Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5064122 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, too bad about the store, but it most likely had to be done...  58 here and only going to 65 today... 
saying windy today too, we will see...  I see I have mix up some weed b gone, got a few unwanted plants growing in
the yard...  have a good day all!!   
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning!!   We got a good rain over night and still misting this morning.  I see the lake is filled with whitecaps so thinking she is pretty windy out there this morning.   Have a boat to put a motor on and rig.  Weather is perfect for doing just that. 

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, we had 58 last I looked & it's sayin 63 will be our high. Got a NNW wind about 12 along with a light mist going on here too. Been down to the dock to give everything a look & saw that the boat needed to go up a bit again. :rolleyes: Not certain what'll be next...........yet. No more now, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  We got some rain this morning but not a lot.  Added to the puddles in the driveway.  Good idea the get the store out of there before it too turns into junk in the river.  Sad deal.  Not a lot going on today.  May just relax. Have a good one.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Too bad that the dam wasn't removed years ago.  Look what damage it is doing now.  Looks like the County bought the store and then tore it down.  The owners said they will be selling burgers and pie again just not there.
« Last Edit: June 06/29/24, 07:59:49 AM by LPS »

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 63 at choretime heading for a high in the upper 60's. .19" of rain from the past 24 hrs. at the ranch & was .18" in Bugtussle when I left there yesterday afternoon. She's damp. On the slate for today, the feed fairy makes a trip to Hope after a bit. Bird feeders need to be cleaned out & refilled the lawnmowing fairy takes center stage. Should stab some string beans in while he's at it. Should thaw something out for the grill. Have some Berkshire chops my Studebaker mechanic gave me that might fill the bill smoked up a tad with some apple or pear wood... :coffee:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 67 and perfect out, the pooches took us on our normal 2 mile stroll now the smell bacon is in the air. The project for this morning is leveling the deck on the mow lawner,  brand new off the lot and it's otta whack, should be easy tho just need to cut some 2" blocks, then I'll hafta test it out ya know. Bout it.....See ya!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
morning fellers..........little garden work fill bird feeders then get ready to see what so special about $24.00 a plate tacos are like!!!!! :scratch:

sure am liking this cool weather!!!!!!!! :happy1: no rain here!!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 67 and perfect out, the pooches took us on our normal 2 mile stroll now the smell bacon is in the air. The project for this morning is leveling the deck on the mow lawner,  brand new off the lot and it's otta whack, should be easy tho just need to cut some 2" blocks, then I'll hafta test it out ya know. Bout it.....See ya!!!
:scratch: :scratch: would that be the lawnmower your testing or the beer can holder?????

Mikey wanted to know!!!!!!!  :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
:scratch: :scratch: would that be the lawnmower your testing or the beer can holder?????

doesn't matter!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman

Haven't tried the beverage holder guy yet, the patio table keeps them un shaken!! Besides I gots to stop to open gates so that's a great excuse to quench ones thirst....if need be!  And just incase your wondering the deck adjustment turned out great, raised the rear 1/2" and moved the rear deck wheels,  still cuts in on the side hill just a smidge but overall it looks good!!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I agree Bobber the hand held or set it on a perch is the only way to go!!!   don't want a super shaken beer!!!!      :rotflmao: :rotflmao: ;)

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Something tells me someone on channel 4 is gonna hear bout this one...or is their another river I'm not aware of??

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
back from the wedding reception.....not alot of people i knew so made it an easy choice to head home early.

the $24.00 a plate taco bar was pretty good. 3 kinds  of meat, pork, beef and chicken. if i had a complaint the meat could of been hotter. da cake was yummy.  :sleazy:

after thinkin about the plate cost, i guess i could see it being up there..........with food costs, and paying the help???? not sure if that included the rent for the hall. it was at a place called EXTREME in Monticello. a sports bar, bowling alley arcade place.

oh yea on our way home i passed a rig on 94 hauling an electric bus!!!!! :doofus: :scratch: :surrender:
« Last Edit: June 06/29/24, 09:15:20 PM by glenn57 »

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  It is only 42 here this morning.  A nice early fall day.  Our days up here in the summer start so early.  The sunrise here is: 5:19 and sunset is:  9:25.  In the south of the state sunrise is:  5:47 and sunset is: 9:10.  That is about 40 minutes longer day here but in the winter we have about a 40 minute shorter day here.  That is quite a difference.  I can see light starting here about 3:30 or so in the mornings  now.  Last night was the first night that I haven't taken anything except Tylenol.  Completely off the narcotics.  Man they get you on a lot of them and they really do work.  BUT the stool softeners are paramount.  Will be great to be back to normal.  I have been sitting in a straight back chair for a month.  Even with a pillow on it I was going crazy trying to be comfortable.  It has been 4 weeks since the new hip was put in. 6 weeks they say before sitting in a recliner.  I ended that nonsense yesterday afternoon.  Man do I love my recliner.   :sleazy:  And today I will be mowing the very long pasture with the Ranger and Kunz mower.  Pronounce it however you like.  LOL  Gonna be a great day.  I hope yours is too.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 49 here and going towards 71 here...   64 in the house, good sleeping weather... 
got a few things done outside yesterday...   I see I need to mow today too..  can't figure why
we have mow so often compared to last year...   couldn't be the rain???   :rotflmao:   
have a good day all...

Offline Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, we had 49 when I went down to the dock @ 4:30 & we're supposed to see 72 later. I couldn't get the boat off the lift without taking the windshield off :doah:, so off it came. It's a Crestliner side console so it only has 3 little spring-loaded plastic tabs holding it on, so it wasn't a problem. There wasn't much clearance for the graph that's on the console either, but it went. The boat is tethered to the dock now, as the lift will be getting moved again today. :rolleyes: The wind went down & we seen a little sun mid-afternoon yday, so jumped on the mower. Had to double cut part of it as it was long & wet in a couple spots but I did get almost everything mowed. :happy1: The neighbor came over as he heard us sitting outback :drinking: after I mowed & he wants some help moving his dock & lift today too. I better get rolling, have a great day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. 54 here and supposed to make 71 today. Was cold and windy yesterday. Supposed to be calm today. We did some fishing in the late afternoon yesterday. It was not good 3 little perch when we were pulling cranks. Plan is to boat over to Walker today. Then maybe fish later. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 52 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Great sleeping weather as mikey pointed out. Was hard to convince myself to crawl out this a.m. until I heard the oriole complaining his jelly feeder was empty. Got the rest of the lawn mowed yesterday so will get the push mower out & mow under the apple trees and some other tight spots. Moved the sheep mineral feeder out of the mud & cut several big bullthistles in the pasture after chores. Have some ewes & lambs to move today. Haven't heard exactly when yet so am supposed to remain on high alert I guess. If it were two guys dealing with this, they would've been moved long ago. Still have some string beans to stab in yet. Think I have an area that looks dry enough. Forecast looks awful here again so have to pick my spots.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 02:33:56 PM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin fellers................looks to be a splendid day outdoors...... need to water stuff today......mainly the new grass seed!!!!! I'll find other stuff to do!!!!! probably go thru the garden and weed it, if i do that a few times a week doesnt take but a half hour or so!!!! :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That sounds like fun JB.  Cruising across the lake with your new boat.   :happy1: :happy1:  Keep track of your miles. 

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home from campground. Had some beers, a steak and one brandy last night. Nap is in order for me first and think about what I’m going to do later today.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just got home from campground. Had some beers, a steak and one brandy last night. Nap is in order for me first and think about what I’m going to do later today.  :happy1: :happy1:
looks to me like you read to many of dotchs posts with all the naps you take!!!! :evil: :rolleyes: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
 :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

When you work like a slave all the time, sometimes ya just gotta have one! :happy1:

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Now that sounds like the perfect scenario to me!

Offline Boar

• Master Outdoorsman
  • VP of Entertainment!
Mornib feller, its glorious her todat. My baby boarlit was here most of the weekend. Man is she a special bleassing. Had me day ysterday till about 5 pm then family came and visited. Been awesome. Lori got talked into a shift toady, when she gets ther she finds out, five resident have covid. So shes been exposed. So now the white flag on the door knob. Been doing a little mowing, and tending to my pepper plants and maters. Ther thriving? Well off to the races.
2019 GRAND MASTER BUCK CHAMPION!!
2021 ICE FISHING MASTER CHAMPION
78.50"

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
stay well my friend.......we dont need more excuses from you for not fishing!!!! :mooning: :rotflmao:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples it's been a great day, started off with our normal 2 mile stroll then the oldest and his hound came over. We grabbed a frozen pigeon from the freezer and bought Maisy to the park , he held her while I dragged the bird thru the weeds, she did great found it up and brought it back everytime.  The whipper snapper and her pooch came over then we took her out fir her birfday,  I'm still stuffed after that lunch. Came back filled the kidde pool for the dogs and played fetch until they wouldn't anymore..lol. They are dun for the night, well best get ready for a fun filled work week,  even tho it's only 3 days this week.....See ya!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Evening peoples it's been a great day, started off with our normal 2 mile stroll then the oldest and his hound came over. We grabbed a frozen pigeon from the freezer and bought Maisy to the park , he held her while I dragged the bird thru the weeds, she did great found it up and brought it back everytime.  The whipper snapper and her pooch came over then we took her out fir her birfday,  I'm still stuffed after that lunch. Came back filled the kidde pool for the dogs and played fetch until they wouldn't anymore..lol. They are dun for the night, well best get ready for a fun filled work week,  even tho it's only 3 days this week.....See ya!!!
:happy1: :rotflmao: dats a good tired for the hounddawgs!!!!!!

3 day week????  :scratch: :doah: you move up to managment??? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman