Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: incoming weather  (Read 137629 times)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I read that Waseca has had over 15 inches of rain in June so far. I am on a hill and most of our yard has water standing or slowly running. I think it is seeping out of the hillside. Many have it much worse I know.
:scratch: so you live up on a hill, overlooking the little people,  huh! :doah: :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
Yes, yes we do. We are about 6 miles sw of town. It is hard having to fend off all the little people.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
I read that Waseca has had over 15 inches of rain in June so far. I am on a hill and most of our yard has water standing or slowly running. I think it is seeping out of the hillside. Many have it much worse I know.
:scratch: so you live up on a hill, overlooking the little people,  huh! :doah: :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao:
Yes, yes we do. We are about 6 miles sw of town. It is hard having to fend off all the little people.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Bugtussle got whacked in the weather event from last nite, 6/22. Lotsa trees down on the power lines along MN Hwy 30, yanking the lines supplying houses while it was at it. That's on the owners not the power co. Electricity not restored until ~ 9 p.m.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Spoke with a buddy of mine back in Indiana. They were in the 90's pretty much all week. He said he would like some rain.
      I told him that last summer we were begging for rain. Well, looks like we got it. Always be careful what you ask for.
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have said we sure could use some rain here and the guys get all over me and tell me they don't call this the Rainy river for nothing.  Also a be careful what you wish for scenario.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The weather guys on TV all have a nasty looking line of storms coming through here tonight around 8-9. TWC's site hourly sounds quite a bit different.  :scratch:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
The weather guys on TV all have a nasty looking line of storms coming through here tonight around 8-9. TWC's site hourly sounds quite a bit different.  :scratch:
\

sounds like a major part of the state...

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Some sprinkles starting ~ 11 here, looked to be breaking up just as it was getting here. :cool:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Saw a map by one of the weather guys I follow on X. The wind from the humid air down here should provide fuel for the system off to our north. Could get ugly. See they've upgraded our rain chance to 30% for between 10 and midnite. That has increased. That hasn't bode well when that happens this summer.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
When it's dry a 30 percent chance means no rain when it's wet it means look out!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
holy crap did it get sticky outside!!!!!!!!! :surrender: :puke: :bs: i  got done what i wanna do so.....i may be done fer the day!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Our outside thermometer says 87.  I thought no way.  Went for a Ranger ride.  Yup it is 87.  Almost burned my but on the hot black seat.  Sure feels like storm brewing weather. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
A storm moving in here now.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Our outside thermometer says 87.  I thought no way.  Went for a Ranger ride.  Yup it is 87.  Almost burned my but on the hot black seat.  Sure feels like storm brewing weather.
Right. Some may pop up later. Made 90 here. A far cry from the 73 they predicted.

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Checked the gauge. It only rained .15" so far but that was enough to get the water running down the ditch that mother nature created on the edge of my garden

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just saw on TV warnings in Roseau County so that is coming towards us.  Be careful. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
I just saw that too@

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Knocking on our door now.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I just saw on TV warnings in Roseau County so that is coming towards us.  Be careful. 
That came here ~ 9:30 last night, some real weird looking sky in that but we got nothing. :happy1: Heard this morning that both bridges across the Cedar back home were closed for 12 hours yday as the river crested at almost 9' above flood stage. S'posed to be back in it banks by tomorrow night there, our flood warning here is over tomorrow AM.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We got some bad looking clouds, some wind and less than a 1/4" of rain. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
roony gets all the nice trout streams through his garden... :pouty:

Only got a few sprinkles and a lot of noise. Sort of a glenn storm... :scratch:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
roony gets all the nice trout streams through his garden... :pouty:

Only got a few sprinkles and a lot of noise. Sort of a glenn storm... :scratch:
:confused: :tut: :tut: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :coffee:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
tooo much red!!!   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The hourly says rain starting tonight around 9 & continuing 'til about noon on Friday. The weather guy has GR getting ~ 3/4" & Bemidji ~ .4". Personally, I'm hoping we're on the short end of that forecast.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Here too it looks like a rainy Friday. The good thing is that our water flows north. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looking like rain tomorrow for here starting after 3 a.m. and continuing into the forenoon, tapering after that. A third to a half inch probable. That'll mess up spraying for Saturday & leave Sunday. Then rain comes back again Monday afternoon. That one looks more substantial. The SROC's weekly update yesterday noted that this was the wettest April-June period in their 110+year record. Currently, at 23.58", it's over 2" more than the record set back in 2014. In Bugtussle, we've had 26.11" in that same time frame.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
oi sure hope it stops raining tomorrow early.......i got wood to burn and beer to drink!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: