Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Cooper  (Read 38702 times)

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
His hair is darker on the middle of his back.  He has really gotten taller and longer recently.  Not chubby at all which one would expect weighing over 40 lbs.  He has big legs and paws.  They sure look like brothers don't they Glenn? 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Got that right. :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Showed wife the picture. She pointed out how cooper has his paw on your arm. Shadow does the same thing with his paw. :rotflmao: always gotta have his paw on my arm or using his paws to paw at yea. :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: February 02/13/21, 07:54:28 AM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya like he is keeping us under control.  He now tries to keep Buddy away from the wife now.  When Buddy is in her lap (she has a real big recliner) Cooper goes over and bugs him trying to get him down.  Buddy is mellowing and taking it well.  He didn't do that at first.  Cooper thinks he controls the show.  LOL  He kind of does but don't tell him that. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Here is Cooper after a big day! 
:scratch: Looks like Cooper & Shadow are the ones doing the training to me.  ;) :rolleyes:  ;D ;D                                     
« Last Edit: February 02/13/21, 08:08:28 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Here is Cooper after a big day! 
:scratch: Looks like Cooper & Shadow are the ones doing the training to me.  ;) :rolleyes:  ;D ;D                                   
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: yeap...... probably!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
When the dogs went out this morning it was dark yet and we turn the yard light on.  The coyotes started yapping again.  Real close to us.  During the night our dogs barked too.  We have a swamp with tall grasses that I wonder if they are bedding down in.  As Cooper gets older he is looking more Golden than lab.  I see the hair on his tail is getting longer now too.  That puppy blockhead look is gone now. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
They are spoiled pups for sure. :happy1: boy Cooper has sure gotten big since we seen him when we got the fridge from ya. Crazy how fast they grow.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
same with shadow. i'm not seeing the golden in him yet. based on the parents pictures......i keep looking for the longer curly hair and dont see it yet.

he's still a blockhead yet  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: sometimes.  :bonk: but yea he seems to be growing out of it. also growing out of his huge paws!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
One thing I've been bad at over the years with dogs is brushing teeth.  Our lab now has horrible breath,  and could use more than a brushing but it's something tgat always gets forgotten . You guys?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I've never brushed a dog's teeth. I give them doggy biscuits that's supposed to do the same thing????

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Carrots are good for dogs teeth.  Those little ones work great.  Also helps with bad breath.  Ice cubes work too.  Good time to make them sit.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LPS now that's a "lap dog" lol big ole lumox....good looken pup,you two seem bonded already.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya we are pretty good buds.  He just learned last week or so how tasty horse meadow muffins are.  Whenever we don't see him for a few minutes we realize he is in the pasture getting a treat.  Every dog we have had goes through it.  He brings one up to the house and munches on it.  LOL   The wife even brushes his teeth now and then. Just weighed him. 44 lbs.  Was born Oct 26 I believe.   
« Last Edit: February 02/15/21, 11:52:10 AM by LPS »

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
"horse meadow muffin" what the heck is it?kinda like a dog biscuit?

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya except they are green and fairly round.  The fresh ones are warm.  I am glad he seems to prefer frozen ones at this point.  He must feel like he is in heaven since the pasture is full of them.   :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya except they are green and fairly round.  The fresh ones are warm.  I am glad he seems to prefer frozen ones at this point.  He must feel like he is in heaven since the pasture is full of them.   :rotflmao:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: glad i dont have horses then!!! :rotflmao: my dipstick goes that with his poopsickles. :confused: and he's under the bird feeders eating sunflower seeds!!!!! :doofus: :pouty: ya swear we dont feed him!!!!! :doah: :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well do ya?? 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
well do ya??
well ya!!!!! probably eats like one of LPS's horses!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: glad i dont have horses then!!! :rotflmao: my dipstick goes that with his poopsickles. :confused: and he's under the bird feeders eating sunflower seeds!!!!! :doofus: :pouty: ya swear we dont feed him!!!!! :doah: :scratch:

glenn,fyi buddy's pup got extremly ill last summer almost died,pup became extremly lethargic,turned out his pup was wolfen down old sunflower seeds under the feeder,after getting wet all summer from rain/dew they grew a toxic mold,I never knew or payed attention to my feeders as my pup is always sniffin around the feeders but I  mow em up once a week as the dang birds are messy,pigs ears is another no no in the summer as they'll grow salmonella when its hot n humid....Today our pup's are so human like,they even catch colds,wonder how wolves and coyotes make due?

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Never ever gave my dogs those pig ears. The seeds he's eating are fresh laying on the snow.  Trying to keep him from doing it, but he listens like kids. :confused: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
used to give ourd those smoked pig ears, they loved them... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Never ever gave my dogs those pig ears. The seeds he's eating are fresh laying on the snow.  Trying to keep him from doing it, but he listens like kids. :confused: :rotflmao:

Yeah no worries with the seeds in the winter just a fyi come summer,agreed mike,pups love those pig ears but time of year is everything,some pup's have a bullet proof stomach's some need a little extra attention what they eat.another buddy had a sick pup,wouldn't eat,just moped around,vet couldn't figure out what the heck until they did a x-ray then surgery as the pup had a huge mass in his stomach,turned out being box elder bugs mass about the size of a softball he said,caught my boy eating darn  box elder bugs last summer but he passed em herd stories of other dog's getting sick from box elders,dang pups if it stinks they'll eat it or roll in it.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I bought one of those smoked pig ears once.  I got tired of my dog smelling like them.  I only get the rawhide bone things now.  Unflavored.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
We do the rawhides,  when the weather is nice they can lay outside and chew away. Although we do the ones with no knots, been twice I've caught em choking on em.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
My chocolate lab didn't do well with the rawhides. Had to really watch what we have her beyond the normal food we gave her.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cooper has gone through about 4 of the 6" ones so far.  I buy them 3 at a time.  When it is down to one of the knots on the end I throw them away.  Best doggy chew treat ever for me. 

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
My dogs get Bully sticks. Usually from Best Bully Sticks online. Gotta be the odor free ones though.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
We do the rawhides,  when the weather is nice they can lay outside and chew away. Although we do the ones with no knots, been twice I've caught em choking on em.

I quit giving my dogs pork chop bones (the curved ones) because I've had to dig two of them out because they were choking on them. Springers, smaller mouths.
mm