Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5459203 times)

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
They do have a rental outfit in GR. I’ve got too many projects in line to get excited over it right now. When (if) I ever get caught up it would be a rental project.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning all.  Temp dropped over night to 41 and headed to low 70s.   But at least that wind died down.  Not a lot planned for the day really.   Might slip out and chase some crappie for a bit this afternoon.  Yard looks like I need to mow again.....maybe it will just wail.  Have a great day All.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 48 here and going to 72 today..   going to be a nice day!!!   didn't mow yesterday so for sure today...  got a few other small things to do also...  then relax and enjoy the weather!!!   have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 47 here @ 1st peek & lookin for 72 to be the high. We ran into a snag yday when we started our project, so we made a run to town. Then we had the lake association fish fry at 5, so not much got done here yday. Going to start with yday's project & if that goes well, try to do a little mowing later. No more now, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
WOW!  did the Fairfax area get rain!!   8 to 10 inches in a very short time!!!   crazy!!! 

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Not a drop of rain in Big Lake yesterday.  :confused:

Scenic, In all my years of fishing I have only once experienced that odd phenomenon you mentioned. About 4 years ago fishing with my son and we both started getting shocks and sparks could be seen. There were storm clouds in the distance but at first we didn't make the connection. No lightning but that weird feeling. It got worse until one of us said "something is wrong" and we bolted for shore.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Man that is a lot of rain.  Will watch for it on the news.  It was 44 when I fed Cooper and is 56 and sunny with no wind.  We sat out with our coffee and in the sun it was too hot to handle so back in my easy chair.  Got all of that birch and popple split and stacked yesterday.  Good to have that done.  Now will attack a willow that fell in our trail.  Then finally process that huge ash tree.  Today the guy should be showing up to look at the horse stuff I don't use anymore.  Hope he wants it all.  So NAPA reopened here.  Was closed for a few months.  Got a coupon in the mail for $50 off any purchase over $100. Great time to get the new battery for the WD.  It was still $154 after the $50 off.  !!!!   I usually go to Auto Value across the road.  I called Travis there and he said the battery there would have been $137 regular price.  I got hosed at NAPA.  Will probably not go back there now that I know how they operate.  Live and learn.  Well you all have a great day!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......dang it got chilly last night sitting on the deck..........ended up closing a few windows!!! wife said she was getting ice cycles in her nose!!!!!!! :doah: :bonk: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

thought we had a slim chance of rain yesterday.......but no go!!!!!!!!! :banghead: training-087 so i need to water this morning before the grad party. also looks like my wife is going to need her kid to come and water next week while i'm gone......hope they dont kill my garden!!!!!!! :shocked: :rotflmao:

work on loading stuff for the cabin some today too!!!!!! tomorroww hope its a small load at  the store so i can skidaddle to the cabin earlier!!!! :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Morning! Not much accomolished yesterday. Got some inkntherapy, and some grocieries bought, sold a car, so now wer back down to 3 and more managable. Today is a worj day. Took mybtracks of the wheeler friday and put wheels back on. Love that option. Have a good day
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 52 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. Diddly squat for rain. A few sprinkles in the afternoon when scouting fields and last night while I was grilling brats. Lots done yesterday including cleaning up the house, making a feed run, & mowing the front part of the yard. More on tap today with spraying pasture fence at home, getting fence up and running at the kindly neighbor's, getting a trailer full of hay and going to a graduation. Need to clone myself so I can get all this stuff done. Trying to give Poppy some "people" time too. She's wound up with this cooler weather. Did dozens of zoomies around the couch after I found one of her missing toys. 
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Took three hours on the nose to get camper home from leech. Ran about 64 mph and gained another .10 on the mpg meter. So I’m thinking some fresh walleye is the ticket for supper tonight. Got to get it unloaded and the tank dumped, later…. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
well got the granddaughters grad party out of the way.......... great turnout good food and company. great weather for an outdoor function.

1 more to go in 2 weeks. got pretty much everything i can load tonight loaded  :happy1: i can tell there aint no women going......i still have all kinds of room in the truck!!!!!!! :evil: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i even got my duffle bag of clothes in already!!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao: :bonk: :bonk:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, good to hear I think Glenn??   53 here and going towards 80 they say...   and no H20 in the near forecast..   got a few things to do today but not mowing..   got that done yesterday..  keeps up the way it's going mowing will be a thing of the past...  have a good day all...

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Didn't get to eat the walleyes last night, but they're definitely going for a swim in some hot oil tonight. Headed to the trap range at noon for the first of four or five shifts (maybe more) for me in the MDHA booth during the high school trap shoot. Anyone driving by Alex on I-94 in the next nine days look to the South when close to the rest area. You'll get to see 100 kids shooting all at the same time. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  That is great that you do that Mark.  That is a lot of kids having a good time.  Took it pretty easy yesterday other than sweeping the garage out.  The Twins game was fun till the end.  Think I will cut some willow today and put it in the big burn pile in the pasture.  Have a good one.

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. We made it home from Buffalo about 10 last night. We left there at 4 pm. Not sure why the wife took her sweet time. But she is the one that had to go to work this morning. Funny Mark you mentioned you gained some mpg gain yesterday. I gained 1 mpg coming home yesterday and that was doing the same speed as going down. Not sure what is all on my agenda for today. We had a good time at the Grandson's graduation. He liked his new shotgun. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 56 at choretime although it got down as low as 43. heading for a high in the mid-70's. Very nice September weather we've been having. Got my hay yesterday, mowed El Capitan, then made a graduation. After that a 4-H kid came over and we caught a lamb for her to get acquainted with. This a.m., got a bunch of paperwork done, did some billing, made it to the bank and it's getting to be almost lunch time. Look at some of the later planted beans after lunch & see where we wind up.
« Last Edit: June 06/12/23, 12:08:38 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 55 now & we're headed for 83, they're sayin. So nice yday early that I went out  :fishing: after breakfast & got 1 eye, but it was too big (17.5"). Pretty breezy when I went out again ~ 5 but still nice temp wise, 1 northern that time. Kept him but decided he was too skinny a little later. I finished the last of my mowing yday too. Today's project is the get canopy on the lift, which shouldn't be too hard. 'Bout it here, hopin your Tuesday's a good 1.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 58 here and going for the mid 80's today and the rest of this week...   warm days are ahead...  got a few things going on and a couple errands to run to...   busy morning for sure...   have a good day!!!   

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Well it's Range Safety Officer day for me at trap shoot today and tomorrow. Pretty much drive around in a golf cart and watch kids shoot. Make sure they're not doing anything that can someone hurt more or less.
  JB, on that mileage thing the only thing I did different coming home was to key up the speed from 62 to 64 and had a 10mph tailwind. Had a bit of a tailwind on the way up there on Friday too. I was pretty happy with that pulling a 6,000 pound camper. Have a great day all, later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  55 here and up to 85 today.  76 for the high tomorrow.  Mowed up on the hill yesterday evening.  Hasn't been mowed for 2 years since the high water had the gully full of water.  There was popple that was 8' tall and we just plowed through it and mowed it all.  The mower never even changed rpms.  Pretty impressive.  Fun as heck.  Headed up to see JB today and deliver his xbow.  I sold him mine.  Will be a fun road trip. 

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 here currently and heading for 80s. Nice calm morning so far. Yup we are getting a xbow today. It will be fun to visit with LPS today. It was so nice out last night I went and fished off of the dock about 6:30pm. I managed to catch 1 small pike and a 15" walleye. I was pretty tickled for 2 hours of fishing. I will be getting some more of that in. Hopefully try again this evening. Have a good one boys.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. After a couple cooler days it's back to summer again. Hopefully we get some rain out of the system coming thru Friday-Saturday. Not that we're hurting yet, it'd just be nice for it to show us it still knows how without washing everything into the Le Sueur River. That & I'm getting tired of watering everything every couple days. Well, best get at it. Copy's written, fields to look at then an appt. with the accountant later. Fun never stops.
« Last Edit: June 06/13/23, 03:10:14 PM by Dotch »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well it's been a busy day so far...   started yesterday afternoon, I/we loaded up my new to me 2004 Harley in a trailer..  I found a serious fuel leak at the tank..  I knew the tires were so/so...  so the shop got it this morning, without an appointment...  all I said was call me when it's done...   go thru the whole bike...   got home and took the bike trailer back to my friend.   then went and got an aluminum trailer to haul my mower to the dealer..  been talking to them the couple weeks..  I knew the deck was mucked up and the last time it was there the mechanic then said it was fine...   today in less than 2 minutes the new guy had it all figured out....   3 weeks out to repair...   I was also talking trade in...  they gave a me a fair price so I came with a new mower...   now I can relax!!!!   and wait to see what bills come up next!!!!   the stuff we do to have fun!!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
So what kinda mow lawner ya get Mike? Afternoon peoples,  we arrived lakeside late mornin Sunday,  cut grass most of the afternoon til I decided the cooler was looking a little full.. havnt done much fer fishin yet but that'll change with the kids coming tomorrow.  The skeeters are flat out NASTY early and late in the day. Anywho headed in to Willma this morning for more project stuff and groceries,  think that town could shut down after we left..lol. Nice breeze coming of da lake, I better get that cooler within arms reach..See ya!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
stayed with Husqvarna, they have been good for me for several years...   

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Well boys. The smoke is sure thick here. I didn't even notice is was getting that thick. After Barry was here I ate some lunch and then I went and buried my nose in the Traverse. I was able to lean of the front and dive in to replace the fuel injectors. That finally cured the problem it was having. It is purring like a kitten at the milk pail now. It has been over a month and a half since it was running. It sure feels good to have that off of my mind now.
« Last Edit: June 06/13/23, 10:06:18 PM by Jerkbiat »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
No rain here JB but I have not felt up to 100% the last 2 or 3 days.  I think it is the smoke.  I hit it hard for a few days so was out in in it more and maybe that is catching up with me. 

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
smoke is rolling in here too...   nasty stuff....

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
time to shut the puter off