Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5034269 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
OUCH...….. have fun deadeye. it took me all of 60 seconds yesterday to take ours down, yep picked up the artificial 2 ft tree, walked it to the spare bedroom, set it on the floor. the wifey can return it to her kid this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! 4 above at choretime heading for a high near 7. Filled the bird feeders after chores & kicked up a couple roosters waiting for me to sprinkle some corn in the plum thicket for them. Headed inside then to warm up with a little oatmeal & some tincture in me coffee. Mikey didn't mention whether or not the neighbor lady was helping to keep him warm. Hmmmmm... :scratch: 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered that too Dotch.  Maybe this furnace thing is a ploy to promote certain extra curricular activities.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I wondered that too Dotch.  Maybe this furnace thing is a ploy to promote certain extra curricular activities.

Great minds think alike... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Great minds think alike... :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:  nope I was home alone fellers..   I did go over to her yesterday afternoon for few hours though!!!!   :happy1: 

but that would have been nice!!!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
See? Now Barry & I have given you some more great advice!  :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
See? Now Barry & I have given you some more great advice!  :happy1: :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Ran into the GFI issue last year when I remodeled the kitchen.  The new fridge (Bosh) tripped the GFI about once a day.  After many calls, a trip out by the repairman, and a lot of research I learned that some new fridges cannot be connected to a GFI circuit.  Turns out some capacitance in the heaters that prevent outside moisture leak enough on startup to trip the GFI.  Strange that so many people from the store, to the repair department weren't aware of that.  Fortunately there was an under cabinet light nearby that I was able to connect to. 

Today starts the Christmas tear down at out house.  The process takes days as there are about 20 tubs, a dozen big boxes just to get a start.

And I thought our 6 tubs and a tree were a lot.   Of course that is with nothing much outside...

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
My shoebox of decorations and fake 2' tree took 60 seconds.

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I left out a 9 foot tree (one large one medium and one bag) inside and multiple blow up stuff out side.  Also numerous outside decorations on the deck and front yard.  On the bright side, I don't put any lights on the front of the house.  Of course my wife makes about 20 pine bow thingies to hang on the lights and various other places.  She starts putting stuff up before Thanksgiving.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Coffee118

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning, merry Christmas and happy new year to all. It’s been awhile between posts but last month I got hacked pretty good. I think the only thing that didn’t get stolen was my SS#. After everything was done it was about $9,000.00 in fraudulent charges but luckily everything was reimbursed, but it was a major pain in the ass. When I go to log on here it says website not secured, I know it’s safe to get on here but I’m a little gun shy logging on to unsecured sites after all the BS u went through. Other than that nothing new over in this part of the country. Time to go make the coffee. Y’all have a good day.
if you kick me when I'm down you better pray I don't get up.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. That sucks Coffee. I know people that have had that happen to them. I dread the day it happens to me. I am sure it is not if it will happen, but more like when it will happen. Not much new here, back to work after a long weekend of fishing. Just another day in paradise. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 14* presently, there looks to be a big warm up coming starting tomorrow for us. Thursday - Monday 38-46* they're sayin. Sorry to hear of the hack job Coffee, figured something was goin on as I knew we hadn't heard from you in quite a while. Glenn was starting to worry ;) as he's gettin low on your Tanzanian blend you send him. At least the bowl games yday were pretty good games unlike the weekends. The Hawkeyes game was especially crazy with the way both teams scored in bunches. We'll be heading back to Austin this afternoon as the new 'fridge will be delivered tomorrow & there's some prep work needed. They'll be pullin an old dead upright freezer up out of her basement(only $35) for us as well. Talk at ya when we get back, have a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, bad deal Coffee, glad ya got it worked out..  good luck Gunner!!  well another day in the books and today I'll find out when I can get a new furnace..  not much else going on here..  have a good day all!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that's a bummer Coffee.  I don't hardly ever say anything or even click on anything on Facebook anymore neither.  Just a click on a like thing there can set things off I think.  I just go and look but don't talk anymore.  May just drop it.  So as I am typing Bob is resting her head on my hands.  She is great...  Well 2 here so warmed up from yesterday.  I have some work to do today but will be fun.  That just means more orders to fill.   Love it!  Today or tomorrow I will get the fish house going again. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning.............back to the grind........starting to look for open weekend to head north at least one more time!!!!!! :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all., and Happy New Year. 13* here so far in Swampville. Been a few quiet last couple days for me. Going over all the stuff that happened during the year. Sure hope it's about 1000% better this year. Man, sorry to hear that, Coffee. That really sucks. Hope yer now on a monitoring/safeguard program. Most insurance companies have it for their customers, or you can do one like Lifelock, but insurance monitoring is cheaper, usually.
I dealt with that in my job, and I'm super careful. Yet, my debit and credit card #s were used in MEXICO somehow..... :confused: So, I feel I gotta throw a few tips out there...I do NOT order over the internet unless absolutely necessary, if they have a phone #, that's the way I go. If you order online, make sure they use SSL technology.
Do NOT give out any personal info on a public or an unsecured site; so easy for anyone to pull that. (Yer OK if it's not personal info)  I've actually pulled info off an unsecured site... :whistling: Make sure you get the green or secure lock icon on website header info. Also, I'm able to freeze my credit and debit cards online (which is how I do all my banking, like most folks now), and my CC stays frozen until I want to use it. I also get an E-mail anytime there's activity over one dollar on all my accts...I can set the parameters for any dollar amount before I get the E-mail. I love that feature. I use Affinity plus Credit Union, they have lotsa neat little alert things/safeguards. Also sign out of yer E-mail when you shut down yer computer, and close all yer apps. And DON'T use the same password for all yer log-ins and never use the same one anywhere that's for yer banking. Also Do NOT do banking in a public area with WiFi, yer just asking for it. My best buddy got creamed for 20G's, and took him forever to get things straightened out. Bad thing was, his SS # was in use everywhere, that was a mess. Stay safe online, guys. OK, I'm off my soapbox now. Hope things stay OK for ya, Coffee. Good luck!
« Last Edit: January 01/02/19, 09:10:19 AM by Rebel SS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' gang! Blistering 14 above at choretime, on its way to a hi in the mid-20's. Weather sounds good for another week yet with no snow. I'm likin' this tractor mounted snow blower purchase thing more all the time. Have to buy another one next winter!  :happy1: About bowl gamed out after yesterday tho. After writing a bunch of copy, I got a great nap in yesterday afternoon switching between games.

Sorry to hear about yer CC issues coffee. Reb's got some great points. Never ceases to amaze me how some are willing to spend countless hours ripping people off when they could be trying to make an honest living. Sad commentary on society. 
« Last Edit: January 01/02/19, 11:39:19 AM by Dotch »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
morning.............back to the grind........starting to look for open weekend to head north at least one more time!!!!!! :pouty:
[/quoteNoooo!!! We don't need any more snow up there for a while. ;) ;D Lookin like Tuesday or Wednesday of next week for us now. Not really expectin to get out :fishing: for a while though. Probably be up through at least mid - March this time, hopefully.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wanna go ice fishing.... :undecided:    :fish2:

Online deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Rebel SS,
One thing you left out that could help preventing a hack.  NEVER list your real birthday on any site, including this one.  Use a fake one as they work just as well on these sites.
Cheers
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
True, Deadeye!  Mine is listed as Jan 1 on all sites....and it sure isn't on Jan. 1st.... ;)
Plus, the basics....have at the very least, one good security program in place on yer computer, with a malware program, too. I have two Malware programs and a top security program. Also use a good anti-virus browser. Get a good encrypted router, too. Makes a big difference. One thing I do NOT like are the pass and swipe or tap 'n go card scanners/credit cards now being used. Speaking of, leave yer CC at home, unless you plan to use it. Can backfire though...it did on me today.  :rolleyes:  Ordered 4 new tires and went to "put them on the card". I had "unfrozen" it before I left, but left it sitting at home. Duh. Went on the Debit card. :censored: Just did the quick online "transfer over" when I got home.
« Last Edit: January 01/02/19, 03:51:50 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
True, Deadeye!  Mine is listed as Jan 1 on all sites....and it sure isn't on Jan. 1st.... ;)
Plus, the basics....have at the very least, one good security program in place on yer computer, with a malware program, too. I have two Malware programs and a top security program. Also use a good anti-virus browser. Get a good encrypted router, too. Makes a big difference. One thing I do NOT like are the pass and swipe or tap 'n go card scanners/credit cards now being used. Speaking of, leave yer CC at home, unless you plan to use it. Can backfire though...it did on me today.  :rolleyes:  Bought 4 new tires and went to "put them on the card". I had "unfrozen" it before I left, but left it sitting at home. Duh. Went on the Debit card. :censored: Just did the quick online "transfer over" when I got home.
why do you need new tires on Mr. Spinkles??????? your neighbor lady is next door unlike Mikey who gotz a 30 mile round trip? :scratch: :scratch: besides it sits in the garage all winter cause it won.............ah never mind!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
O shaddup! Don't you haveta go eat some of Boar's snausage or something??!  :moon:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks for all the good info fellas, that does suck coffee.  They had a little on the news last night that even the kids ss# are getting hacked, and not knowing until they're older...wtf. I spose I better change my b-day date here, I hit the half century mark next week but I'll make it look like yesterday... :happy1: Oh one more thing we use our debit card almost always, gets checked daily, we had two big purchases the same day at the same place, shortly after the 2nd the banks fraud line called.. good to know.
« Last Edit: January 01/02/19, 03:53:05 PM by Bobberineyes »

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
That was my tires, Boob.  It didn't go through.    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
I rely on my E-msg thingie to alert me to card activity, but I still check my acct every other day. The E-msg was what alerted me to a $38 utility charge....WTH?! Nothing's that cheap in CAWchester, especially utilities,so I looked on my acct...it WAS for a utility payment...in Jalisco, Mexico.
I had used my card earlier that day at Home Depot...ain't sayin' anymore....  :angry:
« Last Edit: January 01/02/19, 04:01:19 PM by Rebel SS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
O shaddup! Don't you haveta go eat some of Boar's snausage or something??!  :moon:
naw i aint got it yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :pouty: :pouty:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Me either!!!  :pouty:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
And don't use a debit card unless absolutely positively necessary.   With a credit card you have a number of actual legal rights regarding fraud etc.   A debit card you have the fine print in the issuer's policy and practices...not much in the way of actual legal stuff.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
And don't use a debit card unless absolutely positively necessary.   With a credit card you have a number of actual legal rights regarding fraud etc.   A debit card you have the fine print in the issuer's policy and practices...not much in the way of actual legal stuff.

Sounds to me you need to bank elsewhere.  Actually the wife and I discussed a while back about being that person inline writing an old fashion check, if not use cash. Too many people in a hurry, rip up to the pump put your card in fill and go.cards flying all over the place.