Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New ruling on min LBS for deer hunting  (Read 3134 times)

Offline awb500magman

• Outdoorsman
Ok I dint know if any one has herd but for 2007 the minimum LBS for deer hunting is now 30lbs......

Later Adam

Offline Grute Man

• Master Outdoorsman
  • White Bear Lake
I heard they were thinking of dropping that.  Do you think its really enough energy at 30 lbs to make a clean kill?  I know my oldest boy is chompin at the bit to bow hunt but cant draw even 35 yet.  I think its great to get more people into hunting but wonder how many wounded animals could result from this.
Grute
If ya don't know where ya are, go back to da beginnin.

Offline awb500magman

• Outdoorsman
It is hard to say how Manny wounded deer are going to be out there because of this but My 45lbs recuve is getting 28ft lbs of KE and I have blown thru one doa with it and I did test a 30lbs compound with a 350gr arrow and it was 27" draw and got 33ftlbs of KE out of that bow so If my recuve could do it I don't see how a 30lbs bow properly set up cant.....

Fact is a 30 lbs compound now is getting better speed and efficacy than a 50lbs bow 15 years ago...