Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4977510 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Happy Birthday mark n!  :party3: 🎂 Stay away from them tornaders! 🌪

Mornin' gang! What's left of it annaway. 62 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Was pretty loose this a.m. so staying closer to the chitter than usual. Fer sure need to make sure I know where my roll of shop towels is in the pickup. Just keep thinking of all the money I'm saving on stool softener. 🚽 Got payroll done and some other bills paid so after a trip to the bank & post office, I can get to work. Someone has to pay for all the blessings from our great and benevolent governor... :rolleyes: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Corn fields make great emergency Chitters.  I know.   :sleazy: 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Birthday Markn!!!  :party3: Hope it is a good one for ya.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Yep what they all said to! :happy1: :happybday: :happybday:

Mine is Monday.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
What is a pod? 
Most are large (40 & 48') shipping containers that the big cargo ships & railroads use that will also go on a flatbed trailer behind a semi, but the smaller ones are now being used for storage & moving quite a bit as well. We rented a 40' er when we rebuilt here in 2013-14. https://www.anywaystorage.com/20-foot-containers.
« Last Edit: September 09/16/22, 05:25:33 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 62 this morning and hoping to see 70...  might see some rain drops too..  we will see...  not a whole lot going on today so will go with the flow of the day!!!   have a good day all!!!   :happy1:

just checked the rain gauge. about a1/4 inch thus far...
« Last Edit: September 09/16/22, 07:47:59 AM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 Mornin all, 62* here at 1st peek & it appears that could be our high for the day. Had a shower coming home yday & getting more now through 2 or 3 this afternoon. We had ~ .5" since yday in the gauge earlier. I've got a couple garage projects to mess with & we'll go from there. No more now, hopin your Friday's a good 1.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........had about 3/10 rain in the overnight. momma goes to Blaine this morning for an MRI!!!!!!!!! this crap is giving her a real bad backache. :embarrassed:

not sure what the day brings. beer and a fire later if it dont rain.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 58 and raining. Low 60s will be the high for today. The wind has been whipping off of the lake for 4 days now. She is an angry lake. We have 1.57" of rain since yesterday and still coming down. Making some coffee. We will pack up to go camping sometime this morning. Better than being at work I guess even though the weather is crappy. Hopefully the same plan as Glenn this evening down in the forest. Fire and beer. Well, you boys have a good one.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is wet here.  We had 3/8" yesterday and got 5/8" last night for a total of 1" in the gauge now since I didn't empty it.  May get some more today.  The wife is heading out to see here sisters for the weekend so I will be unsupervised.   :sleazy:  That hasn't happened for awhile so will be a blast.  The pets and I will be raising he77.  LOL  I see a lot of those pods around now Gunner.  Good storage containers I bet.  Well later boys.  Need more coffee.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is wet here.  We had 3/8" yesterday and got 5/8" last night for a total of 1" in the gauge now since I didn't empty it.  May get some more today.  The wife is heading out to see here sisters for the weekend so I will be unsupervised.   :sleazy:  That hasn't happened for awhile so will be a blast.  The pets and I will be raising he77.  LOL  I see a lot of those pods around now Gunner.  Good storage containers I bet.  Well later boys.  Need more coffee.
did your wife give you STRICT instructions to stay off Amazon!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes: :tut:
« Last Edit: September 09/16/22, 08:16:11 AM by glenn57 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes as a matter of fact she did exactly that Glenn.  LOL  I did get new speakers for my computer slipped in though.  They should be here today.   :sleazy:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes as a matter of fact she did exactly that Glenn.  LOL  I did get new speakers for my computer slipped in though.  They should be here today.   :sleazy:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i knew it!!!!!!!!!!! :surrender:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
What is a pod? 
Most are large (40 & 48') shipping containers that the big cargo ships & railroads use that will also go on a flatbed trailer behind a semi, but the smaller ones are now being used for storage & moving quite a bit as well. We rented a 40' er when we rebuilt here in 2013-14. https://www.anywaystorage.com/20-foot-containers.
the terem we used for them things around the union hall was CONNEX'S!!!!!!!!

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Morning all. It's 59 degrees here in International Falls at 9 am this morning. That also is the predicted high for the day. My gage shows about 2 1/2" since yesterday morning and predicted to rain all day today. I'm guessing 3" total by the time it stops. Plenty wet thats for sure.

I find it mind boggling how many storage facilities have sprung up across the state. They are in every town no matter how small it seems. I took the bike to Vermillion and storage places are popping up around the lake down there. We as a people have to much junk and crap we don't need! Oh well, they wouldn't build them if they couldn't fill them I guess. Haven't heard lately if the sea ports are still plugged up with ships full of shipping containers. If that ever gets back to normal there will be a lot of containers available again. I know there is a shortage now and the prices have climber up on them like everything else. I wonder if I can blame uncle Joe for that also>   :scratch:

Need to go get water softener salt and some groceries today, otherwise I'm sitting at home watching it rain preparing to watch the Twins get knocked around in Cleveland this weekend. Maybe the Twins take 4 of 5 to keep the dream alive?

Have a great day & weekend. 
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for all of the Happy Birthdays guys. Had fun last night with everyone over for dinner. However, I didn't get any birthday cards with $5.00 bills in them like I used to......a few years ago (like 55). Dumped out .40" out of rain gauge this morning before I went to town for haircut. Not much else today, think I'll slap some new line on two reels and see if I can't raise the boat up on the trailer, so it doesn't roll off the trailer so easy. I know that sounds stupid, but it's a pain in the rear when it comes time to load it. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. .12" of rain overnite at the ranch and .13" in the metropolis of Bugtussle. Sprinkling again now so could wind up making a glenn day out of it if it keeps messing around. Got my wagon load of oats backed in the barn last nite and left everything else out, figuring it wouldn't rain. Heard it thunder about 2:30 a.m. Looked at the radar and rolled over. Didn't look like we'd get much. Heard it raining about 4-ish, looked at the radar again and decided that by the time I got it put away it would stop raining. Just sorta washed the dirt off of the mowers. They needed it so no harm no foul. People coming out and getting fruit and vegetables last nite & again tonite. Plus I've been hauling stuff into town with me in the mornings. Should be getting to the end on the beans one of these days. Famous last words.   
« Last Edit: September 09/16/22, 11:15:34 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  When the dogs want to go out it is just me now.  We are up an at em.  Coffee is good and the deck is wet so got some precip.  Not much in the gauge.  Got the new speakers and they sound great!  Gave them a good test last night.  lol  Not sure what the plans are today.  Have to check the weather first. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, sounds like 75 for a high today..  not sure what I have going today so I'll do a Glenn like day...  what ever I want to do!!!  have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
 2 1/2" in the gage since Thursday morning. More predicted for later this afternoon. Need to get some grass cut here so it better quit soon. Maybe take the mower blades off and sharpen them this morning, or maybe not.  High of 70 predicted.

Have a great day.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......raining here not a lot just yet. got maters up the ying yang........so thats my project for the day.

:pouty: :surrender: :doah: iffin you goofballs do a Glenn day............you'd be so tuckered out you'd need 2 naps!!!!!!!!1 :mooning: :mooning: :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
haven't got time to take a nap!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, we had 61 when I went down to the dock & ~70 looks to be our high. More precip predicted here today as well, with the best chance after 4. We had about 3/4" in the gauge from Thursday & Friday when I looked yday afternoon. Gonna try to put some shelves in the POD early today & we'll go from there. 'Bout it here, have a good 1.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
There's two days of ATA trap shooting going this weekend in Alex. Going to try and shoot today, maybe tomorrow. Put line on two reels yesterday, new lights on the boat trailer and a 2 and 1/2-hour boat ride. No fishes. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Late mornin' gang! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. .10" of rain at the ranch in the past 24 hrs. with .11" in Bugtussle. Picked beans last nite until dark then cleaned them up & put them away. Putzed inside this forenoon & will be in shed cleaning mode after lunch. Until the Gophers game at 2:30 anyway. See? Just like magic, another glenn day!   :laugh:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
looks like Gunner might be getting some storms.... 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 going towards 71 today...  got a few things done yesterday and got to visit with a friend I have not seen in over a year..  that was nice..   they were bow hunting for deer...   haven't heard how they did last night...   have a good day all!!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  The boys just got me up to feed them.  Kind of a cloudy morning here.  The wife comes home today so like Dotch does I better get the heavy equipment in here to clean this place up before she arrives.  LOL  Will be good to see her.  Will watch some football today but have to wait till tomorrow night to see Americas team play.  Can hardly wait but could be a let down too.  Who knows?   Well you all have a good one.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. I got some signal this morning. Dark and cloudy out here in the boonies too. Supposed to be around 70 today. Had a nice fire and drank some beers last night. Time to make some coffee. Have a good one boys.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 59 cloudy, breezy, & we might hit 70 here later. Yeah mike, we had some weather last night again. There was quite a bit of what we use to call "heat lightning", & some pretty good wind as well ~ 7-7:30. It really rained hard & there looks to be about 1.2" in the gauge. Some hail & 60 mph winds over a little NE of Bemidji, according to WCCO. We got some shelves framed up in the pod yday but that can wait. No more now, hopin your Sunday's a good 1.