Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 140456 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Kind of curious to see what the middle of the lineup looks like today. Your right, dutchy, they have Shawn Dubin listed as the starter/opener & he's a bullpen guy.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :taz: They almost came back & tied it, GD right fielder!!  ;) :smiley:   Ryan @ 1:00 today. :cheerleader:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Yep the final looked like a tight game at 12-11 but the Astro's were in control from the jump. Twins managed to get in front at one point 5-3 but then things caved in. If not for Correa's grand slam in the 9th it looks ugly.

I'm afraid that might have been the one to win this weekend. We will see what Ryan can do with them. Unbelievable how hot Miranda is right now.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Miranda set a Twins record yesterday. 4 for 4.

Now has hits in 10 consecutive at bats.

Lopez not getting the job done. ERA over 5

Time to trade Keplar for pitching.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
What pitcher can you get for Kepler? Kepler alone doesn't bring you enough value. You need to toss in more if you want to get something better than a #5 starter.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Ryan was good today. They win 9-3, Buxton & Lee homer. Miranda's streak ends at 12 plus he got hit by a pitch. Twins in turn hit Alverez who had to leave the game. Altuva did not play after being hit last night.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Miranda tied record set 72 years ago. Flied out the next at bat.
 :happy1: :happy1:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 I agree on Kepler, besides he's started to hit again. Going 8/21 in 6 games in the last week. Provus mentioned Stewart maybe being back after the ASG again yday & I see he threw 20 pitches to live hitters before Friday night's game. Topa isn't that far along on his rehab, but Rocco said he expects Paddack to able to start the 1st game of the series with WSox on Monday. :happy1:
« Last Edit: July 07/07/24, 06:09:11 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Woods Richardson @ 1:10 today. Nice crowd yday.............31,431.  :cheerleader:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The 1st couple innings were a bit rough, but SWR was really good after that. He's had 15 starts & the Twins have won 11 of those games. :happy1: :cool: Good game by Vasquez too, until he got to 1st base.  :rolleyes: Correa said after the game that he expects to be in the lineup for today's game which starts at 7. They still haven't made it official that Paddack will start, however.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Very happy they were able to win 2 of 3 against the Astro's.

Correa named an All Star.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't believe they have the 4th best record in the American League and only have 1 all star. :confused: :confused:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Is that because of there schedule Ken ? If they played more team's from the east they'd be toast,  Baltimore,  Yanks, Cleveland...they struggle.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Everyone struggles against those three.....they are the 3 ahead of the Twins with the best records.

The problem is that every team has to have a representative. So you have the White Sox 40 games under 500 and they have to have someone.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't believe they have the 4th best record in the American League and only have 1 all star. :confused: :confused:
Bless those plucky lads for that, but they are still 5.5 back.  And i think the reason for that is because so many players had slow starts or prolonged slumps or just flat out never got going.  Lewis would have been a shoe in, if not 4 his injury,

I'm curious ( because I'm not following so close this year ) but who else is really deserving over someone else who made it?

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Nobody. Correa is the only hitting and playing defense. The rest are just good players, not all stars.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Took 11 innings but the Twins win 8-6.

Larnach, Correa, Wallner homeruns.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Nobody. Correa is the only hitting and playing defense. The rest are just good players, not all stars.
If I had to pick another Twin's player for the ASG.................I would probably say Willi as he's having a career year. :cool: The kid goes 2/5 & has 2 more RBI's, that's hits in the 1st 5 games of his MLB career. He's hitting .458, with 1 HR, 8 RBIs, & an OPS of 1.087. Ober goes tonight...........same time.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh, almost forgot................................Detroit beats Cleveland 1-0, down to 5 games. :cheerleader:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Rained out. Playing 2 today.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Beat me to it, db. Yeah, it's Ober @ 1 & the 2nd game is set for 4 with Lopez taking the mound.

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Any of y'all catch Marney Gellner on the TV call last night?  What didja think?

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm not allowed to watch the Twins on TV. I can promise I would rather have her on the radio than whats there now, I'm sure Gladden would also.

Twins split the dbl. header. Lost the opener 3-1 came back in the second game and won 3-2. Onto the West Coast with a day off tomorrow.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Any of y'all catch Marney Gellner on the TV call last night?  What didja think?
  :scratch: Kind of different to hear a women call a Twins game & I wasn't so sure in the beginning. But by the end of the game, I started to like it. I see she's done some Spring Training games on the radio back in 2019. Kind of sounds like she was "livin the dream" to me. :cool: https://sports.yahoo.com/marney-gellner-makes-history-first-233500746.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall
« Last Edit: July 07/11/24, 05:31:27 AM by Gunner55 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ryan goes in a late game @ 9 tomorrow, SWR goes on Saturday @ 6 in a game covered by FOX, & Paddack is scheduled for Sunday's game @3.  :cheerleader:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good for Marney.  I thought she was better as the game went on too.  SW MN girl I think.  She has paid her dues.  Hope it works out for her.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Nope......Marney is from Minot, ND. She played BB and VB against my daughter back in the 90's. My daughter was ND Miss Volleyball when she was a senior. 4 year starter at Moorhead State.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Twins are now 13 games over .500
Pretty good improvement since their 7-16 season start. Amazing what good things can happen when you put the bat on the ball.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
CHICAGO — Marney Gellner may not have achieved her lifelong goal yet — becoming a cast member on “Saturday Night Live” — but if you had told a young Gellner growing up in Minot, North Dakota, that one day she would be announcing her favorite baseball team’s games, well, she probably wouldn’t have believed you.

Gellner has vivid memories of hopping in the family’s Chevy Impala and driving from Minot to the Twin Cities to catch games at the Metrodome.
She has recently gone through a battle with breast cancer too, I believe.  :Clap:
« Last Edit: July 07/11/24, 07:48:31 AM by Gunner55 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I stand corrected. :sleazy: