Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Coffee  (Read 11620 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of coffee, thanks Coffee.  The Eagle has landed.   :rotflmao:  We got the coffee today.  Looked like the package was run through a combine.  That is a long ways from you to here.  Maybe they peaked in to make sure there were no Steelers stuff in there. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Looking for contraband, maybe? :sleazy:  ;) :laugh: :laugh:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Speaking of coffee, thanks Coffee.  The Eagle has landed.   :rotflmao:  We got the coffee today.  Looked like the package was run through a combine.  That is a long ways from you to here.  Maybe they peaked in to make sure there were no Steelers stuff in there.
what flavor did he send ya!!!!! :scratch:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sativa? ;) ;D Thought  :scratch: he was sendin them some different type of decaf 'cause him & JB weren't that fond of what they can get up there.
« Last Edit: April 04/17/20, 12:35:22 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
 Hope none of them were damaged. Sorry about the samples being in zip locks but our black bags are in short supply for a couple of weeks. JB should be getting his today also. I gave them a sample of each of my coffees. Tanzania light roast, Colombian mild roast, Palermo dark roast and a decaf. Hope you enjoy. No contraband, the dogs can still smell it over the coffee  :sleazy: :smoking: :smoking:. Black and gold always trumps purple and gold.  :mooning:
« Last Edit: April 04/17/20, 01:10:30 PM by Coffee118 »
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Coffee! I will be looking forward to getting home and not just because it is Friday. And HA SKOL!!!!!!
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
so Coffee, I have always used Folgers classic roast...  where does that stand in your thoughts...  just curious and not trying to start anything!!  Thanks Coffee!!!
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope none of them were damaged. Sorry about the samples being in zip locks but our black bags are in short supply for a couple of weeks. JB should be getting his today also. I gave them a sample of each of my coffees. Tanzania light roast, Colombian mild roast, Palermo dark roast and a decaf. Hope you enjoy. No contraband, the dogs can still smell it over the coffee  :sleazy: :smoking: :smoking:. Black and gold always trumps purple and gold.  :mooning:
that Tanzania isn't any good  :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao: send it my way, I'll take one for the team!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so Coffee, I have always used Folgers classic roast...  where does that stand in your thoughts...  just curious and not trying to start anything!!  Thanks Coffee!!!
our normal coffee is Folgers, and only store bought coffee. The Columbian or I like the black silk.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I can't wait to try some tomorrow morning!  The bags are just fine Coffee.  Thank you very much. 

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
After 9 years in the coffee business I’ve found out that people are very picky about their coffee. Some like expensive and some like gas station coffee. Me I’m spoiled, I can’t drink Starbucks, maxwell house, Folgers or gas station coffee. My coffee is pretty smooth, even the dark roast. I pay $13 a pound for my roast but the price of the coffee doesn’t reflect on the taste. It all depends on the roast and quality of the beans. All I can say is that once you find a coffee that you like it’s hard to drink others. Any other questions I can answer I’ll be popping in and out throughout the evening.
« Last Edit: April 04/17/20, 02:40:48 PM by Coffee118 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
After 9 years in the coffee business I’ve found out that people are very picky about their coffee. Some like expensive and some like gas station coffee. Me I’m spoiled, I can’t drink Starbucks, maxwell house, Folgers or gas station coffee. My coffee is pretty smooth, even the dark roast. I pay $13 a pound for my roast but the price of the coffee doesn’t reflect on the taste. It all depends on the roast and quality of the beans. All I can say is that once you find a coffee that you like it’s hard to drink others. Any other questions I can answer I’ll be popping in and out throughout the evening.

interesting, makes me think I've never had a good blend of coffee then...  going to have to think about this...   might have to order some.....
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
imba dark roast fan, but dont like bitter. cant stand allnyhafolgers junk either, coffee what do yu drink ? Send me what glenn buys, ill pay
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
imba dark roast fan, but dont like bitter. cant stand allnyhafolgers junk either, coffee what do yu drink ? Send me what glenn buys, ill pay
so, didn't HD share his coffee when he had that G-T-G a couple years ago over my mille lacs. stingy turd!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: pretty sure the coffee man sent him the Tanzanian coffee. :scratch: :scratch:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I'm a Columbian guy...the best one we tried so far is from Costco.
Course, we put 3 scoops of coffee in the maker to cook 12 cups  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
so, didn't HD share his coffee when he had that G-T-G a couple years ago over my mille lacs. stingy turd!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: pretty sure the coffee man sent him the Tanzanian coffee. :scratch: :scratch:

Yes I did you dork!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Yes I did you dork!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

So, brown water unless those are big big scoops.
Like my mom.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Coffee, so how many scoops do you recommend to make a 10-12 cup pot? I normally do 3. Want to get it right if we are trying new.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman

Like my mom.
Each scoop full, equals 2 tablespoons full....so, for the mathmatical deprived....that would be 6 tablespoons (heaping) of coffee grounds to make 12 cups of coffee.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok thanks I was just wondering what a "scoop" was.  AND a tablespoon in a measuring thing is different than an actual tablespoon.  Right?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Like my mom.
Each scoop full, equals 2 tablespoons full....so, for the mathmatical deprived....that would be 6 tablespoons (heaping) of coffee grounds to make 12 cups of coffee.
might just as well use a backhoe. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
I usually do 3 tablespoons for my 16 oz French press. But HD is on track with his measurements. That will make a good cup of coffee. Remember what you like, If you like it strong add an extra scoop if you like it lighter take one away. It’s all on what you like. JB my coffee is pretty mild and smooth and not bitter so you shouldn’t add too much unless you go crazy.  :sleazy:
« Last Edit: April 04/17/20, 05:31:28 PM by Coffee118 »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
National coffee association says 1-2 Tbs per 6oz of water.   

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
yeah dork!!! smurfmuffinheadturd!! facial!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yeah dork!!! smurfmuffinheadturd!! facial!!
awe go lay by your dish!! :mooning: :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Having some of the Decaf right now.  Tastes darn good.  I added 2 heaping teaspoons.  I mean regular teaspoons.  And that is one of those baskets for the Kureg.  So the basket was 2/3 full.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Like my mom.
:scratch: Yeah, you better write that down, glenn? ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: The same here 3 scoops for 12 cups, don't make a full pot very often though.
« Last Edit: April 04/18/20, 08:17:23 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I am liking the decaf. Giving it  :happy1: :happy1:. Thank you again!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I liked the Decaf and now am going all out with a cup of the Palermo Dark brew.   :sleazy: