Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 4961770 times)

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Safe travels Glenn and Mark. Ya, bit foggy up here too.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! Was 36 earlier, down to 34 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. .03" of rain overnight at the ranch. Helping the wife with wedding garbage this a.m. then hauling Poppy to the vet for the last of her puppy shots after lunch. Got her toenails trimmed up & brushed her behind out where she was shedding some of her puppy fuzz. Makes my nose itch just thinking about it. Have fun all!
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
:scratch: Yeah mike, MnDOT says a good share of Mn 6 is not the best & that's his usual route. A couple sections are even being reported as icy. :rolleyes: Hope he takes it easy.
mndot is wrong. Hwy 6 is in good shape. To deer river anyway.

Even did my good deed for the day. Turning off 6 onto cty road 11, the deer river shortcut, I yanked a car outta da snowbank  :happy1: see I am a nice guy!!👍
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, there's a road camera down near Emily & that looks good now to me too. Never checked any cameras early today. What about DR north? That stretch is still pink too, no cameras there.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Been awhile since I was at Costco,  momma and I picked up the main dish fir New years which I didn't get the prime rib. Lobster tails, king crab legs n scallops (that cost us enough).  Swang into the liquor there and low and behold they sell the good beer now!! 36 packs of Busch lite Glenn! 27 something before taxes, not bad!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Yeah, there's a road camera down near Emily & that looks good now to me too. Never checked any cameras early today. What about DR north? That stretch is still pink too, no cameras there.
that was good to.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 8 above here heading for a high of 13 today. Most the gang showed up around 5ish yesterday evening, 2 more coming today. Pulled the 2 big houses out last night. So fish fish fish will be the drill for a couple days. About it from here. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, it's 18 for our start & we're headed towards 25. There was a lot melting going on here yday as I think we hit 40. I even cleaned off most of the driveway before going to HH yday. Rain & freezing rain to start next week though. :rolleyes: No more now, have a great day!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We had sleet coming down yesterday afternoon and no snow overnight.  It is 10 now.  Better than the 0 they forecasted. Will do some recycling today and better bring some hay to the horses.  Then just try to stay out of trouble.  Have a good one. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers. 9 above here. Waiting for more daylight. Biggest decision I got today is do I sit in the spear shack all day or set up for crappie this afternoon. :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, slept in some today and felt good!!!  11 here and might see 17 today..   gotz lots done around here yesterday so today will be slower I'm thinking, not much to do!!   well it's the last Friday of 2022, enjoy it!!!    :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 16 at choretime heading for a high in the low 20's here in the land of rocks and cows. A light dusting of snow overnight. Gotta make the trek into the office to get the mail, do some banking & pay some bills. Then I need to feed the gals arriving to help the wife finish her decorating stuff for the wedding. Hopefully I can go hide in the tractor for part of the afternoon. Still need to shove/blow some out of the way after being conned into helping the wife yesterday. Be glad when she gets out of here tomorrow so someone else can take care of her for a day. I have enough problems of my own.
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
did ya get out of the wedding??   hope so for your sake!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 19 at the moment going for can't remember.  Dusting of snow overnight yep that was enough for the plow to pile on the salt...hate that stuff. The city tells us to use minimal salt, but they get to dump as much as they want??? I idled down to the car wash cuz the truck was bad and idled back, put it in the garage where it can sit a few days. Think I'll fill the basement with more wood for a new years eve gathering...See ya!!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
did ya get out of the wedding??   hope so for your sake!!!    :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:

I did, sort of. Her friends will have to deal with her tomorrow and tomorrow nite, but then I have to pick her up sometime on Sunday, I think. I doubt very much one of them will drive all the way back up here from Decorah with her. Another one of those little, "Oh, by the way" last minute bombs she loves to drop on me. I didn't realize I was going to have to help her yesterday either until the last minute. I thought her friends were coming up to help her with all that crap. Catches me off guard and unable to make or keep any plans much of the time. And she wonders why I get pissy about it especially when some of the things I want to get done don't seem to matter until the last minute. Then I'm out effin' around in a blizzard trying to get it done.  :doah:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, we have 24 & gonna reach 35 later. I see a little snow around noon in the forecast too. Got a couple errands to run early today, then it'll be time for some football as the Hawks play at 11. The CFP games start at 3 too. 'Bout it here, hopin your Saturday's a good 1.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 23 here and hope to see 31 today..   last day of 2022, get it on!!!  where does time go sometimes!!!  oh well!!  got plenty done yesterday so today will be just a do what is needed day I think..  I like that!!  good way to end the year...    have a great day all!!!   and stay safe!!!!!  :happy1:

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers.. day 2 in the spear shack. Till noon anyway then gonna set up another house and try and get some crappie.

Warmed up over night. Was 0 when I crashed 13 now.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  12 here.  We were going to go to the Falls to do hit Big M but not sure now.  I have a sore throat.  Maybe coffee will clear it up.  Pretty dry in the house with the furnace running.  Maybe that's what it is.  ??  Went and picked up our live lobsters yesterday.  Will have them tonight or tomorrow.  We shall see.  Also have a ribeye in the frig that needs to be eaten.  Good problem to have.  Maybe ribeye tonight and lobster tomorrow night.  Would do both but each is a meal for us.  Well stay out of trouble and be safe tonight. 

Online KEN W

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Conservative on some things...Liberal on others."
Mornin.....14 here this morning. Going up to about 30 today. My family is here for our side of Christmas. 16 of us. They all went to the other side last weekend.
Conservative on some things.....Liberal on others.....Sane most of the time.

Only the best Packers get to be Vikings.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey LPS ya going to watch KARE 11 tonight???  "Miley's new years eve party" will be on!!!  930 it starts!!!

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey thanks for the reminder.  She is looking pretty darn hot in that commercial with Dolly Parton.   :sleazy:

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples,  not sure if I can handle Miley.  26 at the moment but trees look real frosty. They been yappin of another plowable storm Monday and Tuesday,  we'll see I guess.  Looking forward to today, the kids n animals will be coming,  have some great finger food lined up for earlier in the day then the seafood for later. Probably check out the Wild game at 5 and go from there. Best get more coffee....See ya!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Hey Bobber me too, Dolly is the only saving grace there!!!   

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 26 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-30's. Saw the sun peek under the lip of the cloud deck as Poppy & I were heading in from the barn. Got the wife loaded into her friend's car with all the wedding flowers & other assorted junk a little bit ago. Time to sit a spell in the oval office then scare up some breakfast. Have to see what transpires after that. I could see a nap happening later on. This is the 1st day since Nov. 13th that I haven't been the nurse on call. Nice to exhale for a moment. Have some chicky thighs I should get thawed out for tonite. Wife is not a chicken fan so good time to grill 'em. Lotsa leftovers. :happy1:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
You alwaysvget all the chunky thighs.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 22 here and that is the high today..  sounds like some snow again this week..  had a good day yesterday and did go to HH for a bit... didn't see the new year roll over us though..  normal evening to bed..   have a good day all!!   

Happy New Year to all!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 21 & on our way to 33, I'm hearin. :scratch: Real foggy too. No HH for me, but I did see midnight though. Watched some good football games & hopin to do the same today. Got a little runnin to do but that's it. Have a good day.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning fellers, 23 here and talking foggy and freezing drizzle, that's ok ain't going nowhere anyhow cept to the fishhouse.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Did about 50 miles Friday and a 100 yesterday. Stopped in Huntersville for a cold one yesterday. Guess some other folks had the same idea. Later…
mm