Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4958606 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Can you guys keep it down a bit? I'm trying to rest... ;D

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
why, did you know who wear you out!!!!!!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
da misses says its raining up in cold spring!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And it's raining down here in Swampville!  Bring it on! Work in that fertilizer!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
And it's raining down here in Swampville!  Bring it on! Work in that fertilizer!  :happy1:
hasn't rained much or hard here yet

Hey reb when did you put the fertilizer down?? Does it contain nitrogen.? I was told way more then once that anything with nitrogen in it needs to get worked into the ground within 24 hours!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I put it down Monday, smurfy.  Yes, all lawn fertilizers contain nitrogen...those numbers you see on the bag, like 32-0-4, tell you the amount, N,P,K. NItrogen, Phosphorous, Potassium. It's a standardized code. Absolutely not true about the  getting it into the ground thing. A GOOD fertilizer you can put on wet or dry, and it will slow release the nitrogen over time. Those cheapie ones have such a mix of goofy little pellets/grains, it goes on uneven, doesn't drop right, as the heavier particles settle, and releases too quick. I usually see it clumped up, too.   An old, quickie way to get nitrogen into yer lawn was mixing ammonia and water, that's an old school method, which resulted in a lot of "burned" lawns, which a blast of N will do. I'll bet Dotch can tell us in detail how that works with his knowledge of that stuff. Here's a little quickie primer for ya Smurfy..  ;)

http://www.scotts.com/smg/goART3/Howto/what-you-need-to-know-about-lawn-food/33500009?locale=en_US
« Last Edit: October 10/26/16, 06:34:18 AM by Rebel SS »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
We haven't had a drop of rain yet but it looks like it should be here in minutes and then an all day soak.  I see SW MN had almost 4" of rain.  That is a beautiful part of the state but they sure get hammered with rain at times.  Hope they did not have any of those dangerous landslides like they had before.  Hump day today and already looking forward to the weekend even though I do have to work on Sat.  Oh well...   No Vikes on Sun so can get some things done then.  Well have a good day all....

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I spent quite a few seasons working on a golf course & he's got it pegged. Even the dew will start the slow release of the fertilizer. When the weather got real warm we wouldn't fertilize or if we had to we would use 1 with a much lower first number and/or put it down at a 1/2 rate. Then most of the time we would water it in some so it wouldn't burn. It is 41 here & no rain yet but it's on the way, high in the mid 40's. Nicer(50-55) for Thursday & Friday.The deck is off the new mower &. the blower is on. Have a good day everyone. 
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
It poured like a cow last nite, T-storms, wind, and still coming down. Just checked the rain gauge......2 1/4" ! My windows on the east side are all splatted up, and actually have some leaves plastered to them, so it must have really blown hard. Can't even see the yard, looks like every leaf out there came down last nite. Well, that sure worked in the fertilizer! Supposed to rain all day, too. Keep dry and have a good one guys.

Online Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
mornin, Ive got a bear hind quarter and some pork thawed and Owens BBQ kit coming GONNA MAKE SOME SAUSAGE!!!! wife works all weeknd, whoohoo! maybe fishin, maybe grousin, maybe bowhunting, maybe plastistic on the windows, maybe clean bathroom, gosh so many to pick from. what to do what to do.. have a great gents!!!!
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
Morn'in All!
Been up since 3, so it's almost time for my first coffee break.
Got a few robots to program today, then meetings, then lunch, then class....then...bla bla bla

Yes, Glenn.....when I get home, be back on the stand.
Hopefully it doesn't rain all day...never checked the forecast

Anaway, have a great day!
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin, Ive got a bear hind quarter

Did you know Glenn has a bare hind quarter too? He keeps doing this...  :moon:    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happybounce:

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Going to make some sausage too today Boar.  Venison, pork, and beef Polish sausage.  25 pounds.  See the doctor first about my flu or something.  Coughing up phlem all day.  Bronckitis maybe who knows.  Got to get rid of it before deer camp.  Have a good day guy's.  good luck.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all. I have seen that the nasty colds are going around. Been around a few of the people. I have not got it yet. My luck I will get it about next Wednesday, just in time for deer hunting. Just another day at the salt mines. Thinking the rifle I ordered for the wife will be in today, so we will be making are trip to Roseau tomorrow to pick that up. Have a good day.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin, Ive got a bear hind quarter

Did you know Glenn has a bare hind quarter too? He keeps doing this...  :moon:    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happybounce:
why you good for nuttin  training-087 training-087 :banghead: :banghead: :swords: :swords: :blablabla: :blablabla: :oops1: :sorry: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I put it down Monday, smurfy.  Yes, all lawn fertilizers contain nitrogen...those numbers you see on the bag, like 32-0-4, tell you the amount, N,P,K. NItrogen, Phosphorous, Potassium. It's a standardized code. Absolutely not true about the  getting it into the ground thing. A GOOD fertilizer you can put on wet or dry, and it will slow release the nitrogen over time. Those cheapie ones have such a mix of goofy little pellets/grains, it goes on uneven, doesn't drop right, as the heavier particles settle, and releases too quick. I usually see it clumped up, too.   An old, quickie way to get nitrogen into yer lawn was mixing ammonia and water, that's an old school method, which resulted in a lot of "burned" lawns, which a blast of N will do. I'll bet Dotch can tell us in detail how that works with his knowledge of that stuff. Here's a little quickie primer for ya Smurfy..  ;)

http://www.scotts.com/smg/goART3/Howto/what-you-need-to-know-about-lawn-food/33500009?locale=en_US
oh i'm no spring chicken when it comes to that stuff. i been told this from a guy that farms a huge amount of land just south of marshall. and i be talking lotz of land. he also raises hogs for hormel in iowa i believe.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morn'in All!
Been up since 3, so it's almost time for my first coffee break.
Got a few robots to program today, then meetings, then lunch, then class....then...bla bla bla

Yes, Glenn.....when I get home, be back on the stand.
Hopefully it doesn't rain all day...never checked the forecast

Anaway, have a great day!
go gettem HD!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

morning fellers!!!!!!! soggy day today. well gotta get ready fer a 2 day road trip startin tomorrow. have to be in fargo by 8 am then friday need to be in red wing by 8 am. good thing home is bout half way in between, and can stop for the night and as dotch would say...........let ma paw at me some!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi ya fellas, just gobbled up some broccoli chicken salad something or another for lunch, it was good last night but not so much today. Yepper leaves mulched and yard fed yesterday as well,  a lot of mulching yet so I'll wait a smidgen on seed. One more work day tgen back out to the pheasant fields in sw mn  this weekend, farmers were kicking butt on the corn but not no mo I'm guessing after this rain.  Lunch time just bout up sooooo SEE YA.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a pot of potato-kielbasa soup simmering on the stove right now. Hopefully this will help the throbbin' head and get rid of the crud.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline cookie

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning all , back to the grind for me I help a farmer in the fall and he called Monday. Ish not big on the farming but gotta make a living. Took the dog for a walk through  the woods where I found the scrapes and rubs sunday. He had been back and really worked over the scrape and tore the shi out of a tree Allways kinda cool knowing there was a buck right here with in the last 48 hours. Great time for rattling. Looked for my rattle bag but no luck I may of tossed it. Started pool last night  only won 1 of 4 Ouch. I have a passion for pool so looking forward to playing next week all ready. May hang a stand where I'm seeing that sign .Boat is still in the water , not sure if I will do any more of that fantastic fall  fishing as it has sucked? Did talk to a native down on lower red and he pounded them in 25 feet of water. Every year about the time I get fired up for bow hunting the farmer calls. After bouncing  around in a tractor all day I have no desire to sit in a stand. Oh well I get out for  gun opener. Knocked a few things off the to do list and added more things to get done.
Cookie's on Upper Red Lake
e-mail: cookie16@paulbunyan.net

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hi ya fellas, just gobbled up some broccoli chicken salad something or another for lunch, it was good last night but not so much today. Yepper leaves mulched and yard fed yesterday as well,  a lot of mulching yet so I'll wait a smidgen on seed. One more work day tgen back out to the pheasant fields in sw mn  this weekend, farmers were kicking butt on the corn but not no mo I'm guessing after this rain.  Lunch time just bout up sooooo SEE YA.

Expect to see some pheasant on the grill pics soon.....with the other goodies ya always have in the pan!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I have a pot of potato-kielbasa soup simmering on the stove right now. Hopefully this will help the throbbin' head and get rid of the crud.
tequila should work too!!!!!!!! since we are on the mexican word of the day kick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
For din-din it's sriracha chicken drumsticks. Good ol' Delbert's favorite sauce.  ;D  Say, where is Delmonaco lately?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
For din-din it's sriracha chicken drumsticks. Good ol' Delbert's favorite sauce.  ;D  Say, where is Delmonaco lately?
i thought he mighta been with you helpin ya get better????????????

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I'm doing just fine! Had a bowl of that 'tato-sausage soup for lunch, and as soon as the pumpkin spice bread cools down..... ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Well, this morning I was at the dentist looking at what to do about a molar (with a crown ) that broke off square,  even with the gum line yesterday.  I was in the cities for a funeral, when it broke.

Looks like oral surgery and an implant. good news is no hurry so I can sign up for some dental insurance  and do it after the new year.

But like 4 grand down the tube.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Been there, done that...two years ago. NOT FUN!!!  Piece of tooth started to regrow. Had to go back in and actually cut out part of jawbone. While laying back in chair. *POUNDA*POUNDA*RAT*A*TAT*TAT* They try to kill ya, Delbert!! Passed on the implant. Now that empty spot back there drives me nuts. Might haveta superglue a hex-head in there.  ;)

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought about superglueing the tooth back in.  Figured it wouldn't hold.   

I hear you, those implants cost a bundle.   

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I thought about superglueing the tooth back in.  Figured it wouldn't hold.   

I hear you, those implants cost a bundle.
use J-B weld Del.............much better product then super glue!!!!!!!!!!! ;) :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe you should put some on yer upper and lower lip, then pucker up!!!    :moon:    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: