Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the grill, folks?  (Read 900328 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's

:popcorn:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Atta boy Glenn!! No drying em out there.  Looking friggen spectacular dotch, I'm guessing the Mrs needed you to devour it all to do some catching!!   :sleazy:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I am glad we talked about this, I am going to get me some pork steaks and grill them.  I also love them in a 9 x 13 baking dish with sliced spuds, mushrooms, onions, doused in 2 cans of Cream of anything and baked in the oven.  I usually throw in a can of green beans for color since we all love them.  20 minutes before I take it out I also douse it with shredded cheese.  SO the word here is DOUSE!
« Last Edit: May 05/07/18, 06:55:27 PM by LPS »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
If you and Delbert did that together, you could DOUSE and SOUSE all nite long!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/07/18, 07:19:00 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
If you and Delbert did that together, you could DOUSE and SOUSE all nite long!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll: :laughroll:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
That dark meat?   My wife doesn't eat dark meat chicken.    Or turkey.   
(seems like a dangerous post)

Has nothing to do with the color of my meat del...maybe if I ran it thru the whirlpool first... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: She claims they had chicken in general too many times as a kid. I dunno. We raised and ate lots of it also but Mom was always good about changing it up so it wasn't the same thing every time. God I miss that lady and her cooking... :sad:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dark, shmark! Ya either like chicky and turkey, or ya don't! I ain't into eating dainty watercress sandwiches and day long soused & boiled meats... grill up and smoke the yardbirds!!!  :tongue:
« Last Edit: May 05/09/18, 12:02:14 PM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
After Mayo ticked me off by making me fast for a fake blood draw, I decided to retaliate!  :azn: Had center cut vs. sirloin chop challenge night. Plum wood in the smoker boxes. Liked 'em both but hit the center cuts just about perfect whereas the sirloin chops might've been a hair more done. And for dessert out of sheer spite, I made meself some strawberries and ice cream! Take that!  :moon:

[attachment deleted by admin]
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Bits and pieces brat night after averting a minor crisis: I ran a little short of enough Boodles to make one last G&T so had to improvise. Made a tank mix with Beefeater. Was OK but I don't recommend it. Brats got a combo of wood smoke too. Was plum, pear and apple in the smoker boxes. Brats were decent, a little pea salad and beans. After a couple brats, I was stuffed and nodded off. :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a small beef chuck roast thawed and may get a rack of ribs to smome today as I mentioned in Morning thread.  I just like doing ribs...  Good excuse to sit around and have a few and enjoy the day.  May use the chuckie for sandwichs this week.  Not sure how long to do the chuckie so am winging it. 

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Looks great boys!
We did some beef kabobs last night, but it was late and didn't take any pictures.....oh well...
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh boy you guys gotter goin on!! I gotta stop licking my screen and start cooking again!  :bow:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Last but not least Mama's Day salmon. Had enough wood left over in the smoker boxes to give it a subtle hint. A baked tater and homemade key lime ice cream for dessert. Best of all, I should have enough leftovers to go deep into the week.  :happy1:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Man dotch,vthat looks good, wish I could afford that!! :pouty:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Man dotch,vthat looks good, wish I could afford that!! :pouty:

Union thugs can easily afford salmon at 7.99 a pound or so.  That's what it is at Costco anyway.  Was 8.99 for a while.  You don't need the $25 buck copper river stuff to enjoy it. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
            :popcorn:

« Last Edit: May 05/14/18, 07:59:47 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman
KeyLime Icecream?Never thought of that.Them limes must be inseason we got a small bag last week and I made a KeyLime pie. I like em a bit sour so the ole girl whipped up some sweet sweet as in sugar cream for topping
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Can't beat a Key lime pie, IMO. Except maybe, a raspberry cheescake.... :tongue:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: key lime pie on the grill???? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :doah: :smoking:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: :scratch: key lime pie on the grill???? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch: :doah: :smoking:

ya never heard of smoked lemon or limes????   where have ya been!!!!  perfect for a drink!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :doofus: :crazy:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
nope....never heard of it, besides dont you and gunner gotz some issues to work out!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
nope we are good, we just try to keep you up to date!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
nope we are good, we just try to keep you up to date!!!

Boy, that's gonna be a tough job..... :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it will take the whole gang to do it!!! :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
KeyLime Icecream?Never thought of that.Them limes must be inseason we got a small bag last week and I made a KeyLime pie. I like em a bit sour so the ole girl whipped up some sweet sweet as in sugar cream for topping

Had never had it before either. One of the folks who was delivering flowers or something gave it to her I think. Even had the crumbly sugar crust on top. Was mighty tasty.  :happy1:

I splurged on the salmon because Mrs. Cheviot really likes it. Was $9.99/lb. and was a 1.6 lbs. slab. I've seen lamb chops at the same meat counter go for north of $13/lb. so have to keep it in perspective. I hadn't grilled fish for a while either so it was a nice change. Tend to get in a grilling rut making the same stuff all the time. Salmon turned out very moist not dried out like it is sometimes in restaurants. I feel bad for poor glenn tho. Anybody think I should mail him some of dem leftovers?  :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: May 05/14/18, 11:17:20 AM by Dotch »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea your good. Although it he a bunch better than the last thing you mailed me. :confused: :confused: :taz: :taz: :taz: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yea your good. Although it he a bunch better than the last thing you mailed me. :confused: :confused: :taz: :taz: :taz: :rotflmao:

That was a highly functional gardening item, for a master gardener like you!  :happy1:

Offline dew2

• Master Outdoorsman

Had never had it before either. One of the folks who was delivering flowers or something gave it to her I think. Even had the crumbly sugar crust on top. Was mighty tasty.  :happy1:

I splurged on the salmon because Mrs. Cheviot really likes it. Was $9.99/lb. and was a 1.6 lbs. slab. I've seen lamb chops at the same meat counter go for north of $13/lb. so have to keep it in perspective. I hadn't grilled fish for a while either so it was a nice change. Tend to get in a grilling rut making the same stuff all the time. Salmon turned out very moist not dried out like it is sometimes in restaurants. I feel bad for poor glenn tho. Anybody think I should mail him some of dem leftovers?  :rotflmao:
I do think you should mail 57 some left overs!!!! Let em sit out forr a few days first
Keeping America clean and beautiful is a one mans job,Mine

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
On a side note, Fareway foods has big chicken quarters on sale for .77 a lb!   :shocked: Got me a passel of 'em. Glenn should be happy, I will no longer shop at Walmart, home of the empty shelves. THREE weeks in a row....no Ice Mountain water....diet Pepsi.....Diet tea....bugles...smoked ham deli lunch meat....three weeks! To he** with 'em!   :moon:
« Last Edit: May 05/14/18, 01:36:16 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
On a side note, Fareway foods has big chicken quarters on sale for .77 a lb!   :shocked: Got me a passel of 'em. Glenn should be happy, I will no longer shop at Walmart, home of the empty shelves. THREE weeks in a row....no Ice Mountain water....diet Pepsi.....Diet tea....bugles...smoked ham deli lunch meat....three weeks! To he** with 'em!   :moon:
:happy1: :happy1: :bow: :bow: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :dancinred: :blues brothers: :blues brothers: :blues brothers: :rocker; :rocker; :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :kingscourt: :kingscourt: :kingscourt: :snow3: :party3: :party3: :party3: :party3: