Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Twins  (Read 115423 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :cool: He is often a key pc of their offense.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
They mashed KC today...................1-0   :rotflmao:

Upside is this Ryan kid pitched another good game.

5-8 coming home for the hated White Sux.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
5-8 coming home for the hated White Sux.
Time for the boys to start playing.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Twins win another ugly one 2-1 last night. Only 2 runs because Chicago gave them to the Twins with 2 throwing errors. Ninth inning got hair raising with Pagan loading the bases before getting out of it.  :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

I was supposed to go to the game today with 20 members of my family. Can't ride in a car for 3-4 hours to get there. Oh well. maybe later in the summer. Probably get rained out anyway.
« Last Edit: April 04/23/22, 07:43:07 AM by KEN W »
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
The lack of hitting is mystifying. Arraez is the only guy I can watch anymore. It's a shame to waste the starting pitching they are getting. It would be nice to score some runs and give the pitchers some breathing room.

But, a win is a win. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Twins win another ugly one 2-1 last night. Only 2 runs because Chicago gave them to the Twins with 2 throwing errors. Ninth inning got hair raising with Pagan loading the bases before getting out of it.  :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

I was supposed to go to the game today with 20 members of my family. Can't ride in a car for 3-4 hours to get there. Oh well. maybe later in the summer. Probably get rained out anyway.
Ken, its probably gonna get rained out anyway!!!!!! :pouty:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
The lack of hitting is mystifying. Arraez is the only guy I can watch anymore. It's a shame to waste the starting pitching they are getting. It would be nice to score some runs and give the pitchers some breathing room.

But, a win is a win. 
It's not just the Twins either, the whole league is struggling to score many runs. Well, except for a few of the teams with $200-300 mil payrolls. :rolleyes: Many are blaming the cold weather & extra short Spring Training because of the lockout. :scratch: :confused:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Thats some of it. Some of it is they all want to only hit homeruns. Some of it is the shifts have f'ed up their heads. Some guys like Polanco, Urshela, Correa, Kepler I think will be ok. The fat kid will never get it. I'm not sure yet on Larnach and Jeffers. Sanchez I know is only 2% better than Sano. I also think you have to scrap all the situational stuff Baldelli likes. Write the line-up out, leave them in the same slot and run them out there day after day after day.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Watched a game the other day, WSox & Cleveland(?), where they had the shift on & the guy got to the ball but he was so deep he couldn't throw the guy out. :crazy: :scratch: :doah: Problem is that they all want to be like TB,  as they started all the situational/shift stuff & field a competitive team every year while keeping their payroll at or near the bottom of the league. That's where Baldelli cut his teeth too.
« Last Edit: April 04/23/22, 09:02:54 AM by Gunner55 »

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
I would like to see them require 2 infielders on each side of second base. And no infielders on the outfield grass.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Thats the new rule going in next year. I don't know about the part about the outfield grass.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Buxton played yesterday and the bats woke up, another strong outing by Bundy, he's 3-0! Who'da thunk it?

Everybody had better swings except the fat kid, he did his part keeping a breeze going in Target Field.

Going for the sweep today.    :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Arraez & Jeffers had good games at the plate too. :happy1: Coloumbe struggled a bit out of the pen but he hadn't pitched in a week, Stashak & Thielbar looked good though. :cool:
« Last Edit: April 04/24/22, 06:10:52 PM by Gunner55 »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
As bad as some of these hitters are I don't see how Arraez doesn't play 5-6 games a week. He always sees pitches and put a good swing on them. There are 12 other hitters that should be watching him hit every time he gets near the plate.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Buxton played yesterday and the bats woke up, another strong outing by Bundy, he's 3-0! Who'da thunk it?

Everybody had better swings except the fat kid, he did his part keeping a breeze going in Target Field.

Going for the sweep today.    :happy1:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i think you need to invite that kid up and have a few grain belts together!!!!  :sleazy: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Buxton to the rescue again. Home runs in the 7th and walk off in the 10th.

Should change the dollar bill to

"In Buxton We Trust" :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
As bad as some of these hitters are I don't see how Arraez doesn't play 5-6 games a week. He always sees pitches and put a good swing on them. There are 12 other hitters that should be watching him hit every time he gets near the plate.
:scratch: Especially the way he uses the whole field, no way they put a shift on him. :happy1: :cool:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
With first base open you have to wonder if LaRussa feared Arraez more than Buxton or if he was taking a nap?

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I got to listen to the best parts of the Saturday and Sunday games on the radio. 

Its a brand new race in the division now.
 :crazy:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I gotta believe that last pitch was supposed to be up & away at least another 6-8". That's the best Winder has looked so far IMO too, not so sure he'll be with the team next week. So, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get another look or 2 against Detroit.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I got to listen to the best parts of the Saturday and Sunday games on the radio. 

Its a brand new race in the division now.
 :crazy:
Yup, top dog today!! :happy1: :cool:

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I think after a couple of starters revert back to what they are Winder goes into the rotation. So they either keep him here in long relief or send him to start in St. Paul.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, St. Paul to get him regular work, I think. :scratch:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Paddack gets the ball tonight, 6:40 game time against Detroit.

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
Bullpen blew it. Looks like Kepler is coming around. Wonder how long they will keep playing Sano. Basically a strike out machine.
« Last Edit: April 04/27/22, 06:54:10 AM by KEN W »

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
Very dominate game for Paddock, he was good.
Thielbar was bad, he seems to have a game or two like that every year.
Kepler & Urshela WERE the offense last night.
Kepler catches the ball Grossman butchered in the 9th last night.
Sano is ...... well, Sano. He is a strikeout machine. His base running blunder last night proved again there is nothing between the ears on that kid.
Ugly finish.

Twins win!!
« Last Edit: April 04/27/22, 08:32:38 AM by dutchboy »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Heck of a finish! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: Sano had the last hit that led to the W & he hit a rope to LF early too but that was right at somebody. Good to see Kepler get it going yday :happy1:, Urshela had a couple hits too.  :crazy: end to the game again.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Ryan was throwing darts & struck out 9 in going 7 innings for the 1st time. :cool: Kepler & Jeffers hit 3 bombs & had all 5 RBI's. :happy1: Arraez & Larnach had good games at the plate too. An early game today, 12:10 1st pitch, & Ober gets the ball.

Online dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I'm warming up to Ryan. He gets the ball, throws the ball. Not a lot of messing around and thinking with him. He has his plan and goes about his business.

Nice to see Sano get benched for at a game. Correa needs to get going but his defense is impressive. Will Buxton turn into a all or nothing guy at the plate?

Thanks for the heads up on the early game, I would have missed the game.   :pouty: