Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2022 gardens  (Read 51785 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
eggs too!!! 
:scratch: Buttered noodles? :confused:                  :sleazy: :nerd: :evil:                  ;) :laugh: :laugh:

I don't eat buttered noodles...  but chives would help if I had too!!!    :rotflmao:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :mooning: :mooning: :pouty: i used to plant and grow all kinds of those spices but they just kept coming. i dont use them enough and they got old so i dug them up and got rid of them!!!!! i'd dry them too. now just but the small bottles when i need some!!!!!

heck i used to even grow my own garlic!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
some times when I have scrambled eggs I'll fold in some cottage cheese with chives...  very tasty!!!   

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Yesterday's rain finally brought them around, at least one anyway. I see by the time stamp the jonquils were flowering here about 2 weeks sooner last year.  :pouty:

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: I looked at my garden notes from last year!!! On the 4th of April last year the G man tilled my garden. :doofus: :rotflmao:

2 days later I put fertilizer on the lawn
« Last Edit: April 04/16/22, 11:58:19 AM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that is a big difference.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We had our dock in on 4/6 last year & it might be 5/6 this year. :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i'm pretty much ready for the garden and lawn stuff once it warms up!!!!! :doah: :confused: yesterday picked up 75 lbs of 10-10-10 fertilizer and a bag of cow manure!!!!! cow poo is for the garden 10-10-10 is for the lawn, and asparugus i gotz some grass seed to put down to!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Last year my early March planted radishes were rollin'. Looked at the garden this a.m. Just a little too frozen.  :pouty:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Question for anyone who has one, do these lawn sweeper dealies work on anything other than leaves? Reason I ask, the backyard is covered with hundreds of sticks 6" - 12" long & thousands of small spruce cones. I hate raking but rather than have the mower turn the sticks into small weapons fire on the vinyl siding, I still do it. I see them on sale & occasionally on CL, etc. Just wondering if they're worth it.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Dotch, personally I would never own one based on my experience with them. My grandparents had one, and of I recall thru didn't pick sticks up worth a crap.

Not a fan either of having a lawnmower fire stuff at the side of the house so I make enough passes where it shoots the stuff away from the house till I know where it won't.

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Bought one last year, because we got tired of raking pine needles and cones. We had a bumper crop of cones last year. We had to mess around with the height to get it to pick up well. Once we figured that out, it did a pretty good job of picking up. The biggest problem is dumping it. There’s a rod that, in theory, you pull and it tips the hopper, but with all of the loose stuff in there it doesn’t make it easy to unload. If you try unloading multiple loads in the same area, the tractor needs to drive over the pile, or you can try backing up to the previous pile, but you sort of get tangled up in all of the previously dumped stuff. Works best to get it loads close to a burn area and then feed it slowly to the fire.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
found this Dotch;

The Best Lawn Sweeper for Sticks: Maintain A Neat Lawn All ...https://gardensquared.com › best-lawn-sweeper-for-sticks
1. Agri-Fab 45-0492 44 Inches Lawn Sweeper · 2. Agri-Fab 45-0218 26-Inch Push Lawn Sweeper · 3. Ohio Steel 42swp22 42 Inches Sweeper · 4. Agri-Fab 45-0320 42-Inch ...
‎1. Agri-Fab 45-0492 44... · ‎2. Agri-Fab 45-0218 26-Inch... · ‎3. Ohio Steel 42swp22 42...
People also ask
Will a lawn sweeper pick up small sticks?
Note, lawn sweepers are not meant to clean up large branches and rocks, so be sure to pick those up by hand before going over your lawn with a sweeper. The Agri-Fab lawn sweeper, mentioned above, is the best lawn sweeper for small sticks and twigs as well as other lawn debris.Jul 26, 2019

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Added some square footage to the raised bed....
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
HD are those 10 or 12 inch sides?? 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
found this Dotch;

The Best Lawn Sweeper for Sticks: Maintain A Neat Lawn All ...https://gardensquared.com › best-lawn-sweeper-for-sticks
1. Agri-Fab 45-0492 44 Inches Lawn Sweeper · 2. Agri-Fab 45-0218 26-Inch Push Lawn Sweeper · 3. Ohio Steel 42swp22 42 Inches Sweeper · 4. Agri-Fab 45-0320 42-Inch ...
‎1. Agri-Fab 45-0492 44... · ‎2. Agri-Fab 45-0218 26-Inch... · ‎3. Ohio Steel 42swp22 42...
People also ask
Note, lawn sweepers are not meant to clean up large branches and rocks, so be sure to pick those up by hand before going over your lawn with a sweeper. The Agri-Fab lawn sweeper, mentioned above, is the best lawn sweeper for small sticks and twigs as well as other lawn debris.Jul 26, 2019

Good info mikey. Thanks! :happy1: FF has the orange one on sale for $299 & the black pull-type one for $259. I could see using it to harvest pine cones for the Mrs. to decorate with too. No style points for picking them up by hand!  :cool:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
I’ve got the orange 44” one. It was about $300.00.
Caution:  It will also pick up dog turds.
« Last Edit: April 04/17/22, 04:06:32 PM by fishwidow »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
found this Dotch;

People also ask

Good info mikey. Thanks! :happy1: FF has the orange one on sale for $299 & the black pull-type one for $259. I could see using it to harvest pine cones for the Mrs. to decorate with too. No style points for picking them up by hand!  :cool:
what kind of pine cones does she use, I could mail ya some!!! :rotflmao:

I could pick bushel baskets of them up north!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
White pine cones are prized as are mugho's. I was thinking with all the nice things I've mailed you, you'd feel obligated to come down & rake my yard, what with being retired & all!  :rotflmao:

Good to know FW. Is there a Corgi terd setting?  :scratch:
« Last Edit: April 04/17/22, 04:24:18 PM by Dotch »

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
HD are those 10 or 12 inch sides??
1x10 cedar
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Quote from: Dotch link=topic=41558.msg405905#msg405905 date

Good to know FW. Is there a Corgi terd setting?  :scratch:
[/quote

I bet there is. I stopped looking after I got it locked in on Gordon Setters and Cockers.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got an inventory list from my brother on the tomato plants he started from seed and I'll be getting.
4 lucky tiger
Campori.... Anyone had them... There really tasty, a smaller meaty eating tomato, kinda spendy in stores.

Some best boy and beefsteak I guess I gotta arm wrestle with mom over!!! :sleazy:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
You cant let yur poor mom have tomatoes.....man ...and the to arm wreastle her......
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
You cant let yur poor mom have tomatoes.....man ...and the to arm wreastle her......
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
It would be the first year he could beat her

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
She probably lets him win.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: hey it's a cold cruel world out there!! :confused: :sleazy:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Glenn.....I have grown Compari Tomatoes. They are what you commonly see in the stores called "on the vine" tomatoes. Come in clusters. They are not great for making sauces because they are very juicy and sweet. BUT that makes them great for eating out of hand.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree Ken!!! My brother buys them after he eats all his grown ones, they even taste almost fresh off the vine!!

Those lucky tigers are even better  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
It would be the first year he could beat her
:rotflmao: ha  :tut: in all reality, brother brought them to her out at our stepdads place and she'll bring them back here next time she comes home, so....  :pouty: I'll get what they don't want. Except the lucky tigers. . Dem mine!;