Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5443836 times)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Yet.  :sleazy:

sorry bud, all is in working order!!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline deadeye

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Looks like I will have to pack some long underwear for fishing this weekend. Planned a trip up north a bit to try for some fall crappie.
***I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.***

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman

Let the fermenting commence!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That looks cool as heck Roony.  Interesting.  A little scary too. 

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Appears to be a wren in the one jar... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1: :happy1:
a wren!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I was a bit scared to look at Roony's picture again. :doah: thought Dotch might of been talking about Boobers Wren  channel 5. :sleazy: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: I was a bit scared to look at Roony's picture again. :doah: thought Dotch might of been talking about Boobers Wren  channel 5. :sleazy: :rotflmao:

oh no!!!!  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Glad to hear all went well Mike and you are back home. 49 here and heading for 55 today with a chance of more rain. Got .44" yesterday. Peppy was in the yard the last 2 nights so I put out a treat for it and it was a no show. Guess I will try again tonight. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Not sure how much we got Tuesday night, gauge is still sitting on the table from cutting grass on Monday. I think I have figured out how to get the shelves down in the garage so I can insulate and sheet the wall by myself. It involves a sub-compact tractor (with loader), several 2x4s and some pallets. Would like to get this done this week, weekend, because I'd like to go fishing next week. Later.... :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, yup  sure good to be home!!!  slept over 8 hours last night...  that does not happen much..  52 here and only going to hit 55 today... saying rain later today too...   need to get a few things in Alex today so that is my thing for today!!!   have a good day all!!

get em JB!!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  48 and will get up to 54 here I hope.  Rainy possible too.  It is windy already.  Hoping for a warm up next week so fishing will be more fun. Will be like this till Fri it looks.  We may wait till Sat for a campfire.  Will be watching the Twins too.   :happy1: How cool is that?  Have to go grocery shopping today.  May as well get some ice cream since we have all of the toppings just sitting here waiting for something to happen.   :sleazy:  That's all for now so stay out of trouble today.  Waiting for some closeup pics of Peppy JB.  LOL 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin guys, 52 & that'll be the high for the day, windy here too. Had some rain on the way home yday again & we got some overnight as well, ~ another .2" in the gauge. I needed a different coat when I was out to the burn barrel earlier.  :scratch: Not sure what's going on today, yet. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' comrades! 52 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-60's. Thought I heard a little thunder in the overnite. Looked at my phone & sure enough, there was a little lite green blob that floated by ~ 5-5:30 a.m. Then I saw Climate FieldView had reported a tenth for my location. Only problem was the time stamp was 3:41 a.m. Think they both had a vivid imagination as there was no sign of rainfall on the vehicles or in the official gauge. Some combines got rolling yesterday late afternoon again. Beans were 8%-9% before the rain & were back to 13+% moisture again. That put an end to the whining about that. The Mrs. & Poppy got a lot of the gourds and squash cut and piled yesterday. Will see if we can get them up to the yard with the tractor & bucket. With the snow bucket on, it should make short work of that.     
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........done at the store for another week.  :happy1: pretty much slapped me in the face walking out the store......... this afternoon is the last time i'll see the inside of the house we grew up in.  got this gut rot feeling in my stomach!!!!!!  :confused: :confused: mt wife went up this morning so my oldest daughter could go through the house and gather things one last time, Sue said she broke doen pretty hard.......kinda hurts a bit myself.

been thinking about this a bit. the big shed dad built back in the day. the guy that bought the place i guess is going to use it as a rental, but i'd  venture to guess that big shed he might say doesn't go with the rental. iffin i was a bettin man he's gonna keep it for himself or use it as a storage rental!!!!

well off and do things. live moves on!!!!!

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Been thinking about what you've been going thru glenn. Was 3 years ago we were in the middle of cleaning out the last of the stuff at Mom's. She had been gone about 7 years at the time. There was a picture recently on my cell phone flashbacks of my younger brother grilling outside his camper from that fiasco. It wasn't fun and was made a lot worse by dealing with the older brother's dithering and diddling. My younger brother and I would make headway throwing crap away and cleaning paths through the clutter over the weekend. My older brother & SIL would come back during the week and fill it all back in, then question why we'd tossed things like old bent nails and bags of broken glass we'd scraped up interspersed with rodent & raccoon crap from the outbuildings. At one point my older brother was convinced we should burn the mattresses and recycle the coils. Nixed that one. He was even breaking heads off of mop handles to recycle the metal! :rolleyes: The day we finished up, it was hard to think we'd never be coming back to the place where we'd grown up. Since then, have gone by the building site several times but have felt no desire to set foot there after that nightmare. Sounds like you guys had your poop in a group & will have better closure than we did.   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: thanks Dotch..yea its just the 2 of us and we did work well through this. i remember you saying something about it a while back, that would suck.

even with our 5 kids between the 2 of us it went rather smoothly!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't have to get into any of that...   some how my brother got the house and contents...   and then wanted me to drive to Mankato and help so he could make money from it...   I passed...  but I have seen crap like that first hand...   suks...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Just went to town to get a NY Strip loin for $8.99 lb.  Will cut them myself.  Good deal for up here.  Raining so hard I had the winshield washers on high.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
I didn't have to get into any of that...   some how my brother got the house and contents...   and then wanted me to drive to Mankato and help so he could make money from it...   I passed...  but I have seen crap like that first hand...   suks...
That's pretty much how it went with the wife's dad. Her sister pretty much got everything. Wife and her brother got squat. Although her brother did get all the guns.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :doah: :scratch: sorry to hear that guys..........there was no will...........nuttin went through probate.......

i read the documents the attorney gave us..........the executor has strict rules to abide by......mainly to do whats best for the estate and heirs...............

my brother was really up front and honest with me..........i knew enough he tried something i'd get my own lawyer!!!!!
« Last Edit: October 10/05/23, 04:50:41 PM by glenn57 »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
life goes on buddy, is the way I look at it... 

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Pretty much  same here Mike. Life goes on. There was a will and the wife and brother in law pretty much said what ever.  Threw in the towel.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. TGIF!!!! 49 and crazy windy off of the lake this morning. I think 51 is supposed to be the high. We got another.4" of rain yesterday evening. We can use it. Plan to run to Menards in Ifalls after work today. Otherwise just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 40 here and hope to see 52 today...  slept over 8 hours the last 2 nights...  I must need it..  sure feels good too!!  the surgery has really helped my legs out!!  won't be any jogging but I can walk without so much pain!!   not much going on today besides watch the wind!!!   have a good day all!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  43 and headed 50.  Windy and some rain possible.  I see we have 1" in the gauge from yesterday.  Still a few leaves hanging on yet.  I need to get out fishing but not in the wet and wind.  Hope it clears up next week.  I have a few friends that I want to take fishing.  Last year we had 70's when the fish were upriver.  Well the coffee hasn't kicked in yet.  Still tired.  Mayhaps it is the weather.  Well you all have a good one. Oh ya.  Our yard light conked out so we are buying one from North Star.  We plug it in at the pole and we have a remote control to turn it on in the house.  I couldn't fix the old one so bit the bullet for the new one.  LED with 10 year warranty on the whole unit.  They may do it today.  It has a big spread area so you can get a diffuser so it doesn't go out so far if needed.  Can't wait.  We like to turn it on when the dogs go out at night.  We hope it scares critters away when we turn it on.  ???
« Last Edit: October 10/06/23, 07:41:36 AM by LPS »

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, 47 here & we might make it all the way up to 48. ;) It looks like we're done with the rain for a few days but there was .2" in the gauge, which puts us right at 4" in the last 2 weeks. :happy1: It was my brother's bday on Tuesday, so we went out with the neighbor for a little HH & some pizza yday. Got some clothes to wash & a little putzin I can do & will go from there. No more now, hopin your Friday's a good 1.
« Last Edit: October 10/06/23, 12:18:59 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.......happy belated b-day to your brudder Gunner!!!!!! :happy1: raining here but i took my gauges in the other day!!!!! just a light drizzle should be done according the  weather chart i looked at.

got a few things to finish up with moms stuff today. reality set in and in a better spot today. like mike said life goes on. hoping to have a fire tonight, i grabbed a bunch of wood at moms, some just to burn. AND we found more friggin paperwork that needs to be burnt. its unreal how much stuff she kept. it'll take a few fires to get rid of it all.