Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 130778 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good thing you have a nice tractor to get you in and out Roony. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see a dark cloud coming from the west.  We may get a shot of rain too. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Another 1.6" in the gauge this morning. This is getting old.
i'll bet!!!! :scratch: from 1 extreme to another from last year!!!!!!!

havent looked yet this morning. i know it rained here not sure how much. we had fog early so not sure with the deck being wet if it was rain or the fog.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I see a dark cloud coming from the west.  We may get a shot of rain too.
10 to 8 and starting to rain here.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
2.17" at the ranch the past 24 hrs. 2.47" by Owatonna. Lotsa reports in that range locally. It rained hard late yesterday afternoon, was about an inch last nite at choretime. Must've kept at it overnite occasionally. A 40% chance of rain today and it feels like it. Sure wouldn't take much to generate a shower as juiced as the atmosphere is here right now. Have never seen the vegetation any lusher or greener than it is.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
2.17" at the ranch the past 24 hrs. 2.47" by Owatonna. Lotsa reports in that range locally. It rained hard late yesterday afternoon, was about an inch last nite at choretime. Must've kept at it overnite occasionally. A 40% chance of rain today and it feels like it. Sure wouldn't take much to generate a shower as juiced as the atmosphere is here right now. Have never seen the vegetation any lusher or greener than it is.
same here Dotch...... everything is so nice and green! :happy1:

i'm actually really surprised my lawn came back as well as it did from the scorching it took last year!!!!!!! i've already cut the lawn more this year then all of last year!!! :confused: but i dont mind!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Raining here.  Won't last long but got everything good and wet.  Darn now I will have to wait longer to mow.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Right. Blue sky is coming now.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Got the rain gauge reading from Bugtussle.  3.3" there. No spraying today, kids. :coffee:

Looks like some scattered showers on the radar again, heading towards roony's of all places. Should help the mosquitoes going. They can spread West Nile virus to his wren population to keep them in check. Speaking of that, there's one mosquito in here. Can't see it but can sure hear the  :mad1: 
« Last Edit: June 06/01/24, 10:21:41 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Every so many years I see the SE part of the state gets wailed on with rain and warshes out the roads, bridges etc.  Maybe that is further SE of you.  Hope you don't get much more rain.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I grew up in SE MN & ya, it's a different animal. There's enough relief in that area that once the water gets rolling it can wipe out just about anything it feels like. There can be some of that in SC MN but it tends to be flatter so the water ponds instead. That's why they call it prairie pothole country. Used to be some of the best duck and mosquito habitat in North America.

Back on SE MN, I remember driving over there from Bugtussle to visit Mom one time. Forgot to roll the driver's side window up on my Chevy Luv. This was back before the days of cell phones and instant access to radar. It poured for ~ 2 hours. When it was over there was > 4" in the gauge. Even tho I put a garbage bag on the cloth seat for the ride home, I still got a wet @$$ out of the deal, at least the part of it my wife wasn't chewing. The pickup really reeked after that. About a week later, I was crossing Boot Creek west of Bugtussle with a farmer in the Luv to get to his field on the other side. He assured me the water shouldn't be deep enough to be a concern. Wrong. It splashed up inside the engine compartment, got it wet and it stopped midstream. When we opened the doors to get out, the water ran through the pickup! Still remember seeing one of my sneakers floating down the creek. I just thought the Luv stunk inside before! 
« Last Edit: June 06/01/24, 10:41:42 AM by Dotch »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Unreal.  Hope you don't see that again.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
3.3" wowser. That is a lot of water any time but especially o n fully saturated soil. Been seeing a lot of bad soil erosion this spring. I'm liking the cover crop on our family farm this year to prevent that.
Oh yeah, raining again here.
« Last Edit: June 06/01/24, 10:48:51 AM by roony »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ran into some showers between Hope & Ellendale before noon. See it rained a little at home when I got back. Nice it freshened things up a little... :coffee:
« Last Edit: June 06/01/24, 12:31:37 PM by Dotch »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
If I hear one more effing weather terrorist say we have beneficial rain on the way I may be tempted to slap some sense into him.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
If I hear one more effing weather terrorist say we have beneficial rain on the way I may be tempted to slap some sense into him.

so now tell us how you really feel...    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I hear ya!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
'zactly roony. When farmers started out back in April, so many of them were convinced subsoils were really dry. Still a lot of them in disbelief that the ground became saturated so quickly & their drainage systems can't keep up.

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
3.3" wowser. That is a lot of water any time but especially o n fully saturated soil. Been seeing a lot of bad soil erosion this spring. I'm liking the cover crop on our family farm this year to prevent that.
Oh yeah, raining again here.

Rooney you sure you don't have a neighbor sneaking over and pranking you? You know, dumping an extra 1 1/2"  in your rain gauge every time it sprinkles down there?   :pouty:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Come on down. We can go for a walk and see if it really is muddy.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lite rain here....   :pouty:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
not sure what we have so far, but we have gotten some heavy down pours a couple times... 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Well that was par for the course. After chores, I found an ounce of Milestone in a jug I didn't know I had. Decided I was going to spray some thistle & nettle patches with the hand sprayer in the main lot. After that my plan was to fire up the lawnmower. Just about the time I got most of the tank sprayed out, it started to sprinkle. Then it rained. Probably washed most of it off. Rain ended my mowing plans too. :sad:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
another inch of rain and misting yet...

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
.35" I'm the gauge this morning. I guess I'll call that a win considering the heavy rain that missed us.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Was s'posed to get some rain about 5 & again around 7 last night but it looked like it split & went around us. Some nasties out there around 2:30-3 this morning too but that stayed just south of us.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Another 1 1/4 inches here last night. Supposed to rain more tomorrow. Enough already.   :surrender: :surrender:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
No doubt roony, a moral victory at .32" at the ranch & .35" in Bugtussle. Might be a shower from Saturday in the latter total as the gauge wasn't read yesterday. Looks like I lucked out on the spraying I did before it rained the 1st time. Looking at the chemical label afterwards, the rainfast on Milestone is 2 hrs. and the dicamba formulation I was using is 4 hrs. I wasn't hopeful. Checked the gauge about 9:30 last nite and noted there was only .12" after the shower moved thru. When I looked at the Canada thistle and nettle patches this morning, they were all drooping. Yeesssss!!!!
« Last Edit: June 06/03/24, 09:54:33 AM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
2 3/4 here.............

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Just under 2” overnight