Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5052789 times)

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin all, seen 62 early & they're sayin 72 will be our high. Mowed the area we seeded last year yday, been letting it go & grow longer so it'll fill in better. :scratch: Seems to be working. :cool: Got warm in the PM so I grabbed the pail of tools & went down to the lake to play with farmer's jack on the dock a bit more. Lake Assoc. is having their fish fry today at noon & we usually do that. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
      Good morning campers. Looks to be a decent day with not much rain. Rain gauge read 1.9" this morning. Monthly total at 9.7". Could be a lot worse. Basement is still dry.
      Converted an old metal shed in to a coop and the girls are in it now. They've been in the basement since their old coop was destroyed Monday morning. Good thing they're too young to lay eggs yet. Kept me busy all week.
      Stay safe everyone.
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  64 here and should be a nice day I think.  It has been spitting some here but not even enough to get the deck wet.  That's ok with me.  No plans today, just the way it should be.  See ya later and have a good one.  TT are those chickens for laying eggs?  How many again?

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 66 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 70's. Another 2.14" of rain in the past 24 hrs. at the ranch. ~6.6" total over the past 7 days, 11.7" for the month. 2.25" in Bugtussle with the June rainfall total at 12.18". Sounds like it will likely top it off again today. The feed fairy needs to kick it in gear here soon. Hope I don't get stuck unloading it. May opt to put it in the Gator and ferry it down to the barn that way. Should also make a grocery run. Could unload hay but that's overrated. It's in the trailer where it's nice & dry. It'll be there when I get mentally prepared. Later today I gotta get the Stude readied for BTT50's. Shouldn't have to do a lot. I'm just hauling my buddy Jim so he won't get out the white glove.  :coffee:
« Last Edit: June 06/22/24, 03:25:53 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers.......... wet again outside!!! :pouty: first project of the day is to put my pickles away!!!!!looked last night and 100% seal rate  :happy1: gotta love that!!!!!

head to st cloud later to the 11% rebate store and probably FF!!!!!!!!! need to eliminate that things to get list for a change!!!!

hopefully the postal service doesnt pull up with a semi load from southern Mn!!!!!!!  :confused: :doah: :surrender: :rotflmao:
« Last Edit: June 06/22/24, 08:34:30 AM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 68 here and supposed to make 73. Like Barry said a sprinkle or 2 that didn't amount to anything. Sat down to have some coffee and ponder the list of projects. As soon as the grass dries I will cut that. My parents were supposed to come up yesterday. But because of highway 6 closed from flooding and the road construction by Aitkin they decided to stay home. So that opens up the project list for the weekend. Debating whether to raise the dock and put that back in or wait a week or so. Guess that is lower on the list of projects. Nice mow lawner Bobber. 1 beer for mowing and 2 to sit in the lawn chair and admire the fine job. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.   Looks like it wants to rain but so far nothing.  Need to pull a motor off a boat and some yard work is in order here.  Have a great day. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Sitting here out at the lake. Slept in until 8:00, felt good. Fishing today??????? Still up in the air. Later…. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh, and MarkN. I will be looking forward to your fishing report from Leech. We will be down to Leech next week.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Sitting here out at the lake. Slept in until 8:00, felt good. Fishing today??????? Still up in the air. Later…. :happy1: :happy1:
well.....you can always buy your walleyes at Morey's  :happy1: :rotflmao: Boar does!!!!1 :rolleyes: :shocked:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I like your thinking JB!! Afternoon peoples 75 and wouldn't ya know it, it's raining....AGAIN! I didn't bother checking the gauges from last night's dumping,  maybe they'll tip with the soggy ground and empty themselves.  The neighbors sure opened a can of work, they have 2 dead diseased Ash trees,  he hired a guy to drop both, well this guy pieced down the first took the money and didn't come back. Sooo while I had a trailer to get the mow lawner he rented one also, 6 loads of brush and the big logs went to the landfill, but I did fill the side of the garage with 3 loads for future burning.  Just sucks you can't trust anyone anymore,  live and learn I told him, pay half up front and the rest later. Oh yeah his yard and garden rakes somehow walked off also with his money....

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The river here at our place came up a foot since Wed.  JB

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
lots of time up here pay after the job, but there are times that are required to some in advance...   and that's ok...

crazy JB..

no mowing here today... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I don't pay till the job is done. Or pay for materials up front.
« Last Edit: June 06/23/24, 08:26:59 AM by LPS »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
damn boober that sucks for your neighbor for sure. iffin i was your neighbor i'd be calling someone, law enforcement, better business bureau, Ellisions office........someone. i'd also be blabbering his name all over any media i could think of.

well.........a $170.00 later i'm back from st cloud. but i dont have a things to get list anymore!!!! :rotflmao:   for the time being anyway!!!!

so, i'm walking into FF, most everyone is walking out with a black 5 gallon FF pail. i think to myself, yea the last thing i need if another 5 gallon pail. :doah: guess what, i gotz another 5 gallon pail!!!!! :bonk: :doah: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: you buy a pail for 4 bucks.........you get 15% off of everything you can fit in it. what a deal right!!!!! i could fit 2 jugs of oil and a bunch of other things in there.

so after that screaming deal,  :shocked: :rolleyes: the gas coupon and the 11% rebate at the house oh bargains......i saved me 25 bucks!!!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
JB, still raining here so we’re still sitting in the cabin. A chicken has a brain the size of a bb and they know enough to get out of the rain. :rotflmao: If we get out I’ll let you know. I do know there was a solid covering of mayflies on the water earlier this week and slowed things down.  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline roony

• Master Outdoorsman
We got home safe and sound. It was good spending time with the three  boys and wives and four grandkids. As soon as I started unloading the truck it started pouring. My Lord it is as wet here as I've seen it. Gsrden looks hellish. Just one of those years.

Offline tangle tooth

• Master Outdoorsman
JB, still raining here so we’re still sitting in the cabin. A chicken has a brain the size of a bb and they know enough to get out of the rain. :rotflmao: If we get out I’ll let you know. I do know there was a solid covering of mayflies on the water earlier this week and slowed things down.  :happy1: :happy1: :happy1:
You haven't met my chickens. At least they'll be warm and toasty in the smoker some day.
I got a GED. I couldnt speel deploma.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 62 here and foggy...   heading towards 81 today and no rain!!  I hope any way...  and get the yard mowed finally!!  not much else on my plate today..   have a good day all!! 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin boys, 58 here & lookin to top out at 75. Had some water on the burn barrel lid early today & radar showed us getting a little rain about 4-4:30 this morning. Only .1" in the gauge though. Was going to mow out front yday PM but it started to sprinkle a little right about then, so that's on the list for today. :scratch: Thinking I might be in need of some boat time to start this day, we'll see. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers........ITS NOT RAINING!!!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1: :surrender: :rotflmao: and from what i see no rain for 4 consecutive days !!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:

not real sure of anything that i need to do today just yet!! thinking like Mike and maybe cut the lawn, suppose to be warm and muggy the next few days.......maybe time to fire up the AC soon. probably do bird feeder patrol also!!!!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is 69 and should see 76 today.  That means 80.  It has been hotter than forecasted lately.  Good chance of rain this afternoon.  The river came up a few more inches overnight.  I think we are all ready for it. The wife has been a big help.  Was watching How it's Made about making a Rolls Royce.  Unreal how they hand carve and sand so many wood parts on them.  I don't see one in my future.  LOL  Well you have a good day.  Hope you don't get rain.

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 65 here and supposed to make 73 it says. So like Barry said it should be warmer. Made 79 here yesterday and was only supposed to be 74. I would say the lake has come up about 8" in the last week here. Think the dock will just stay where it is until after vacation.  Got the grass cut and raked yesterday. Then I got out the 4 wheeler. Pulled the tank sprayer down and gave the skeeters a good dose. Nice to be sitting out on the patio this morning.  :happy1: Well sipping coffee and pondering the list of projects. Have a good one boys.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 65 and partly cloudy. The pooches took us on a 2 mile stroll earlier,  breakfast is wolfed down and I took care of the bird feeders. Gotta wait til the shin high grass dries before I fire up the new mow lawner,  but first headin to the whipper snappers place shortly to haul a couple couches to her friends place. The oldest and his girlyfriend are coming over this afternoon to hangout and grill something,  maybe burglars.  I do need to get in the garden and weed, it's bad a six day rain or so puts one behind.  Best run.....See ya!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
The river keeps coming up, not sure how long that will continue but we are pretty well prepared.  I think.  lol 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Stopped at the schoolhouse on the way home from leech to cut the grass. It was long. Half way through it the deck belt decided to say “I quit”. So I only got half of it cut and it looks like crap. Fix belt tomorrow and go back up, make a special trip, and finish it.

Good luck next week JB. We fished 10’ to 17’, rocks, some gravel like stuff and mud flats. Nothing. The only thing we didn’t try was weeds. Have fun.
Later all. :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
need some goats there Mark!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Sheep for sale! Sheep for sale! Get your self-propelled lawnmowers here!  :angel:

Evening fellow gulag comrades! Was about 60 this a.m. & topped out at about 80 during the BTT50's today. Stude, Jim and I survived another one. Trip into the State Fairgrounds was uneventful with only the usual delay when getting there later than we perhaps should've. Sundays can be fickle that way. Absolute gorgeous day. Coming back out we ran into delays on I-35 southbound from Northfield on so we deked out on Hwy 60 at Faribault, taking backroads home in the Silver Hawk. Did some crop touring so we can write the trip off... :rotflmao: Tuckered out so it's bedtime for Bonzo...😴
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 60 here and supposed to make 78 today with a chance of rain. The wife and I hit 30 years of wedded bliss today. Amazing how to flies. Thanks for the report Mark. Yesterday I became one with the caulking gun and clear silicone. I redid the windows and everything on the camper. When we were down in Buffalo we noticed one of the kitchen windows leaking. The stuff they use gets hard and cracks. Hopefully this nips it in the bud. Well, just getting ready for another day in the salt mines. Have a good one boys.

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  Well it's  Monday and what to do first?  We have a shop cleaning day on the agenda before our next project.  Then I need to do and oil change on my truck.  After that I am not sure which project I am going to tackle next.    Have a great day!!