Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: so, now its mom.......  (Read 16285 times)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
From what you had posted earlier, was afraid this was what I would read sooner than later. My deepest sympathy, buddy. 🙏
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Always a tough loss. :pouty:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, sorry for your loss, it’s alway tough to lose a parent.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So sorry to hear that Glenn.  She went fast once in the hospital and that is a good thing for her and everyone else.  Still hurts and I will be thinking of you my friend.  RIP Mom. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
as said sure sorry for your loss Glenn, all of ya...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I know how you feel Glenn it's only been a little over a year for me. I hope you can get some solace knowing her suffering is over.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Thanks guys, it was 20 years ago tomorrow I lost my dad!! Crazy
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline birdswacker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Sorry for your loss Glenn!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Thoughts & prayers Glenn.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
My sympathy and prayers to you and your family, Glenn.

Online Pulleye16

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
So sorry for you lose glen.
2023 Boar's Big Deer Contest Winner

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Sad to hear about your mom, glenn. A hard time for sure, thoughts & prayers sent.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Sorry to hear about your Mom Glenn.  These times are never easy. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
My deepest sympathies Glenn. Sorry for the loss of your Mom.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
thanks comforting to know you guys got my back. today i'm going tup to moms and my brother what to do with her finances,  and i are going to try and figure out her finances and what to do with her other stuff!!!!!! doesnt seem right. tomorrow we have an appt to talk to a realtor what options we have!!!!!!! :pouty:

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just seen the sad news with your mom. Thoughts and prayers headed your way.
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Started going through her stuff today. My brain is fried. :confused: it's bazaar all the stuff she has, that's just banking stuff from as far back as 2004. Did manage to get rid of crap but doesn't look like it! :crazy: :doofus:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
tomorrow afternoon is mom's wake, wed the funeral. she was cremated by request. not sure how i'm going to react. i've been to cremation services and i dont really get that sense of closure?????

i know why she chose that, she watched all these people walk by and look at day, and she wanted no part of that!!!!!! hell she absolutely wanted no part of me calling 911, she was afraid people intown would see that at her house and start gossiping. i said the hell with them i need to do what i got to!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, its funny how easy it is for us to get caught up in appearances and be affected by gossip - I think especially folks from that generation - but we all fall into that trap now and again.

I agree with cremation not being the same.  I carried my dad's cremated remains out of the church in a small box and it seemed like we missed a step.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
The grandkids asked I make grasshoppers in honor of grandma. Kind of a tradition in our family at holidays. :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
haven't had a grass hopper in many years...  my folks liked them too!!!  :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Same here.  They always had a bottle of Creme de Menthe around.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
And when mom ordered one at a restaurant, they'd always give you the extras in a little side glass, which the kids would get to split.   :angel:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Well mom is now resting next to dad. Talk about a mixed bag of emotions. UFFDA!!

Now to finish all the rest of the things that goes along with it  :pouty:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hang in there Glenn.  Things seem to be progressing smoothly.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hang in there Glenn.  Things seem to be progressing smoothly.   :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
naw  :pouty: I just realized I gotta find a new barber! :confused: :rotflmao:

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
It’ll take a while but you’ll get through it.
Stay positive, Glenn. Ive got dog clippers if that will help.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It’ll take a while but you’ll get through it.
Stay positive, Glenn. Ive got dog clippers if that will help.
:rotflmao: :tut:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
something we learned in this process, so anyone that has hearing aides of a recently passed on relative. you need to check out with the supplier.

mom just bought new hearing aides. $6000.00 worth. there not even 45 days old. when my brother called them they werent real receptive in returning them. we just wanted to know what to do with them.

after my brother did a little google search he found a state statute regarding them. it stated within 45 days you could return them and get refunded all but $250.00. when he called back the gal made the comment she wasnt aware of that earlier in the morning. we are claiming  :bs:, we think they know this but unless you push the issue there told not to tell!!!!!!! :confused: :tut:

my thoughts are this could bewith any possible large purchase within a short time of a death!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
kinda an update on things.  it looks like  things are wrapping up here pretty soon. had a probate hearing yesterday and everything was approved. brother found out via stearns county website.  waiting to hear from the attorney.

there was a claim by centracare............for $35,000.00 for care.  when my brother called it was down to $47.00. we are dealing with moms car.......schweiters offered $8500.00 for it, its worth more so we may sell it ourselves.

there are a few things we want out of the house yet, mainly my brother.  then the auctioneer comes and does his thing. the house is already sold as soon as we official word from the attorney.  we wont even need a dumpster, the buyer said he'd deal with it.

overall i'm glad we are this far, still kinda sucks knowing we wont be able to go home soon, but it was getting more depressing every time i had to go there.