Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5334552 times)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep, here also. The last group just left, but looking forward to next weekend with tge kiddos and there animals coming back for another sleep over. We were talking perhaps a prime rib with king crab legs and some scallops at this point. I'm off all week so looks like shopping is what I'll be doing.

I'm in Pops!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

sounds like a great menu!!!  :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. -9 here and supposed to get up to 8 today. 20s here tomorrow. That will feel nice. I am doing the LPS thing today. The wife is getting ready for work and I am laying in bed. I did get up and make her coffee and her lunch though. I will go ice fishing today. Plan to be out there before the sun comes up this morning. Well, you boys have a good one.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, -3 last I looked and should see 5 today..  lots of great looking meals fellas!!!   watched a show last night, Jess Dunham: me the people..   was it ever great!!!  if ya can catch do so!!   have a good day all!!    :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  -3 here at the moment.  A couple of things JB.  I don't make the wife's lunch and I won't be at my fishhouse before daylight.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  You have the whole week off don't you?  Good for you.  I  think it is dog toenail trimming day today.  They are getting kind of sharp when they jump on the chair with me.  May even change the water filter.  That's a big day.  LOL Coffee is good, company is good with the wife home and Bob is on my lap.  Life is good! 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas,  was 6 above when I got up now it's 2. Not much on the planner for today, momma wants to go to Slyvee and Costco after a bit is about it. Good luck fishin fellas!!  See ya!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I make the wife her coffee too. Last year on the Friday before deer season. I was at deer camp the night before. Well, the wife was at work checking in the chip guy and she well tell him all the stuff she had to remember to do that morning that I would normally do. He says to her. He does all that for you? Then he said you are spoiled, no you are f____ing spoiled.  :rotflmao: Boy did we laugh about that when she told me. Funny thing is the main reason I started doing all that was so when we ride to work together I can get her out of the house on time. So really it is more about me. :happy1:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 6 above at 4 a.m., 3 at choretime & has fallen to 0. Another 3" or so of new snow so was glad I decided to wait so I could clean it all up at once. The blower should handle most of it easily but will have to slow down & take smaller bites on the harder deeper drifts. The biggest pain is getting vehicles cleaned off & out of the way. I'll need to clean out around the mailbox too. Doesn't take a long time but the skidsteer takes a while to warm up & you freeze your asset off while doing it. Momma will have lunch made for me by then. Oh wait, I gotta do that too... :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Completely understand JB.  I have been getting coffee ready to just hit the switch on weekends for the wife who usually gets up early.  During the week we do the Kuerig thing ourselves. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Had a great time with family yesterday. Good times, great eats. Need to plow off about an inch and half to two inches out of the driveway and yard and then load up snowmobile and head to the oldest son's place to go for a ride this afternoon to see if everything still works. We may head up to deer camp next weekend for three days of riding. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..with no truck delivery got done early!!!! get some up north stuff together...maybe even a nap!!!!!!!!!! :happy1:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 10 above this morning and heading for 20 today. Snowing out right now. Sounds like may hit 30 tomorrow. Amazing how warm it can feel when it gets above zero after being cold for so long. Well fishing was a ruff one yesterday. Had steady action all day. Lots of little ones, some keepers, one slot fish and big Robert. But the ruffest time of all was when I set the hook on a big one and my pole snapped in 2.  :pouty: It was a custom made pole that a friend made me a couple years ago. I had to ask him if it came with a lifetime warranty.  :rotflmao: Well smoking some venny roast is on the agenda for today. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all 10 above here too!!   and hoping for the upper 20's too!!   wow you must have really set the hook on that fish JB!!!  good luck on getting a replacement!!  got a few things to do today soo I'll just putz along with them..    have a good day all..   :happy1:

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, back in the southland & it's 5, heading for 24. :scratch: Well, the roads weren't very good going either direction, so it took us an extra 20-30 minutes each time. A lot of wind, whiteouts, with some serious driftng out by Sis's place on the way up. Coming home there was alot of snowpacked areas that were kind of slick. Got home about 10 yday & had ~ 3" of some pretty crusty stuff to move. :rolleyes: No big plans for today yet. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man JB must have had a big one on.  Snowing some here but supposed to end soon.  I will have to fire the plow up and clean things up around here today. The deck needs attention too.  Will do a run to town for some groceries too.  Hope all goes well for all of us today. 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
That stinks jb, mornin peoples 13 at the moment headin for the 20's. Gotta get the pick em up in fer a recall, momma will come get me and sounds like we're doing some shopping also lps. Gots a Dr. appt little later on is about it. Best run....See ya!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.....it was 13 on the up side of 0 this morning!!!! :happy1: :happy1: it'll be a Gunner, Mikey, LPS kinda day here!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:

c'mon JB....tell us the truth...ya stumbled over empty beer cans then stepped on your rod, didnt ya!!!!!!!!!!  :doah: :scratch: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: so you didnt see or get the monster fish???

mayhaps LPS can order one on Amazon fer ya!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Glenn I have been wondering who won the battle for the best spot in the bed, the wife or Shadow?

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Did about a 50 mile run yesterday on the sleds. Nothing broke so I should be good for next weekend. I think I should try to rake off as much snow from the roof as I can and then give it a ride with the blower today. Have a great day all, later... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
So JB.....Did you hand line in the bugger and make it pay for it's indiscretion???

:thumbs: :thumbs:
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
No, I started to hand line it in and it got off. A few minutes after that my other poke went down and that was a really big one too. Thinking it was the same one. I had it getting close to the hole and that got off too just below the ice. Did not get to see it. The way it was fighting I almost think it was grandpa Robert. Or it was big walleye head shakes. Guess I will never know. :confused:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
So Glenn I have been wondering who won the battle for the best spot in the bed, the wife or Shadow?

Well who won?

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: i think its a tie............sometimes the wife wins........ sometimes shadow!!!!!! and sometimes i get the short end of the deal!!!!!! :pouty: :rotflmao:

the wife usually wins when we first hit the sack, but when she gets up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom.........shadow takes over..........and moving him is impossible for her!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Well who won?

he's on the couch!!!   Shadow and the wife got his bed so I heard!!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wondered about that.  :happy1: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Well who won?

he's on the couch!!!   Shadow and the wife got his bed so I heard!!!
:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! -7 for an overnight low, 10 at choretime, 16 presently, heading for a high in the upper 20's. Strong south wind, gusting to 30 mph. Got the yard all blown out yesterday but need to work on the lots today. Was enough shoveling involved so I snuck a glenn nap in yesterday afternoon. Might make a trip into town to get some groceries & sign the guest book at the office later.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
damn, spent a little time outside.......winds got a bite to it.  :doah:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
so.....i got a question for you guys that smoked then quit..........i'm 30-31 days inti it. how long did it take before you got over this....screw it and startrd again?

i tell ya some days are a breeze and the next its like screw it i enjoyed it and i'm gonna start back up again!!!!!!! :confused: :banghead: :banghead:

i may need an intervention!!!!! :doah: :rotflmao:

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I quit once in my life. Man up and stick to it. If you made it a month you have it made, the only thing that will stop you now is you. Keep drinking water, lots & lots of water, it flushes the nicotine out of the system. Although I suspect the nicotine is about gone, now it's all MENTAL.

DO NOT bring any beer or alcohol up North with you. Not drinking for another 30 days is much easier than quitting smoking.

You got this, only doing something dumb will prevent you from making it at this point.

Congratulations Glenn!!!!    :bow:   :bow:
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yup yer at the mental issue now...  the crap should be out your system...  just stay with positive thoughts...  continued good luck to ya!!!