Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: New to MNO? Please introduce yourself  (Read 377521 times)

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi I'm dew2 pushin 60,live by Willmar on a lake.Traveled our country in construction work and inspection.Had a number of accidents and one finally disabled me,So I came back to the best state for outdoors people to live.
 I fish most every nice day through the months of April to Oct. Hunting is down to deer archery close to home.
 If your commin to this area I can normally put you on fish so just ask.
       Good fishin,huntin,good luck! dew2
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline JCAMERON

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • "Johnny Camo Jr."
My name is John Cameron. I'm 19 and I live in Anoka with my wife and son, with another one coming. I work as a maintenance tech. at lofthouse bakery. I'm finishing a degree in robotics/ industrial contolls. I fish throughout the seasons and hunt everything my budget will allow. Thankfully, though, I do buy most of my equipment second-hand so I do have the means to hunt just about everything in Minnesota. My father isn't much of a hunter, so I learned most of what i know about the outdoors the best way; the hard way.

John
"Superior... never gives up her dead when the gales of November come early."

Offline dag1980

• Outdoorsman
My name is Ben 27 yrs old , married, and have 18 month old daughter who loves to watch the outdoor channel and pretend to shoot deer and turkeys with her fingers. I love to hunt, fish , play softball, and hang with the family. My brother and I have our own business "Hunting Addiction Taxidermy" Based out of southern minnesota and also in Des Moines, Ia. SO if your interested in getting some work done Pm me or reply.
If I can Grill it, I'll Kill It!!!!

Offline Go Big Red!

• Master Outdoorsman
My name is Dirk.  31 years young.  Born and raised in Wisconsin (did I say that out loud?).  Married for 4 years now.  Have a 3 1/2 yr. old son who loves to fish & play with duck decoys and a gorgeous 14 month old girl.  I teach at a suburban high school in Industrial Tech (Ind. Arts) and spend as much time as possible hunting.
Take a kid hunting and fishing... It'll be the best thing for generations to come.

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Welcome to all you new members! Hope you are enjoying the
site. Look forward to your posts!

::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome::

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline redbull135

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hello my name is Tom from Rochester married (10 yaers) two boys (15, 13) one daughter (11) and they enjoy hunting. I like bow hunting and duck hunting. It was good to meet everbody.
« Last Edit: October 10/23/08, 05:44:13 PM by redbull135 »

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion

Offline 22lex

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Photo-op
Welcome Tom,

I think you'll enjoy this site as I have. Nice to see another Rochester native joining in.
Marry an outdoors woman. Then if you throw her out into the yard on a cold night, she can still survive.
-WC Fields

Offline SHELLISMILE

:newhere:

Hi my name is Shelli,  I am 37 years old live in the West Metro, love to hunt, fish and camp. 

I hunt deer, would like to try bird.  I have a 14 year old daughter that likes to hunt and fish also.
I crave venison back straps, walleye and crappies.  Occasional cat fish too. 

Enjoy the site so far..

Shelli

Offline Cody Gruchow

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2016 Mno rockbass challenge champion

Offline Backstrap

• Outdoorsman
Ok here goes!  I'm Dave.  39 yrs old.  Married w/children.  Boy 11, girl, 8, and boy 3.  I absolutely love outdoors.  But deer hunting is the best.  I live in SW MN,  I've lived here for 17 years.  I am originally from the northern most part of WI.  Still have family up there, one of which is a deer/bear guide.  So I pretty much have it made come deer season.  I'm happy to have found this site, seems to be alot of fun people here.
Dave

Offline postal

Yo all.

Just turned 51 two days ago but mentally never made it past 17!
I live near WHite Bear Lake with my family. We all shoot. hunt and fish, as well as take extensive roadtrips (Last July we did route 66 all the way).
Daughter at college in New York (Cornell) and Son here at Century in WB Township. Deer season opens Saturday and we'll be out in the woods.

More guns and fishing equipment than we know what to do with but as long as the family is having fun as a family, that's what counts!

Looking for a cabin in Northern minnesota or Wisconsin but haven't found the right one yet!

Been shooting since I was a bit shy of four years (Grandpa believed in early training with a pellet rifle) and now teach Gun Safety at Oakdale gun club in Lake Elmo as well as being certified as an NRA instructor for RIfle, Shotgun and Pistol. My family and I use every opportunity we can to get out in the woods and enjoy the woods for what they are, and those who never get out and just SIT in November or December really are missing a neat piece of nature!

ANd the DNR is really looking for more instructors RIGHT NOW, so if you are pretty good with kids and have shot or hunted for a few years, give it some thought.....it's your chance to put something back and help others out!

My son would like to do more duck hunting so I guess we'll rebuild the blind at our hunting property next summer. He'd also like to do more Pheasant hunting but we laqck a place to go for that.....maybe South Dakota? Anyone have a great location for Pheasant that you might want to trade for a day of fun shooting machine guns (another of my hobbies!). And I really am a Postal Worker, too! (It's ok, I'm stable and relatively happy!!)

a\Anyway, that's our nutty family in a nutshell.

Nice to find a site such as this.....hope everyone stays safe this hunting season!

John   :newhere:

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Hey Postal,
If you just turned 51 you should look into the lifetime licenses.  Big price drop from 50 to 51.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline devildog

:newhere: my name is Brian,
i reside in the southside of Minneapolis walking distance to downtown.
Finishing up my Marine Corps reserve contract this summer coming up. trying to learn a few thing about hunting before i start to. recently i was in search of an AK 47 still is and found a link to this website from craigslist. I'm 26 turning 27 on the 18th of this month. love to shoot and fish but have not started to hunt yet. i also like to collect all sorts of firearms when i have the money to.
« Last Edit: November 11/14/08, 11:45:23 PM by devildog »
For GOD, For Country, For the Corps
Semper Fi

Offline JakerGreen

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
  • MNO Junior Staff
My name is Jacob Servaty and my dad is Dennis Servaty a staff member on this web site. I lived in Owatonna from ages 2-10 then I moved to Spearfish SD, where I am now. I will be hunting with my dad, grandpa, great grandma, and others at URL. :newhere:
Waskish, there is no where else I would rather be.

Offline insanity tackle

• Outdoorsman
  • Creatin crazy stuff since 1999...actin crazy 4ever
Hey All!   :newhere:

Lets see about me....Well I'm Kaylene, 27 with a 1 1/2 year old yellow lab Morgan (as close to kids as I'm getting for a while).  I currently own and run 2 businesses in Frazee.  I have a Sign Shop that has been running for over 8 years and this spring started a Bait & Tackle business.  My dad had one previously but for health reasons sold it, then they went under and I can't see this small town going without one, so here I am.  When I'm not putting in the hours at the bait shop I'm out fishing with my dad as often as he feels up to it.  And now that fall is upon us hunting is all around!  3 more days til deer hunting!!!!   :dancinred:  I thinks thats about everything interesting with me LOL  Everyone have a safe and fun Deer season!!

Offline Tyler Rother

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Hey Guys,

:help:

My names Tyler, and I have a hunting problem. Been doing nothing but hunting for the last 6 years now. It has turned into a bad addiction. [= Im 24 next april, love to hunt and fish. Always looking for new people and places to hunt with/at. Anytime you wanna get together, give me an email or message! See you in the field or on the water!

Offline Bigstone

Hi Everyone,

My name is Dave, Married to a lovely bride for 31 years. We have two children one boy and girl  and one precious grandson. I work in the suburbs of Minneapolis and Live on 75 acres west of the twin cities.  Just As Mr Harry, I also enjoys old farm tractors (don't ask me me) Enjoy the outdoors and people.

Take Care
Dave

Offline bowhunter73

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Cedar, MN Member #113
 ::welcome::

To MNO I hope you will find it as fun and informational as most of us do. Also, don’t forget to keep an eye on the great MNO contests and giveaways  :happy1:
Are you a hunter or do you just kill things? Respect the wildlife!

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
 ::welcome:: hope you find this site helpful and maybe we can learn a thing or two from you as well
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline sochr000

• Outdoorsman
Hi, I'm Chris, 23yrs old and live in Bemidji.  I hunt, fish, camp, and do as much outdoors as I can.  I'm single, have a 5yr old Brittany, and have been out of the army for a little over a year now.
This is the internet, please remain calm.  I mean you no harm...

Offline Outdoors Junkie

• MNO Director
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • AKA "Outdoors Junkie"

Welcome to all our new members and guests!
www.mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN

Offline kingfisher1

• Master Outdoorsman
I will introduce myself.  My name is Grant, and I'm from Maplewood, MN.  I obviously love to hunt and fish, with more time spent fishing, as my passion lies there a little more.  I love chasing pannies, eyes, cats, and esox, but love being on the water, be it hard water or open water and will chase whatever is biting.  My favorite body of water to fish is the St. Croix river, and spend a lot of water there, and fish Bald Eagle during the summer chasing muskies.  I am a new father, having a 14 month old son, who has already shown and interest in fishing as well as loves looking at pictures of whitetails and elk, so I am confident that I have a future hunter/fisherman on my hands, which I'm excited about.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
walleyes, pannies, esox, cats, I don't care, let's go fishing!!

Offline gsp

hi all my names adam, new to this site, 32 years old, no kids except for my 5 month old german shorthair, have a girlfriend, love fishing and hunting, live in rochester, work at a dealership

Offline Randy Kaar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Randy aka bh
Welcome to MNO! hope you enjoy the site!
 ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome::

randy
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN ( www.mnoutdoorsman.com )!
bonehead149@yahoo.com
bonehead@mnoutdoorsman.com

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Hello,

I'm fairly new to the this forum but have spent a lot of time fishing. I found this online a couple of years ago through Google and signed up. Didn't spend a lot of time here for some reason though. So now I'm here and posting away.  :whistling:

As for me, I grew up in North Dakota. I was a Boy Scout and spent a lot of time in the outdoors. I did a lot of camping and fishing with my parents as well. I did have another passion, which was music. So I tried to make it big in a band for a few years touring the upper Midwest. After that I moved to Omaha for some strange reason. Then move back to ND in 98 and got into computers. I moved to St. Paul in 2000 to continue my career and with all the lakes I re-lit my passion for fishing and the outdoors.

I've spent the last five years really dedicating as much time as I can to fishing and ice fishing. About three years ago I decided to make the St. Croix River my "home" water for the summer and have had great success out there with Walleye and big crappies. In the winter I like to explore a little more and go spend some time on the Croix out of Bayport but I spend a lot of time up in the Chisago area and on those lakes. I love to fish and meet new people. I really like getting new people out fishing and get them a good experience. I liked it so much that this year I started a guide service for the Croix in the summer.

I married a St. Paul girl and have made MN my home. We have a beautiful three-year-old daughter that we adopted on Christmas 2005. We also have an eleven-year-old girl that moved in with us the week before Thanksgiving and is going to be adopted by us during 2009. Family is my biggest passion so fishing sometimes takes a back seat. But as they grow I will get them all involved.

I look forward to meeting more people off this site and get out fishing with them.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.

Offline Dan R.

• Master Outdoorsman
hi all my names adam, new to this site, 32 years old, no kids except for my 5 month old german shorthair, have a girlfriend, love fishing and hunting, live in rochester, work at a dealership
  ::welcome:: ::welcome:: ::welcome:: enjoy the site
« Last Edit: January 01/22/09, 07:27:41 PM by spuds »
spuds@mnoutdoorsman.com
Voted #1 Outdoors Website in MN (www.minnesotaoutdoorsman.com )

Offline stevejedlenski

• Master Outdoorsman
welcome sandman,

sounds like you got your priorities right, family then fishing, just have to get them put together into one priority haha.

this is a great site, be sure to share as much knowledge as you gain.
my wife said it.... im OFFICIALLY ADDICTED to MNO!!

Offline MnDeerStalker

• Xtreme Outdoorsman
Welcome sandman,

This is a great site for info in all aspects of the outdoors ::welcome::

Offline sandmannd

• Master Outdoorsman
    • Chasin' Tail Fishin
Thank you MNDeerStalker. I've been finding I like it here. Not quite as "woosified" as some other forums I've been on. Great folks and some familiar faces here.
Friends are like buttcheeks..........crap might separate them, but they come together in the end.