Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: so, now its mom.......  (Read 16293 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
you guys done good...   enough said...   

what kind of car?? 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hang in there Glenn.  I wondered what kind of car too?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Chevy Equinox with 77000 miles. were asking $12,000 for it. think its a 2008??????????????/
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good car!   might be strong money but someone should snap it up for the low mileage!!!  good luck!!! 

if it is blue, keep it!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
« Last Edit: September 09/23/23, 07:29:50 PM by mike89 »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
good car!   might be strong money but someone should snap it up for the low mileage!!!  good luck!!! 

if it is blue, keep it!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
not according to BB!!!!!!!!!

naw i have no use for a small vehicle like that. and its black!  :mooning: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear things are working out for you. Estates can get real messy and complicated.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It was pretty cut and dried. And it's only my brother and I and we've really had no issues.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
got a text from my brother yesterday.......ever since he did some google search on moms car several dealerships have been relentless after him. worst one seems to be Ryan's from Monticello. he finally told them $12,400.00 final offer hoping it puts an end to it.

i did that once when i was looking.......never again............they just dont leave you alone!!!! for me it was gillelands in st cloud!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Those used car salesmen go on to become Gopher football coaches... :whistling: :coffee:
« Last Edit: September 09/26/23, 10:38:14 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Those used car salesmen go on to become Gopher football coaches... :whistling: :coffee:
...just sayin'

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
for sure!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :crazy: :pouty: i need to chill out but this probate stuff is strange. the hearing was last friday, my brother had to call the attorney today to see what the hello was happening. so, we are good with the auction service, lawyer needs to send him some forms to set up an "estate account" all money not yet distributed needs to go to that account, the sale of the house, and auction needs to go in there until "everything is settled"?? whatever that means!

the realtor needs to send the lawyer paperwork for the house sale...........just seems like running up the lawyer bill to me!!!!!

i dont remember all this when my inlaws passed away, but i wasnt that involved!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 We kept Mom's out of probate by having a TODD, or Transfer On Death Deed, drawn up long before anything happened.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That's smart gunner! I thought everything was in a trust Glenn,  or was that just the cabin?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's smart gunner! I thought everything was in a trust Glenn,  or was that just the cabin?
just the cabin.

never heard of that Gunner???????

in talking to my brother after the fact, he seems to think it wont take much to get things settled.......just some time. he expects to have it down by years end including the new estate account. guess its a matter of doting the I's and crossing the T's!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
As long as there was just the 3 of us & we were in agreement on what should happen the lawyer told us that was the way to go. The total amount that the estate was worth had to be under a certain amount too.  :scratch: I think we were told that was $1.5 million.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
That's what the attorney told us regarding taxes, particularly inheritance tax.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
We kept Mom's out of probate by having a TODD, or Transfer On Death Deed, drawn up long before anything happened.

I need to look into that for myself...   thanks!!!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Our neighbor across the street passed away recently.  When she did her estate planning, the attorney talked her into writing a will instead of putting everything into a trust and/or use a TODD.  Her survivors found out - despite having a will - they still need to go thru probate court.  Effective trust planning can avoid that.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
like i posted earlier, i've never hear about this TODD thing before....something to think about for sure!!!!!

even our attorney said moms stuff was pretty cut and dried, but with the will the probate process is to make sure any estate doesnt have someone coming back and sayin they owed them a bunch of money.

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
This is a copy of a post I made a couple years ago. Short memories I suppose. My suggestion is to take action sooner than later because it's easy to put things off until too late.

The BBQ Shack, Wildlife recipes and Cooking / Re: Good Morning!!!!!!
« by deadeye on May 05/10/21, 09:46:36 AM »
......  at the land since Friday and see a few had questions regarding the three document everyone should  ............  add a little regarding POA's. A POA can be for one financial thing (closing maybe) all financial  ............  or something like your health care. If you do one make sure it covers all that you want. A POA  ............  a "durable" clause automatically is no longer in effect if the person who granted it becomes  ............ , no public notices. Note: a normal trust will contain a will and a pour over will which moves  ............  up successor trusts for all who stand to receive money or property. This protects this inherited  ............ 's etc as the pass to the designated beneficiary upon death of the account holder.   One thing that  ............  mentioning because it also avoids the dreaded "Probate"  ............  a simple "Transfer on Death Deed" or "Beneficiary Deed". This is a  ............  two page document available on line which you simple list the property (your  ............  for doing this. This avoids probate and the person or persons listed on this recorded document  ............  as to how things get divided etc. No need for a "Transfer on Death Deed" for my house as it's owned by the  ............ . Anyone who owns a house should make that a very STRONG  ............  into, prepare and record a "BENEFICARY OR TOD DEED" as soon as possible. This can be revoked or  ............  and will save your heirs untold time, effort and money when the time comes.  Let me know if anyone  ............  has recorded a TOD or Beneficiary Deed or even heard or read about it.  ......
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Short memory is right!! :confused: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The wife and I have done nothing to prepare.  We talk about it but have done nothing. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
But do you 2 have kids lps? I don't recall you talking much about any.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
My wife has 2 adult kids from a previous marriage.  1 grandson who comes to stay with us a couple of times a year.  Great kid.  I have a Godson who is adult now.   Need to get things on paper just in case something happens to one or both of us. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
That is something we should do also. Not getting any younger.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
talked to my brother yesterday, things are moving fast. looks like by Oct 6 th it'll be a done deal. auctioneer is coming Tuesday and we need to turn in moms house keys by that 6th date.

going up to put moms car on the lot for sale this morning.  after talking to him..........it really hit me. in 2 weeks we wont ever be able to go back into the house where we both grew up. it'll hit me harder next week i'd assume!!!!!! :pouty:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I reckon it will, and I ain't got no words that will make those feelings go away.  You just have to have them and try to let them fade as they will.