Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5296302 times)

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. .07" of rain the past 24 hrs. at the ranch and .06" in Bugtussle proper. On the slate for today: Finish copy & proofing then see about collecting some $ so we can pay some bills. After that, check on some soybean weed control progress and decide where I want to put some rootworm beetle traps once the corn is sufficiently tasseled. The Mrs. will be gone tonite so Poppy & I will be left to our own devices. Probably weed in row on the beans if the bugs aren't too bad. When Poppy isn't chasing bunnies, she's usually napping on the porch watching. Speaking of bunnies, one had an accident in the the backyard this morning. Check your mailbox glenn... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 62 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. .07" of rain the past 24 hrs. at the ranch and .06" in Bugtussle proper. On the slate for today: Finish copy & proofing then see about collecting some $ so we can pay some bills. After that, check on some soybean weed control progress and decide where I want to put some rootworm beetle traps once the corn is sufficiently tasseled. The Mrs. will be gone tonite so Poppy & I will be left to our own devices. Probably weed in row on the beans if the bugs aren't too bad. When Poppy isn't chasing bunnies, she's usually napping on the porch watching. Speaking of bunnies, one had an accident in the the backyard this morning. Check your mailbox glenn... :coffee:
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: i'll get my RETURN TO SENDER stamp inked up!!!!!! :happy1: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

here's some thing to watch!!   folks will live feed anything I guess...  no thanks
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 63 here and heading for 71 today. It was pretty comfortable yesterday only being around 70. There was a stiff wind blowing in off of the lake. I changed the oil and filters on the skid steer last night. Hoping tonight to get the hydraulic fluid changed to. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 53 and heading to 73 today..  good looking morning for sure!!!   going over to Alex this morning and get a few things..  always some thing for sure..   have a good day all!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Another nice fall morning.  54 and will be in the 70's today.  Dr. appt went well yesterday. I can pretty much let er rip now.  Will wean myself off the cane as time goes on.  The wife will also wean me off her helping me too she said. LOLOL  I knew it was going to happen.  We sat on the deck yesterday afternoon and actually had to come in as it got kind of cool.  I will do some work in our tiny garden today.  See ya later, have a good one. 

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
Time for a boat ride Barry!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......LPS that sounds good.......go gettem!!!!! :rotflmao:

nothing major on the agenda today. probably weed the garden and water it!!!! the next couple weekends are gonna be pretty busy in the area. this weekend is Richmonds river lake days and next weekend is Cold Springs Hometown festival. aslo next saturday is Firefest. the big fundraiser for the fire dept.

not sure if i'll go up to Richmond yet or not, :scratch: :scratch: not gonna be home for Cold Springs doings........awe shucks!!! :crazy: :rotflmao:

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Great to Hear LPS that you are healing up good!  :happy1:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 58 at choretime heading for a high in the low to mid-70's. A few sprinkles later part of the afternoon yesterday but that was about it. No breeze after chores when I weeded garden. Had to douse myself with repellent or the skeeters would've devoured me. Got through everything except the sweet corn. That's Round Up Ready so if I wanted to I could spray it. Probably won't but nice to know I could. Found soybean aphids yesterday in one of the sentinel fields & a winged adult depositing a juvenile in another field. The live juvenile soybean aphids are born pregnant and in turn, each one of them is capable of producing ~ 8 -10 offspring within a short period of time. Easy to see how they can explode if they're not held in check by beneficial insects and fungi. Some advocate tossing insecticide in with current herbicide or fungicide applications. That's the dumbest thing to do. The insecticide residual is relatively short, a week to 10 days at best. The winged adults keep depositing the aphids and it places heavy selection pressure on the population. Eventually they develop resistance to the insecticide as a result of the herbicide degradation & unwarranted repeated exposure.   
« Last Edit: July 07/17/24, 10:35:42 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
made it to Alex and back, got most everything I needed so that is good...  no special bargains unless you consider gas jumping to $3.39!!  I got it for $3.17 at FF... 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
I noticed that last night Mike that the Alex Gas Cartel jumped gas up 22 cents. Dr. appt yesterday went well, need to pick up a new Rx for the blood sugar and a new hose for my Cpap machine. After that a stop at FF for coffee and doorstop will be required. Didn't get yard sprayed yesterday, but did get four shotguns cleaned. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I noticed that last night Mike that the Alex Gas Cartel jumped gas up 22 cents. Dr. appt yesterday went well, need to pick up a new Rx for the blood sugar and a new hose for my Cpap machine. After that a stop at FF for coffee and doorstop will be required. Didn't get yard sprayed yesterday, but did get four shotguns cleaned. Have a great day all, later..... :happy1: :happy1:
you just wake up!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rolleyes: :evil: :sleazy:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just used my excercise bike for first time since hip deal.  Felt good and will help my muscles get back to normal.   Wasn't supposed to use it till now.  We did stop at Aldi's too.  First time walking in a store for awhile so the cart was my aid.  We got some lamb chops for about $8 a lb.  I thought that was a great deal.  They had lamb roasts and legs too. Wish I would have bought more of it now so I would be as cool  as Dotch.  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  Also got some nice petite sirloins already vac packed.  Will stop again.  Was about 10 am when we were there and not many people at all there.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Barry, yes you should've bought more. We need all the demand we can get!  :rotflmao: Seriously tho, that sounds like a pretty good price. Last time I saw someone buy chops at Fareway a few years ago they were ~$14/lb. Hopefully it's good lamb which is sometimes the problem with buying it over the counter or in a restaurant. That and everyone's tastes tend to be a little different. I grew up eating relatively mild flavored Suffolk lamb and continued that when we got sheep 37 years ago. Our Cheviot tastes almost like beef, especially the burger. Some like a very strong flavored lamb. It makes me question whether it's mutton or lamb. Not what I like but to each their own.   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope it is the milder kind.  They had lamb burger too and I should have got some of that too. Will sure go there again and see if they still have it.  We were at a BBQ at my brothers a couple of years ago.  His buddy is a great cook.  We had steaks but he did lamb chops as appetizers and they were absolutely tender chunks of goodness. 
« Last Edit: July 07/17/24, 02:15:25 PM by LPS »

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I hope it is the milder kind.  They had lamb burger too and I should have got some of that too. Will sure go there again and see if they still have it.  We were at a BBQ at my brothers a couple of years ago.  His buddy is a great cook.  We had steaks but he did lamb chops as appetizers and they were absolutely tender chunks of goodness.
iffin Dotch was any kind of a nice guy he;d mail ya some!!!!!! :whistling: :coffee: :coffee:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Great to hear your doing much better lps! I wish I could get momma to let me cook lamb,  just something different fer a change.  Hey I know, I'll buy it cook it up and should be no hopping fences fer a change,  or maybe it won't be claws it'll be a frying pan chasing me instead.. As always Afternoon peoples gettin things all gathered up fer a trip to lakeside tomorrow afternoon,  the pooches seen there food and stuff getting rounded up and won't leave me alone, 2 shadows I should call em...lol. Momma really takes one for the team when we head out, my day is usually done around 1, but she isn't sooo she has her laptop in the bouncy 3/4 ton wrapping up deals all the way out, poor girl, would drive me nuts chasing a curser around, let alone dealing with Maisy...  Best run
...See ya!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
safe travels tomorrow Bobber!!!

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 55 here and heading for 77 today it says. A nice calm morning here. Just a head to the salt mines day here. Then go grocery shopping after. Have a good one boys.

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Looks like some quality time headed my way with the Toro today. I have a 12:30 appt. today to get my Cpap tuned up again and a sportsmen meeting tonight. Other than that.......later..... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 54 for our start & headed towards 78. :scratch: Had trouble reaching the site yday early then the phone rang ~ 7:15. The new lift we ordered on Monday was on its way out here. So, between getting the new 1 set up & putting the old 1 where we wanted, it was a busy morning. I mowed a little yday too. Got a couple things on the old lift that we want to save, so that's where I'll start today. Should mow some too. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
« Last Edit: July 07/18/24, 07:17:53 AM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 55 here and heading for 78 they say..  another great day yesterday and even got a few things done too!!   same for today I'd say..  just have to figure out where to start..    have a good day all!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Happy 70th Birthday to me.  Hard to believe that I am that old.  I don't feel it most times.  LOL  Beautiful morning here.  Munching some Honey Bunches of Oats.  Pretty good stuff. I want to go check out the Rapids this morning.  Not sure what after that.  Got a top of the line Simonson truck warsh in Bemidji the other day so hate to get the truck dirty already.  Man that is a great car wash. Speaking of lamb.  Remember those places where they have all the meat you can eat?  Beef, pork, lamb I think.  They walk around and if you have the green thing on the table they come and give you as much as you want.  2 guys I worked with stopped at one in the cities whilst at a 3 day training thing.  They loved it but at the end they thought they should try some lamb.  When the guy came to their table they wondered what that terrible smell was.  The guy cut them some meat and moved on.   They said that lamb smelled so bad they could hardly take a bite.  When they did they couldn't get the terrible taste out of their mouths for hours.  Must have been mutton. Rank.  Well you all have a great day!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Birthday Barry!!    :toast: :party3:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 54 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Hassles day today. Discovered yesterday my driver's license expired. Never received a notice. Turns out the state muffed a bunch of them with April birthdays. Claimed they sent them but have no idea where they went. Where is our MSM when this kind of nonsense happens? Damn good thing I renewed my passport. Now this a.m., SS sends out a notice that we need to get a .gov or a ID me acct. established. Think I already have the former but they keep texting me what they claim is an invalid code that won't allow me to log in. Tried establishing an ID me acct too but it got bucky about me trying to photograph my passport. Try it again tomorrow. Sick of that crap for one day. Barry, you're probably thinking of Fogo de Chao. Have had good & bad lamb there. Usually I'll pass on it in restaurants unless it's someplace with a reputation for it. I gots the good stuff!  :happy1: Happy Birthday!

:party3:  🎂   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
 :party3:  :happybday: Barry!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers......done at the store.  :happy1: ready fer the weekend!!!! :woot: :party3:

:happybday: :happybday:  LPS!!!!!! bettin your lookin forward to momma's spankin tonight!!!!! :sleazy: :smoking: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

i see a  :toast: and  :campfire: tomorrow afternoon!!!!!

gt some garden stuff planned for this afternoon. pick kalarabi and carrots. got me enough cukes to make me a 2 gal jug of pickles too!!!!

hey boober ......have fun at the lake...........keep your eyes from roaming!!!! :rotflmao: