Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 135900 times)

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Nothing in Baxter the last couple days. I’ve got new grass this year, so I need the rain.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Dead calm in Marcell area. Skeeter are fierce!
I heard between 2 and 2.5 inches around home.
dang Roony........you where pretty close.. cabin is 11 miles west of Marcell!!!!! and Gunner isnt much farther!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We are on Smith Lake right across 38 from North Star. So far its been bass, smallies, and bluegill. Haven't got serious yet, having a few and playing cribbage. Between one thing and another we haven't been up this way for 7 years. With my three sons and their families.
« Last Edit: June 06/16/24, 05:15:18 PM by roony »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
We are on Smith Lake right across 38 from North Star. So far its been bass, smallies, and bluegill. Haven't got serious yet, having a few and playing cribbage. Between one thing and another we haven't been up this way for 7 years. With my three sons and their families.
:happy1: :happy1: i know exactly where that is!!!!

isnt there a little smith right there???? think back in my younger days i was on one of them!!!!! :scratch:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Great area, have a buddy on Northstar.  Lots of grouse excursions over the years that away.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Great area, have a buddy on Northstar.  Lots of grouse excursions over the years that away.
heard that lake is a tough cookie to fish.....good sized fish if you can find them.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Been hearing the grouse. There is Smith, west Smith, little Smith, and east Smith. I don't know who this Smith was.

Online fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman

heard that lake is a tough cookie to fish.....good sized fish if you can find them.
There are some big fish in Northstar.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
flash flood watch for a whole bunch of the state...  3 to 7 inches maybe the next 48 hours...   yikes!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: S'posed to start here ~ 10 tonight & go all day tomorrow. Locally 3+" possible. :confused:
« Last Edit: June 06/17/24, 07:15:28 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Only lite sprinkles presently, with the likelihood that rain decreases for the rest of the day so that's a plus. .68" at the ranch and .83" in Bugtussle the past 24 hrs. Still rain every day in the forecast yet altho the Sunday forecast when we're planning on going to the BTT50's car show looks promising. Mostly sunny with a 20% chance of rain & a high in the upper 70's. We shall see... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Must be a swamp by you now Dotch.  It is sunny here and only 67 yet.  The rains have just barely been hitting us lately.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Ya there's lotsa standing water around. Guys are getting frustrated. Been numerous therapy sessions today. Should've been a shrink.  :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      As of 11:00, 1.25" of rain. Still raining.
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
rained this morning for a bit...checked when i got home nmd had a 1/2 inch. lotz of thunder and lightning in the wee hours!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Raining so hard with lots of thunder here.  Letting up a little now but the dogs still won't go out.  Can't help but think of TT when this weather hits. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Rain started here just after 6 & it looks like some nasty stuff comin our way by ~ 7:30.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
The ditches are full up here and the fields are lakes this morning. Crazy.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
WOW.....2 1/2 inches overnight. To Much and looks like more on the way.  :thumbs:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Could get a mid-morning break but more on its way early this afternoon. :sad:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Another .50" at the ranch & .40" in Bugtussle. Not that we get insanely large amounts, it just rains so frequently. We're talking 10 out of 18 days with measurable precip thus far in June with 7.34" tallied for the month at the ranch & 7.8" in Bugtussle. We're also looking at good chances of rain in the forecast daily thru Saturday. Last year in June we were begging for rain. Was watering the garden & pots like crazy. This year, not so much.  :coffee:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I prefer last year.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea i'd rather be inbetween!!! :bonk: :bonk: thinking this amount of moisture is definitely hampering garden plant growth???

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I prefer last year.

I liked two years ago even better. Every time I even thought about watering, we got an inch or two of rain. Corn crop was unreal. So was lawn mowing... :doah:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well at 630 this morning there was about 1.25 inches of rain in the gauge...   at 6pm it was up to 2.5...  water every where... 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
just started pouring here!!!!!!! :shocked:

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Lots of rain up here by Marcel!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
and just like that its done..........for now...........

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
still lite rain here

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sitting on the patio watching the SW sky. Can hear some thunder but on the futurecast radar looks like it'll get here a little after 9 if it hangs together. Be unusual if it didn't this year thus far. And yes dammit, I'm having a G&T. You gotta problem with that?  :rotflmao: