Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Onto total knee replacement  (Read 4873 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

This thread sure deteriorated in a hurry  :coffee:
:rotflmao: yep went right into the crapper...  Thanks kettle!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

This thread sure deteriorated in a hurry  :coffee:
:rotflmao: yep went right into the crapper...  Thanks kettle!! :sleazy: :rotflmao:
sure blame the good Dr!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
At least once a month someone comes into the ER within a week of post surgery perseverating over their bowel movements. Heck people come to the ER if they miss a day. I tell people they should get healthy hobbies to occupy their mind. Apparently for a large portion of society over 75 they track them, any abnormalities they decide they need to come see me at 0200 in the morning

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
At least once a month someone comes into the ER within a week of post surgery perseverating over their bowel movements. Heck people come to the ER if they miss a day. I tell people they should get healthy hobbies to occupy their mind. Apparently for a large portion of society over 75 they track them, any abnormalities they decide they need to come see me at 0200 in the morning

ouch not me!!! 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet you get a lot of senseless visitors in the ER that could of been dealt with at a doctor's office during normal business hours.

I've had more conversations during negotiations over health insurance that I care to hear about regarding that!;

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • 2013 MNO Fishing Challenge Champ!
I have a question for you kettle.  Surgery is on Monday the 20 of March.   What are the chances I'm able to go to the MDHA banquet on that Saturday the 25?  No standing just walking and sitting.
Anything that is free is worth saving up for.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Just from my experience.....You may be able to get to something like that using a walker. You will be on pain killers and it will be swollen. I was on acetaminophen and Ibuprophen. 10 a day for a couple weeks. Sitting will be difficult.

I couldn't ride in a car for more that 20 miles or so for awhile. Starting out sitting in the back seat with my leg up on the seat. Now everyone is different. Just my experience.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Just from my experience.....You may be able to get to something like that using a walker. You will be on pain killers and it will be swollen. I was on acetaminophen and Ibuprophen. 10 a day for a couple weeks. Sitting will be difficult.

I couldn't ride in a car for more that 20 miles or so for awhile. Starting out sitting in the back seat with my leg up on the seat. Now everyone is different. Just my experience.

Ugh.   

Thanks Ken W

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
I have a question for you kettle.  Surgery is on Monday the 20 of March.   What are the chances I'm able to go to the MDHA banquet on that Saturday the 25?  No standing just walking and sitting.
You could go, you'll be in some discomfort and you'll hurt the next day but it's doable. Definitely talk with your surgery team about how much Tylenol and Advil you van take and even if you don't have pain stay up on taking it for a week or two. You don't want to get behind and then have severe pain. Might need a walker, cane or crutches tho

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman

[/quote]I bet you get a lot of senseless visitors in the ER that could of been dealt with at a doctor's office during normal business hours.

I've had more conversations during negotiations over health insurance that I care to hear about regarding that!;
[/quote]
The general public has zero idea, yes I do obviously deal with emergencies but a lot of it could be dealt with in clinic. It's always the middle of the night for simple or odd stuff. I work really small hospitals throughout the state like 2-4 bed ERs so my shifts are 48-72 hours, there's sleep rooms but it gets old getting woke up for a cough. Getting woke up for life threatening issues I have no problem with. Besides swinging a hammer I don't know much about anything outside of medicine

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I've seen pictures, I think you can hunt and fish a little. :rotflmao:

Maybe take boar once in a while so he learns maybe!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Still not back to work yet.  Pain was really bad.  Had a cortisone shot.  Knee pain went away for 8 whole days.  Did the physical therapy.   Made it much worse.  Then I did the 3 rooster comb infections paired with an unloader knee brace.Worked for about a week..    Hurts the same as it did months ago.  Workers comp insurance finally approved me for total knee replacement.  Soonest date I could get was March 20th.
Wife has had both done.    They are great innovation

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman

I'll take anyone fishing, all they have to do is ask. Especially open water. Open water I typically fish 12-16 days a month.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

I'll take anyone fishing, all they have to do is ask. Especially open water. Open water I typically fish 12-16 days a month.
:happy1: :happy1: some day i may just take you up on that offer!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
like  What area do you fish Kettle?

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
Anywhere within an hour of Grand Rapids, so many lakes, don't need to go far

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Anywhere within an hour of Grand Rapids, so many lakes, don't need to go far
ever fish on pokegema??

Offline Kettle

• Outdoorsman
I do for walleye, have a few times this winter and I do a little in the spring but it's a busy lake so I only go out there during the week

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Surgery went well.  Dr said it was textbook with no surprises.  No pain yet.  It will start coming tomorrow when nerve block starts wearing off.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Good to hear dk and best of luck!  :happy1:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck DK, those blocks work wonders. You'll be back in no time!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck bud. Therapy therapy therapy!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
good to hear and good luck dakids!!!!!   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Great to hear DK!! Physical therapy will be the key to healing.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline dakids

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Already did my 1st physical therapy.   Walking the halls every hour.  This is what the inside looks like.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: i've seen that setup a few times myself.......... couple hip ones too!!!!!!! :shocked:

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Heres my hip. Still feel it but im 99% better. Listen to the dr. And do yur exerxiaes.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"