Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: 2024 gardens  (Read 45080 times)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Glenn, Mama wants me to put some jalapenos in your recipe... ever tried it?
nope.......dont see why it wont work........ it should just add a little zip.

my wife wouldnt eat it then..........the only thing she likes hot is me!!!!!!! :shocked: :rolleyes: :happy1: :rotflmao:
:puke:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn, Mama wants me to put some jalapenos in your recipe... ever tried it?
nope.......dont see why it wont work........ it should just add a little zip.

my wife wouldnt eat it then..........the only thing she likes hot is me!!!!!!! :shocked: :rolleyes: :happy1: :rotflmao:
:scratch: :doah:........................... :laughroll: :laughroll:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
 :happy1:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: nice!!

You guys are just jealous!! :mooning: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Had my first taste of Merrilee's refer pickles. Not bad could use another day or two

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We didn't make pickles this year, just couldn't fit it in.  So I am buying different kinds at the store.  None as good as ours but of course fun to try them.  I got a refrigerated jar of Nathans kosher ones and they are pretty darn good.  Good in a Bloody Mary.  They are halves and I like to split them into quarters as they are pretty flavorful. 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Also sort of a garden thing.  I am seeing more little 1-2" long leopard frogs than I have ever seen.  Cute little things.  Sometimes 20 or so at a time hopping around when I surprise them. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Also sort of a garden thing.  I am seeing more little 1-2" long leopard frogs than I have ever seen.  Cute little things.  Sometimes 20 or so at a time hopping around when I surprise them.
:happy1: :happy1: great bug eaters.....seeing some at the cabin too!!!!!! :happy1: have had toads here at home...bug eaters to, but havent seen any in a while?? :scratch:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Noticing more toads and snakes here this summer. No snakes in the house after the basement window repairs however. Toads like to hang out around the barn. They like to catch flies and one can spend a lot of time watching them. They rarely miss & get huge after a summer of gorging themselves. Have had a salamander swimming laps in the yearling's water bucket recently. Actually looks more like an eastern spotted salamander than a tiger salamander but haven't had the camera along when doing chores.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Had my first taste of Merrilee's reefer pickles. Not bad could use another day or two

Roony must be hanging out with Boar... 😂

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Farm Out!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Seeing a few spotted cucumber beetles roony so heads up. Noticing some occasional feeding that would fit their m.o. Heat has kicked the cukes into overdrive. Picked 4 more and there are loads of little ones on the vines.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Bought some sweetcorn at the Farmers Market Saturday morning. Very good stuff. Ed's Produce by Otisco

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of snakes, we've seen more at the cabin also this year compared to the past. Not sure what that means( more mice, frogs) . I used to torment those guys, but nowadays I let em be..lol.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Brother said yday that he could have tomatoes in ~ 2 weeks. :happy1: :cool: He's got 5-6 plants that have went kind of nutso this year. He changed the way he planted & waters them this year. The bunch on the north side of the garden almost look like small bushes. :crazy:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
I think I posted this last year, or the year before, but it’s a good way to use up your excess zucchini, and they’re pretty tasty.

Zucchini Patties

"These cheesy zucchini patties are an excellent way to use up that abundance of zucchini from the garden. Serve with a bit of tomato sauce or sour cream dabbed on top."
Ingredients
* 2 cups grated zucchini
* 2 eggs, beaten
* 1/4 cup chopped onion
* 1/2 cup AP flour, or
* 1/2 cup instant potato flakes, or
* 1/2 cup bread crumbs
* 1/2 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese (the real stuff)
* 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
* salt to taste
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions
* In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, eggs, onion, flour, or potato flakes, or bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt. Stir well enough to distribute ingredients evenly.
* Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.  Form into patties, and fry until golden brown on both sides

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Speaking of zucchini, the 3 hills planted from seed on June 28th are flowering already. Also some of the snap peas and winter radishes planted Sunday before last are emerging. So are billions of tiny pigweeds and waterhemp. :pouty:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so, last night i had, had enough of some of my sickly looking tomatoes. i plucked the green ones off and pulled the plants. 6 of them. and didnt get enough of them to fill the bottom of an ice cream pail!!!!!  :bonk:

and every one of those plants had little to no root system!!!! :doah: :scratch: so down to 15 mater plants!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Too much watering... :coffee: :rotflmao:

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
How do you plant them? Do you lay them on their side?
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Picked a peck of peppers this morning...

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
The zookini were swallowing 3 pepper plants so did some serious thinning,  4 runs got the boot open things up. This is the first year in a while I have zero bottom rot on the tomatoes, gonna be a great harvest!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Getting a tomato here and there. Had blt's twice so far. Plants are looking better but not great
 My Celebrity tomato is the nicest looking plant. I like to plant one of them every year. Not as tasty as the heirlooms but a good, disease resistant variety

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, I'm getting ripe tomatoes now also. I also have a couple Celebrity plants. Plant them every year. They aren't the earliest but tasty.

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
My tomatoes 3 years ago. My grandson was 4'2" then

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
First Yellow Watermelon. Weighed 18 lbs. Grandkids love them.

:party3: :party3:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Just went out to pick apples. The State Fair apples are mostly ready. Now a passing shower came my way.

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I have Zestars that are getting close. Another week probably. :happy1: