Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5159111 times)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers......back in Cold Spring. cenex wanted there money for propane......friggin debit card expired so it was denied......headed down there shortly.  :crazy:

the coppers were out in force today on the way home......fortunately i didnt donate to there cause!!!! :happy1: :sleazy: :sleazy: seen a bunch of turkeys also, 1 hen musta had 15 little fellers.

nor looking for this heat........... :puke:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF! 68 here and heading for 86 it says. Made 90 here yesterday, so guessing it will get there again today. Watching the orange sun come up on the horizon. Pretty cool. BIL and his wife are coming up for the weekend. They got a new Ranger. So it sounds like we will do some cruising tomorrow. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......gonna be warm and muggy today...... will try to get outside things done early. need to cut the lawn but........

get caught up from being gone!!!!

stay cool fellas!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 65 here and again heading to the mid 80's.  warm and humid some more..  oh joy!!!   
not much else going on besides staying cool..    have a good day all!!! 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Heat is the word.  65 here now.  Will turn on the AC pretty soon to get ahead of it.  We hit 90 too yesterday.  I see it is breezy now.  TGIF.  We (wife) need to pull some weeds tomorrow.  Maybe I can manage the weed whip. We shall see.   :sleazy:   I see they are now saying 83 84 for Sat and Sun.  That will be more manageable.  Man the young fox is sure getting tame here.  It is up yapping at the house for the dogs to come out.  I keep a close eye on him to make sure he is healthy.  Sure looks good.  Like I have said, I have shot 2 of them with distemper over the years.  They come to us looking for help it seems when they get that sick.  Sad deal.  They walk up to me and I put them out of their misery.  Glad the dogs have their shots.  Well you all have a good day and keep hydrated.  LOL

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 65 here with 88% humidity at 5:30 this morning for us. :rolleyes: I looked a couple times, but I never seen anything over 83 mid-afternoon yday. :scratch: We had a pretty nice breeze out of the west most of the day too. I still spent most of my afternoon in the AC. I did go for a boat ride early yday & it turned into a fishing trip as I caught 1 nice fat 16"er. :cool: The boat could use some gas & I got 1 spot I could mow, we'll see. Have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. 65° when I let the girls out this morning. A bit of a breeze would be nice. Got a few things I want to do to the coop but none of them urgent.
      Went for an ultrasound of my aorta Wednesday morning. I was told it looked good. Just one of those routine tests old farts get, I guess. Made me kind of nervous since I had to go to the breast center to get it done. I felt like a crappie on the fillet table.
      Stay safe everyone.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glad it all turned out ok at the breast center TT.  LOL 

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      My test was at 6:45. I was the only one there when I got called back. It took about 15 minutes. The gal who did my ultrasound said most guys feel out of place there.
I used to be cute and adorable. Then, I had my first birthday. Been downhill ever since.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just found out my close cousin is having open heart surgery late July.  He has a bad mitral valve.  He is about 68 and in pretty good health. It does make me think healthier eating etc. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. At least the humidity will be up there so it'll feel oppressive once you get out of the AC anyway. Up to 78% already. And the flying biting insects are always glad to see you. The mosquitoes just boil out from under the soybean canopy like a hive of bees when you open it up. Car club event went about as well as it could've gone. The octo-squad wasn't as out of touch as they are some nights altho they had their moments. If we don't watch them carefully we'll end up heading to venues the wrong month, day and time. The care center residents were extremely appreciative we visited them. As an added bonus, the activities director hopped in the Silver Hawk with me! Kind of a cutie & flirty to boot. She wanted to fold the bench seat down flat but I told her I was saving myself for that special someone. ;)     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 64 at choretime heading for a high in the low 80's. At least the humidity will be up there so it'll feel oppressive once you get out of the AC anyway. Up to 78% already. And the flying biting insects are always glad to see you. The mosquitoes just boil out from under the soybean canopy like a hive of bees when you open it up. Car club event went about as well as it could've gone. The octo-squad wasn't as out of touch as they are some nights altho they had their moments. If we don't watch them carefully we'll end up heading to venues the wrong month, day and time. The care center residents were extremely appreciative we visited them. As an added bonus, the activities director hopped in the Silver Hawk with me! Kind of a cutie & flirty to boot. She wanted to fold the bench seat down flat but I told her I was saving myself for that special someone. ;)     
:rotflmao: :scratch: Romone! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
I don't understand... :scratch:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, woke up to thunder and some lite rain here..  not sure how much rain and how long it will be around..  I did manage to get a bike ride in yesterday, finally...  a bit windy but good overall.  not sure what else I have going on today...  have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 68 early today & not as humid (only 83%). :rolleyes: Headed towards 86 & that's where we ended up yday as well. We had some AM rain in hourly early too but now it looks like they've pushed it back to 4 or 5. I did get some fuel in the boat yday, got some mowing done too. Not sure where this day is headed....yet, either & that's OK. 'Bout it here, stay :cool: & have a good day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 70 here already and 81% humidity.  We did see 94 around 5 or so yesterday.  We have clouds north and west of us it looks like with a good chance of rain all day.  Was hoping to try using the weed whip today.  Looks like we need it badly.  The river has gone down some but still over the bank here yet.  Glad I am not quite up to par yet or I would be getting real itchy to get the boat back in the water.  I guess I am still itchy just not ready yet. No rashes though.   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:  Have a good one.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. Woke to 71° and a tad hazy. I hear it's going to be a hot and muggy weekend. But, like our meteorologist said last night, nothing we haven't dealt with before. I'll still keep an eye on the hens. I should maybe make up some electrolytes for them. Looks to be a short term heat wave, fortunately.
      Stay safe everyone.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Morn' fellow gulag comrades! 73 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 80's. Like tt's meteorologist said, nothing we haven't seen before. The period from July 6th - 15th on average represents our warmest days of the summer here. Trying to motivate but it's not easy when it's already 94% humidity. Just glad I don't have hay to bale and especially to stack in a stuffy haymow somewhere. Oh well, we got paid good. $1.50 - $2.00 an hour. I remember the first time I came home from someone's place after baling and had been paid $2 an hour. Dad told me I should give some of it back. Told me no way I was worth that for baling hay! I'd been stacking in one of those stuffy haymows all day. We all got paid the same. No way I was giving a nickel of it back.  :coffee: 
« Last Edit: July 07/13/24, 08:11:40 AM by Dotch »

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet you still have it!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Bet you still have it!
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

morning fellers......like Mike woke to thunder, still dribblin out. put a damper in the lawn mowin project....for the time being. dewpoint is 70 here YUK!!!! :puke: now it may wait till tuesday when it cools down.....and i may have to bale it!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

found a new recipe that's gonna be sunday night chow!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 76 here and heading for 79. Yup we had a shot of rain around 4:30 this morning. Pretty humid now and looks like some thunder coming from the west. It was sure warm yesterday. It was a Titoos and lemonade night for me last night. It was tasty. I believe the plan is to go for ranger ride down in Beltrami state Forest today. Go play with the deer flies. Just waiting for the BIL and his wife to awaken. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Some rain at campground this morning north of Miltona also. We had about a five beer pool event last night, good chance for another tonight. Got Lenny a pool too. He likes it. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lenny is getting big.  I turn on a fan in the barn so Bucko can stand in front of it when it is warm.  He loves it. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
6 1/2 months and 37 pounds. Not sure how much bigger he’ll get.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 65 and back into the mid 80's again..   about the same as yesterday..  I see I have lots of apples to pick up after the wind in the storm last night..  at least I'll be in the shade for that...    have a good day all!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 64 and will be in the 80's again which has been meaning low 90's.  We did hit 90's again yesterday.  Had an 88% chance of rain sometime yesterday and we didn't get a drop.  The drought may have just started for this summer.  It is a nice sunny morning here.  Just gonna enjoy the day.  Have a good one and I hope none of you had real severe weather yesterday.  Waiting to here.

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 69 @ 1st peek & 83 will be our high. Sis & BIL should be closing in on Moose Lake as they left here a little before 5:30. Probably go get a paper soon but not sure what's in store for the rest of the day. Have a good day.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have you ever eaten at the Moose Lake Diner Gunner?  Man do they have good food. Homemade everything. Great meatloaf and spaghetti too.