Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5458498 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 49 here & headed for 72, they're sayin. Not sure we made 70 here yday, either. I was putting some clothes on the line & just a little after 7:00 3 pickups came down the driveway. They got right after it, so the cement probably isn't too far behind 'em again today. We are running low on some supplies so we're headed to GR this morning. We may have to wait a bit to get down the driveway though. :scratch: 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
have fun picking up the pup LPS!!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Good luck on your cement pour.  Like Scenic said it is fun to watch guys that are good at their job accomplish things. 

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. Lotsa smoke this a.m. Maybe not as much as points north but you can smell it. Almost smelled like we had a wood burner going in the house when I got up. Get payroll done and maybe traipse around some fields a while before heading to Waseca for a cruise in the Stude tonite. Haven't had a lot of chances to get it out with all the fun and games this spring and early summer. Think it's full of gas so check the oil, dust it off and we're ready to go.   
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin forum fellas 63 and more haze. The kid and I went out throwing spinnerbaits around, found alot of bass and a couple pike, the kid had probably a mid 30's to the boat got off, nice fish! Probably hit a different shoreline next time. Boy the fly trap is filling up, been out for 4 days. Anywho best quit blogging and get something done....See Ya!     Oh ya gunner,  hopefully Glenn doesn't sneak over and scratch his initials in da concrete!!!  :tut:

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Good Morning. Today is the first day this bad air has really bothered me. It seems a bit better than it did early this morning.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it seems to be getting better here... 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well we are home with Jake.  As we drove south to Pine River the smoke got worse as we headed south.  It is a little hazy here at home but not bad.  He is a little guy.  I will take some pics of him.  He is smaller than Cooper was when we got him.  May be a week younger and may have been the runt, who knows.  He is a cutie though.  Took awhile before he settled down and napped on the way home. 

Online roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds fun Barry. I've been without since my dog passed nearly two years ago. Maybe when I retire.....

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I will be 69 so Jake will be our last dog.  Terrible getting old isn't it?  I try to block it out and sometimes it works.  Sometimes it doesn't.  LOL

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
69? Chit you'll be in diapers again while he's in his prime..lol. just fooling,  good luck!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 52 here and supposed to make mid 70s today it says. The wind and lake have laid down. The wife cut the grass yesterday and it was really tall. So my project is to hobble around and take it into piles later. Hopefully the lake stays calm and I can wet a line off of the dock again. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 47 here and and going for 77 today...  I did get an almost 80 mile bike ride in yesterday, just cool enough to wear a jacket too..  I have not had a dog since the last one passed away 7 years ago...  decided I was OK that way...  had them all my life too...  have a good day all!!   

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 50 here & we're on our way to 74. Only 1 guy with a trowel left here by ~ 8 yday when we went to town. The rest were over at the neighbor's place. Had a few stops in town & with a little lunch we didn't get back out here until a bit before 2. Got a couple little things for early today, then I might see if the boat still runs. ;) No more now, have a good 1.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Short break from trap shoot this morning. Don't have to be there today until 11:30. Alex kids shoot tomorrow, that will be a long day. In the MDHA booth we've meet a ton of very well polite and behaved kids so far this week. We always say "good morning" and ask how they they shot and they always respond in a good, positive way. Now one coach I ran into Tuesday morning doing the RSO thing is a different story. Hope to have some pictures soon for everyone. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  A nice cool 50's morning.  Lots of dew on the grass.  Was going to take more Jake pics but didn't want you all to see how long the grass is.  Hoping the wife will mow whilst I cut some firewood.  ????  I now have a cut by one eyebrow, one on my ample nose.  Those claws are sharp and so are his teeth.  We are still smiling about our new pup.  Thanks a lot Bobb.  Just had an image of me in diapers.  Didn't like it.  LOLOL   Should have dropped him off at Dotch's for a month and have him and Poppy round him out a bit for us.  He has pooped or peed every time we have brought him outside.  No accidents in the house yet.  Great start so far.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
PS:  The wife took a few days off to be the lead on this pup project.   :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
PS:  The wife took a few days off to be the lead on this pup project.   :happy1:

sooo yer saying she wants him trained right???    Glenn said to ask!!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That pretty much sums it up Mike.  Cooper is so close to me that she is hoping Jake will be her baby.  I am home every day so we shall see.  Cooper loves her too. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
From Tuesday. Click on them to enlarge.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 06/16/23, 09:38:38 AM by markn »
mm

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 50 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Downright comfortable & not as much smoke. Got the car club debacle out of the way last nite. The 80 yr. old secretary sent out an email telling us to meet in Bugtussle at 5:30 for a cruise to Waseca, make a loop around Clear Lake, then have supper & a meeting at Barney's drive-in at 6. Trouble is, he also called a bunch of club members, told them to meet in town at 6:30 & we'd eat at 7! Those of us who gathered at 5:30 took off for Waseca about 5:45, sans secretary, wondering where everybody was. Saw one guy heading to town while the rest of us were on our way to Waseca. We finally got ahold of the secretary (has no cell phone; imagine that) & figured it out. Turned out disjointed. However, the new owners were friendly, food was decent & service was good. One wet blanket club member had seen complaints about the service on Fakebook & made sure everyone knew about it. Glad the new owners proved him wrong. He's the same guy who whines that we drive too fast on cruises. Our tour leader hits the sweet spot on my '59 Stude at 55 - 60 mph. The whiner should have no problem keeping up in his '69 Nova with the higher speed rear end he put in it. It's a cruise not a funeral procession.  :rolleyes:

Good luck with Jake, Barry! There are no friendlier dogs and sounds/looks like he's having fun in his new home. Poppy was supposed to be the "her" dog, too, as the Borders always gravitated my direction. Probably because I gave them consistent commands and reinforced them, rather than taking their crap and whining at them.  :doah:   
« Last Edit: June 06/16/23, 10:16:50 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Sounds like a challenge logistically on your car club deals Dotch but it sounds like a good time.  Yes we both deal with the dogs differently and at times they want to know how it is supposed to be. 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 here and supposed to make 73 today. About what it made it to yesterday. Slight chance of rain here this morning. Barely any wind. Couldn't sleep this morning, been awake since a little after 4.  :confused: I got the grass clippings all rake into piles yesterday afternoon. Now the wife just needs to pick up the piles. Not sure what's on the agenda for today. Would like to get some grass seed down where the winter killed it. May also go for a cruise down in Betrami forest later to. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 60 here and heading to the upper 70's today..   saying rain NW of here...    maybe we will get some...   got a few things done yesterday have the same agenda for today..  maybe fire up the smoker too...   have a good day all!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  58 and calm here.  They are saying chance of T storms throughout the day.  Glad I got everything mowed yesterday.  SO I come into the front room where Jake has a little pen with his kennel in it, the wife and Cooper are sitting there and I am talking away as how is everyone.  I look and here the wife is trying not to laugh and has her finger up to her lips giving me the shhh sign.  LOLOL   We both laugh and I said I am not very good at this am I?  She said no you aren't.  LOL  The baby is sleeping.  Well yesterday we were relieved to see Cooper really having fun with Jake.  He brought a stick and laid by him and let Jake jump on him and the stick and then he would run with it so Jake would chase him.  Pretty small yet but it was fun to watch.  I think we will be just fine.  Still hasn't pooped or peed inside.  The wife said he was whining about midnight and she took him outside where he did both things.  That is great!  He's a keeper.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 59 at 1st glance here & we might hit 80, 79 forecasted. Might've gotten a few sprinkles already but done by 7:30, they're sayin. The radar shows some more ~ 10:30-11 AM too. Our best chance is after midnight according to the hourly. Went :fishing: yday that turned more into a boat ride, pretty nice out there though. Our dock was too far out of the water, so I lowered that. Neighbor says his lift has the lake down 10" since we put it in. :rolleyes: Probably try to squeeze in a little boat time early again today, & after that............ :scratch: 'Bout it here, have a great day.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the lower 80's. Promising us a little rain tonite but not holding my breath. Getting to be like Lucy holding the football for Charlie Brown to kick. Doesn't happen. Poppy and I got the birdfeeders cleaned and filled earlier this morning along with surveying the garden. On my way to get the electric fence up and operating at the neighbor's. Hopefully get some sheep in the pasture tomorrow. Wanted to get there a long time ago but this spring was such a trainwreck after the heavy rains the earlier part of May. Neighbor Jon got our round bales put in place yesterday. Best get at it. At least there's a breeze so it should help keep the bugs off some. 
« Last Edit: June 06/17/23, 03:49:12 PM by Dotch »

Online Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Afternoon peoples, 81 and back in town after a week. Kinda nice coming home a day early after a week shot, flowers and garden is watered, Boy the grass sure could use some moisture also, getting kinda crunchy.  The kid and I  sure had fun fishin, only went out in the mornings but got few more upgrades waiting fer a rainy day..lol. Might hafta take a peek at the forecast,  if I give the pick em up a bubble bath it'll rain for sure! Best run...See ya!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers......back in town also a day earlier them planned.............i got some fish pictures i'll post later......... to much to do.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man you have a lot of energy Bobb.  Good for you.  Great that you and the son have so much fun together.