positive twice with mild symptoms of the vid. With his background he plays by the rules as much as can, wearing a mask, staying in the car when ma shops just trying to not get anything that's floating around.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Has anybody tallied up how much the Government has spent buying vaccines, handing out billions for people not to work, lost tax dollars from closing the businesses down.

I'm not looking to start a fight I'm just curious if anybody has attempted to figure out what Covid has cost since it started.