Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: NFL Stuff  (Read 53776 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just saw this, I hope it pastes ok.  Kirk is getting more affordable it seems. Five NFL quarterbacks -- Aaron Rodgers of the Green Bay Packers ($50.2 million), Russell Wilson of the Denver Broncos ($49 million), Kyler Murray of the Arizona Cardinals ($46.1 million), Deshaun Watson of the Cleveland Browns ($46 million), and Patrick Mahomes of the Kansas City Chiefs ($45 million) -- are currently being paid more than $45 million annually, while Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen averages $43 million per year, but can make up to $48 million annually with incentives. Several other young quarterbacks -- including Joe Burrow of the Cincinnati Bengals, Justin Herbert of the Los Angeles Chargers, Jalen Hurts of the Philadelphia Eagles and Lamar Jackson of the Baltimore Ravens -- could all potentially get deals exceeding $45 million.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
If he's the 9th best QB in the league, pay him like the 9th best QB in the league.

The Vikes overpaid for Cousins to get him to come.  I see no reason to overpay him now.  Best case scenario is it will take two years to rebuild the defense to be middle-of-the-pack.  And they can't do that if they overpay Kirk.  It ain't like the proverbial "Superbowl Window" is open for them in the foreseeable future. 

If Kirk thinks he's goona get a better deal elsewhere, God bless him.  He might make more money, but his best chance for success ... 

Wait.  Scratch that.  I was about to say his best chance for success is with the Vikings.   :confused:  I can't go there.  :doah:

Lets face it, until a better QB falls in the Vike's lap or Kirk's performance drops off the chart, he is the devil they know - and I think they gotta ride it out.  But it cuts both ways and something tells me Kirk knows that too.   :coffee:

We saw what happened to Denver when they were desperate for Wilson.  We'll see what happens to Oakland Vegas after they cut Carr.
« Last Edit: March 03/03/23, 11:32:57 AM by Steve-o »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ya it is a tough situation.  He is good.  That's about it.  We are in need of a D and he can help or hinder that situation. 

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The discussion shouldn't be about Kirk. If should be about what does Jefferson do if Cousins signs or doesn't sign. No matter what the result Cousins is short term. Whereas Jefferson is a long term concern.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cousins doesn't pass until someone is wide open till he started just tossing it to JJ even when not open.  Worked for most of the year but the last two or three games Kirk went back to not passing to JJ since he wasn't wide open. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: If JJ has no one that can get him the ball, he won't stay either IMO, no matter what his new deal says. He'll force a trade & I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him end up playing with his buddy, Diggs, as he knows Allen throws into double & triple coverage a lot.
« Last Edit: March 03/04/23, 10:49:17 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Or the Jets who I think have a lot of money.  They Jets are flying to talk to Karen Rodgers today or tomorrow.  I'm thinking it is a done deal.  He probably feels unwanted at GB since noone is groveling over him.   One year at the Jets before he burns out his welcome and then he is going to come kissing up to us.  He may not like Brett but he sure is following in his footsteps.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Got this goin on too. https://sports.yahoo.com/baltimore-ravens-send-a-definitive-message-to-lamar-jackson-with-non-exclusive-franchise-tag-200525944.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall Some insiders believe this is more about Roger's buddies refusing to do more fully guaranteed deals than anything else. Afterall, he has missed 10 games the last 2 years.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
its getting pretty crazy lately..........the amount of high caliber players being cut loose from teams keeps getting bigger......
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I suppose they are too expensive and getting older.  Like Kendricks.  I wonder what he will do.  I would think a team would pick him up. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
He should have a lot of teams interested, it was more about his cap hit than anything else IMO. That & the young LB from OK, Asamoah, showed a lot of promise & will most likely get some of that PT.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I suppose they are too expensive and getting older.  Like Kendricks.  I wonder what he will do.  I would think a team would pick him up.

There are like 4 options for all these guys, right?
  • Retirement.
  • He goes back to his original team on a team friendly deal.
  • He accepts less money to play for a different team.
  • He finds a team in dire need of his position skills and gets them to overpay.

I think Kendricks will end up taking less money elsewhere.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like Garapallo is going to the Raiders.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Sam Darnold signs with 49er's.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Patrick Peterson signed with Steelers today.  Vikes looking for trade partners with Cook and  Za Daryius Smith that wants out of here.  I wonder why?  Maybe he doesn't like our new DC?   The Vikes as well as others showed up at a OBJ convention the other day.  Don't know how it went down.  I was all against him but I am warming to the idea.  He would be a great attention grabber to help JJ.  And vice versa
« Last Edit: March 03/13/23, 05:22:05 PM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Patrick Peterson signed with Steelers today.  Vikes looking for trade partners with Cook and whats his face Imir ? Smith that wants out of here.  I wonder why?  Maybe he doesn't like our new DC?
i thought Peterson wanted to stay??? :scratch:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Too bad. I liked him and I think the players did too. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Steeler's deal is for 2 years & maybe the Vikes only wanted to make it 1. https://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=mcafee&type=E211US1289G0&p=patrick+peterson+steelers

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
OBJ is a egotistical  :mooning: keep him 1000 miles away from JJ.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
OBJ is a egotistical  :mooning: keep him 1000 miles away from JJ.
got that right!!👍

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i seen where David Montgomery formerly the Bears running back signed with the Lions.  that guy gave the Vikings the fits running all over them.

think Detroit is the team to beat this year in the NFC!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The Bears may be tougher too this year.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I was thinking.  They have their franchise QB under a rookie deal.  They just got a haul from trading the #1 draft pick.  They are set if they make the right moves.  They could be dominant and scary for the next 5 years - while the Vikes are basically starting over from scratch with just one stand-out wide receiver. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what I was thinking.  They have their franchise QB under a rookie deal.  They just got a haul from trading the #1 draft pick.  They are set if they make the right moves.  They could be dominant and scary for the next 5 years - while the Vikes are basically starting over from scratch with just one stand-out wide receiver.
yea but there the bears!!!!!! :crazy: :rotflmao:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
yea but there the bears!!!!!! :crazy: :rotflmao:
Like I said...  Da Bears still gotta make the right moves.   :blues brothers:  But they have a hellova lot more to work with than the Vikes.  Heck, they STILL get the Panthers #9 pick in this year's draft plus a lot more:  starting WR D.J. Moore, a 2nd round 2023 pick (#61 overall), ANOTHER 1st round pick in 2024, and a 2nd round pick in 2025!   Plus all their other regular draft picks.  I'd say that was a good move to start with.  :happy1:

The Vikes and the Cheeseheads will be :cry:-ing when Da Bears win 3 of the next 4 NFC North titles.  :surrender:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman

[/quote]yea but there the bears!!!!!! :crazy: :rotflmao:
[/quote]

That’s exactly what we all said about the Lions for the last few years.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The best pick the Bears got was the #1 next year. They then can draft the franchise quarterback because I don't think Fields is it. But hell, Lions, Vikings & Peckers don't have one either so maybe it's a toss-up. I do agree though, the Bears fleeced Carolina who also didn't have a franchise quarterback.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cowboys release Elliot.  Rodgers says he is playing for the Jets.  The teams are still settling things.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Cowboys release Elliot.  Rodgers says he is playing for the Jets.  The teams are still settling things.
yep, sounds like the packer brass layed it out according to Sharon.  Didn't the last qb from green bay go to the Jets and wound up here a year later.. :scratch: