Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 115182 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Been snowing for hours but still not enough to cover the grass.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Warm enough here that the snow is pretty much history. Checked the rain gauge at about 3:45 pm, right at 1.35" of rain. We'll take it. Still spitting drizzle.
      Didn't get a chance to fire up the blower.

I wonder. Does Darth Vader have a sister named Ella? Bet she has her ups and downs.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just went out and grained Bucko.  We have mayhaps 2" but can still see the grass.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
If yer gonna run a blower down here in this latitude this winter tt, ya gotta be quick before it melts!  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just went out and grained Bucko.  We have mayhaps 2" but can still see the grass.
Comin down pretty good again here.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
i've come to the conclusion this is the most snow we had al  winter. got it cleaned up. deck was icy now wet!!!!! 
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
It's right at the freezing mark here this morning. All the snow is gone but it sounds like we might get a little as the temp cools today. Have a good one all.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
21 windy and still snowing... more drifts to clean up...   but not as bad as it could be I guess...   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
That fine stuff again here, but coming down pretty good now. Could keep it up most of the day again. :rolleyes:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea its snowing here to. maybe an inch overnight!!!! supposed to end today......Sue's worried about the roads......she has to see the neurologists in the cities tomorrow!!!!!!  :surrender:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Lots of purple in the west metro on 511 right now, idiots won't slow down.  :banghead:   
« Last Edit: March 03/26/24, 08:20:50 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Added up the totals so far with the recent precip. Since Saturday we're at 1.62" at the ranch, with a whopping 2.1" in Bugtussle. Nice to have the moisture and best of all, it only included 2" - 2.5" of snow. Virtually none of the precip ran off except from the streets in town. Supposed to pick up 1" - 3" of snow today as the temps fall into the low 20's by late afternoon. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jrasmussen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
yea its snowing here to. maybe an inch overnight!!!! supposed to end today......Sue's worried about the roads......she has to see the neurologists in the cities tomorrow!!!!!!  :surrender:

They should have it all cleaned up by then Glenn. Roads were a bit dicey this morning, heard of lots of cars in the ditches.  :crazy:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ventured out to the burn barrel & the new shed, that wind is nasty. Looks like ~ another 3" here, so that's 8" total & it not s'posed to stop until mid to late afternoon.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
snow is really slowing down now, not the wind... 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

They should have it all cleaned up by then Glenn. Roads were a bit dicey this morning, heard of lots of cars in the ditches.  :crazy:
:happy1: sje's thinkin of rescheduling......but hasnt done so yet....... :scratch: she HATES  driving on not so good roads.

but yea i would tendto agree with you. especially the freeways.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
can't blame her... 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
man the snow clouds move and it sure got bright outside..  no sun but brighter!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I fired up the little snow chucker when I got home, although the bigger one whoulda done a better job. It rained pretty good between 4 and 6 this morning,  went on lunch break at 8, came out and it was snowing like crazy which didn't stop until I came home. After all the rain and temps dropping the pick em up was like an ice cube covered in snow this afternoon.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Still coming down here, kind of light though. :scratch: Must've gotten another inch...........or 2 since this morning. :confused:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
some blue skies now

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
We had another 2 1/2" since I was out yday morning, so that's 3 1/2" yday, on top of the 5" we moved on Monday & the 3" overnight Monday. So, the total will be close to 12" by the time it wraps up today. :snow3:    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We had another 2 1/2" since I was out yday morning, so that's 3 1/2" yday, on top of the 5" we moved on Monday & the 3" overnight Monday. So, the total will be close to 12" by the time it wraps up today. :snow3:    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:bonk: :bonk: dang it.........i'm getting antzy to get back up there.....but not with all the snow...........not for what i want to do!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
18 here this morning. We should top out at 26. Might see some sun today.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:bonk: :bonk: dang it.........i'm getting antzy to get back up there.....but not with all the snow...........not for what i want to do!!
:pouty: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :tut:    But the lakes really need it. :sleazy:  :evil:       ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:pouty: :violin: :violin: :cry: :cry: :tut:    But the lakes really need it. :sleazy:  :evil:       ;) :rolleyes: :smiley:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :mooning: :mooning: no arguement there......but........i got things to do!!!! especially since your headed back south!!!!! :mooning: :rolleyes: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: :confused: so this 12 inches your thinkin you got , is that like the 12 inches you tell the Inger girls you got???? :rotflmao:
looking at the narrows cam one would think with that much snow they would of plowed or cleaned up some......dont look like that much there??? :scratch: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: If I used the tape measure you use on your :fish2: it would be more like 18"!! :nerd: :mooning:   ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao: Don't believe me, come on up & find out for yourself.  :doah:
« Last Edit: March 03/27/24, 09:06:36 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: If I used the tape measure you use on your :fish2: it would be more like 18"!! :nerd: :mooning:  ;) :laugh: :laugh: Don't believe me, come on up & find out for yourself. :doah:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
LOLOL  That was pretty good.  I see we will see sun tomorrow too.   :happy1: :happy1:  The slush on the river is a strange color.  Kind of orangish yellowish.