Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 184772 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
chart looks like it be similar to the vikings and chiefs!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:sorry: I'm :offtopic:, but maybe one of the Vikings needs to start dating a Kardashian to turn the team's season around.   :bonk:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
chart looks like it be similar to the vikings and chiefs!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:sorry: I'm :offtopic:, but maybe one of the Vikings needs to start dating a Kardashian to turn the team's season around.   :bonk:
:puke: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so...........i'm turning on the twinkies!!!!!!!! :smoking: :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Byron Buxton activated now. :happy1:

Replaced Kiriloff.
« Last Edit: October 10/11/23, 06:51:59 PM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm watching NCIS so the twins best do something. :confused:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
It's a re-run Glenn...they catch the bad guy.   ;)
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: Yea but it's taking 2 episodes to do so! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :doah:                     ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Well the season is over. Nice while it lasted. Done watching baseball till next season.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Only 3 hits & 2 BB & that makes scoring many runs kind of tough. :rolleyes: Thielbar's FB to Abreu was up 2-3" & inside 3-4" from where he wanted it & that's all it took. :pouty: Abreu has always been a PITA for the Twins anyway, especially in his Chi-Sox days. Heard the booth say 40,994 there yday & think they said 41,000 on Tuesday. Capacity is 38,544. :cool:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Well the season is over. Nice while it lasted. Done watching baseball till next season.
:happy1:  :cool: Yeah, still a fun season. :scratch: Think I'll be pulling for Bochy & the Rangers, Astros have been there enough lately. :rolleyes:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll still keep watching the playoffs.  I don't know if I like playoff baseball or playoff hockey better.  They are both great.  Probably baseball as I'm more apt to watch and enjoy games between two random teams. 

Season redux:  Even after they started hitting after the all star break, they had WAY too many 12, 13, 14 strikeout games.  I hope they find a hitting coach next year who can figure out how to put a stop to that. 

If Sonny Gray is gone, too bad for him he had to go out on a sour note.  No one will live with "4 runs in the first" longer than he will.

I feel a little bad for Ryan getting yanked so quick last night.  But the bull pen did their job and you'd like to think that Ryan might also have been available for an all-hands-on-deck game 5.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Quit paying these guys to hit .200 with 30 homeruns and the swing & miss will go away

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
  :scratch: What about the Phillies DH? He had 215 SO's & a .197 BA, but he also scored 104 runs & had 108 RBI's. So, did he have a bad year? :confused: https://www.espn.com/mlb/player/_/id/33712
« Last Edit: October 10/13/23, 05:08:03 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: What about the Phillies DH? He had 215 SO's & a .197 BA, but he also scored 104 runs & had 108 RBI's. So, did he have a bad year?  :confused: https://www.espn.com/mlb/player/_/id/33712

If he had 104 runs and 108 RBIs, he had hitters get on base in front of him, and hitters hitting after him in the order.  His strikeouts might have been high, but it looks like he was surrounded by hitters that didn't strike out.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
He did have 47 HR's but their lineup is loaded, they hit .256 as a team for the regular season which was good for a tie for 9th in all of MLB. But they did have 1481 strikeouts which is only about 1 less per game than the Twin's league leading 1654. :confused:
« Last Edit: October 10/13/23, 05:17:05 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Bottom line for the Twinks is that their clutch hitting left them.  Even if you make outs, you gotta at least put the ball in play - put pressure on the defense, force errors, get sacrifices, try to manufacture runs.  Strikes outs gain nothing.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Buxton had knee surgery yday & is expected to be ready for Spring Training. Kirilloff is scheduled to have surgery on his right shoulder on 10/24 too.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Good to see them both getting the surgery now rather than 2 weeks before spring training like some do. Now lets get the Latin guys to get their visa's taken care of so they make camp on time.

Buxton will need to move to a corner outfield position to save on his legs which are a problem now. That or he will end up being a full time DH.

Kirilloff concerns me in that when healthy he can be one of their top 3 hitters but he is getting a reputation of being injury prone which is not good. I like the kid and would love to see what he can do with a injury free season and 600 at bats.

I think Houston blows Texas away in 5. Arizona is on one of those weird baseball runs like the Twins had in '87, I still think Philly wins but who knows.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Kind of hopin for a Rangers/D'backs WS, myself.  :scratch:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I get it.............the Astro's are still all these years later cheaters. But the Rangers are trying to buy their way into the annual play-off thing. That only increases the cost for all fans making it a middle to upper class sports. Bochy I like, the rest I don't find very interesting but thats just me.

Arizona I keep waiting for to get steamrolled, but it hasn't happened yet.

I like watching the progress Bryce Harper has made every year as a player. He is near the top of his game and the Phillies are rolling.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The Rangers have a rookie in CF that's been looking really good on both sides of the ball. Only 23 games & 75 AB's so it's a very small sample, but he looks like he could be a 5-tool guy to me. I've never been a Harper fan & that's 1 reason why it's easy to root against the Phillies, along with the fact that their fans are just about as nasty as the Eagles IMO. :rolleyes:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
You get East of Kentucky & Tennessee and assholes are abundant, it's not just Philly fans. Some of the rudest, self centered, loudmouth jerks i've ever met were from New York.

Aside from that, the Philly dynamic with Harper, Turner, Nola and Wheeler make watching Philly fun for me.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Was out that way, Baltimore, a long time ago & didn't care for it then. :thumbs: I'd bet it hasn't got any better.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't think I would go to an Eagles Vikes game even if I had free tickets. 

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That was Verlander's 1st Game 1 loss since 2012. :bow: AL @ 3:37 on Fox & FS1, NL @7:07 on TBS. :cheerleader:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
But the pitching was just a little bit better by the Rangers.

Funny how Verlander's start was similar to the start with the Twins...  He had traffic on the bases early again, but the difference for the Twins was they couldn't capitalize. 

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I pretty much feel the same way about the Astros now as I used to feel about the Braves...

Still, I was kinda pulling for Verlander.  He is two wins behind Andy Pettitte at 19 and two ahead of John Smoltz.

It would have been fun to see a Verlander-Scherzer matchup.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: The bottom of the Ranger's lineup was just a little bit better too. Kind of a fan of the guy, Carter, that scored the 1st run. :cool:
« Last Edit: October 10/16/23, 01:07:21 PM by Gunner55 »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
The thing about the Twins' playoff run this year is (was :pouty:) that they were who they were all year.

They had good pitching, but the starters were often prone to having one bad inning per start.

And although they hit better in the 2nd half, they still struggled to get clutch hitting.  Even in that good hitting stretch, the big hit seemed to come from someone different every night.  No one really got and stayed consistently hot with only Kepler hitting above .300 after the break at .306.  And once the playoffs started, only Correa and Julien showed up - with some timely power from Lewis!   :happy1:

In the immortal words of now immortal Denny Green:  "They are who we thought they were."