Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1517014 times)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I grilled burglars last night knowing tonight would suck. Sooo it's homemade Ruebens and some frozen fries tonight,  should make about 6 with momma getting 1 and I get the rest!  :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
My SE 1/4 SE 1/4 NE 1/4 Sec 7 Berlin famous basketti tonite! May have to tap into some of my rationed Valentine's Day alcohol reserves.  :hubba:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :happy1: I hear ya boober.. grilling is on hold for a few days. Lazy today frozen burritos tonight!🤣
Tomorrow momma is putting pork loin steaks in the oven with cream of mushroom soup as gravy!! Spuds to.
Thursday thinking hungry bow casserole and fresh baked bread out of the oven!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
speaking of reubens, Aldi's next week has points for 2.99 and flats for 4.99...   might have to score one flat!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
I have chicken in brine that will ready for the smoker this afternoon. So that is what is on the menu for tonight.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Thanks mikey! I even seared the Texas toast just for glenn... :coffee:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I took out one of the smaller pork roasts from the recent butchering fiasco and it is 5.4 lbs.  LOL  Will make a a great meal with lots of left overs.  Not sure how I will cook it yet.  Crock pot or oven???

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I took out one of the smaller pork roasts from the recent butchering fiasco and it is 5.4 lbs.  LOL  Will make a a great meal with lots of left overs.  Not sure how I will cook it yet.  Crock pot or oven???
oven, then make gravy. me like pork roast and gravy!!!!!!!!!!!1 :hubba: :hubba:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I do like that too Glenn.  Hard to beat. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

will good either way!!!! :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

will good either way!!!! :happy1:
:happy1: then shredded pork sammiches!!!!!!!! OMG.....i'm on my way!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Our pork roasts usually go in the Instant Pot these day. Once in a while they'll still go in the ol' cast iron Dutch Oven as well. We just had Ruebens with some Oyster Stew last week 1 day, as well.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have fixins for oyster stew too but just need to get it done.  A buddy of mine throws a frozen pork roast in his crockpot with 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup and then goes to work.  Is great when he gets home. 

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
That oyster stew sure sounds good.  Been a while since I made that.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I could go for clam chowder too!!!   yummy!!!   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
i have a can of that once in a while......not homemade however!!!!!! gotta be the new england clam chowder though!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
i have a can of that once in a while......not homemade however!!!!!! gotta be the new england clam chowder though!!!

I do make it and the canned stuff for a quick fix!!!   home made is great!!!  and easy to make... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok, executive decision made.  Just talked to an old friend who is one heck of a cook and mentioned the pork roast.  He mixes a pkg of Lipton Onion soup mix with warm water and puts it in the bottom of the crock pot.  They puts the frozen pork roast right on top of it and doesn't look at it till the end of the day.  That is what I just did.  The roast is so big the lid won't close so waiting as it thaws to squeeze it in. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Ok, executive decision made.  Just talked to an old friend who is one heck of a cook and mentioned the pork roast.  He mixes a pkg of Lipton Onion soup mix with warm water and puts it in the bottom of the crock pot.  They puts the frozen pork roast right on top of it and doesn't look at it till the end of the day.  That is what I just did.  The roast is so big the lid won't close so waiting as it thaws to squeeze it in.
I use the lipton onion soup on my venny roast when i do them. Makes good gravy too.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I use the lipton onion soup on my venny roast when i do them. Makes good gravy too.
:happy1: yep......i use it in all my roasts. we by it at costco.......comes with 6 boxes.  it also makes an awesome potato chip dip. dump a package in a tug of sour cream!!!!!!!and dip away. iffin i new i woulndt get the hershey squirts i could eat the whole tub at one  sitting!!!! :rotflmao: :pouty: dont ask me how i know!!!!!! :surrender:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: with Mikey's favorite veggie!!!👍

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
going to get some of them next week, but either roast them or fried with bacon!!!   not boiled!!!!   :tut:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
going to get some of them next week, but either roast them or fried with bacon!!!   not boiled!!!!   :tut:
i gotta try that!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
But remember Glenn,  it has bacon in it, you can do it!! Momma picked up another small seasoned beef roast for shredded taco's or burritos however one looks at it, but it is the bomb! I could eat 10 of em.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just had two easy over eggs on top of a pile of Roast Beef Hash.   Man that is a good breakfast. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just put a corned beef in the crock pot!!!   it's what's for supper!!!   :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
couple more hours and it will done!!!   oh  the aroma!!!!!    :happy1: