Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Good Morning!!!!!!  (Read 5079124 times)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gang, 52 here now & hopin to see 75. Had a little shower last night ~ 7 but found very little in the gauge. Nothin planned for today yet. Sure, I'll find something to occupy my morning pretty easy though. Have a great 4th of July. :USA:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Scenic

• Master Outdoorsman
Good morning All.  What a great way to start the day.  57 degrees and the lake is like glass so far.  I am sure I heard it calling my name!   Absolutely nothing planned for today as of right now but guessing that can change quickly.   Might just spend the day putzing in the yard.   Have a great day !!!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 65 and might see 69 today...   no rain yet but they say we will get some...  nothing special planned for today and I like that!!!   have a good day all!! 

have a great 4th of July!!!   :dancinred:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Fourth of July.  :happy1: :happy1:
mm

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin peoples 66 here and it's been raining since a little after 6. Wet basements suck for sure, good luck lps, our last house had issues, after building up the outside and adding gutters like you did helped alot it still came in soo we had the concrete busted up and installed drainage with a sump pump, then we moved..lol. Not sure what the day will bring today,  would like to get a big fat piece of meat to smoke at some point, gotta get bird food and perhaps change the oil in the Ram, might hafta take a drive and see what's open.  Best run....See ya!!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Already 70 here and will be about 80 I would think.  Not much of a wind yet.  Gonna be a good day.  Fun in the sun.  LOL  Happy 4th.

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the mid-70's. Heavy thundershower went thru during chores so Poppy & I waited it out for about 20 minutes before heading in. Another .82" during that little episode. More likely on tap in the afternoon. Need to get with it & get the grill fired up soon. A couple half legs on the Weber rotisserie if the weather cooperates anyway. Later kids!
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Happy Independence Day boys!! We made it home around 4 pm yesterday and didi most of the unpacking. We usually load up the tailgate of the pickup and then I back up yo the house. Well, the last trip to empty the fridge in the camper I was joking around with the wife as I was backing up. And backed right into the side of the garage door opening with the tailgate down. So now that has a big crinkle in it.  :angry2: The worse part is no one up here does PDR and I just had the dents fixed from 4 years ago when we were down in Buffalo a month ago.  First thing in the list will be to cut grass. Then hopefully put the dock back in. The email from the control board said the lake came up 3" and could come up 3.5" in the next week. Also said on July 2nd of 2022 the lake was 2.6 ft higher than it is this year. At least this year it is still within it's normal range. Only ever found 1 walleye down on leech. And the only pike we found were small or in the slot. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
afternoon fellers.......sheez another full 7 in at the store..........on a friggin national holiday!!!!!!! :doah: :confused: i should form a Union there!!!!! :evil: :happy1:  dang near decided to not go in, but the ultimate team player i am!!!!! :pouty: :happy1: :rotflmao:

looks like a wet afternoon for the most part........i gotz things inside i can do.....mayhaps even a nap.  :sleazy:

shadow got a little worked up last night with some fireworks going off.....cant wait tfor the next few days!!!!!! :sick: :crazy: :crazy: 
« Last Edit: July 07/04/24, 01:16:53 PM by glenn57 »
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess Maisy did pretty good with last nights fireworks,  that's why we stayed in town.  The neighbors at the cabin go at it all afternoon and night, didn't want her to get freaked out this early in the game.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I guess Maisy did pretty good with last nights fireworks,  that's why we stayed in town.  The neighbors at the cabin go at it all afternoon and night, didn't want her to get freaked out this early in the game.
:happy1: :happy1: smart move!!!!!

we got idiouts at the cabin i'm sure are blasting away also......not sure how bad it'll get here yet?????/ :scratch: :scratch:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
really quiet here so far for the boomers compared to past years....   tonight could be interesting....   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :happy1: :rotflmao:

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
https://www.harborfreight.com/battery-operated-liquid-transfer-pump-63847.html

this is the one I got...
Hey, Mike. Is this working out for you?  I’m thinking that would be a good way to get diesel into my tractor. If it works well, it would beat standing on the frame and hoisting a 5 gallon can up. No matter how hard I try not to, it still splashes and needs to be cleaned up.

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Mornin gents, 58 @ 1st peek here & lookin at 78 for the high. Heard they had a good turnout for the boat parade up on Little Sand yday AM. Some fireworks on the bay last night around 9:30 too, but not quite as many as usual IMO. There's a resort on the narrows that always puts on a pretty big show though. Usually, we can't see those. I started a little project out in the new shed yday & that's probably where I'll start today. 'Bout it here, have a good day.
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
mornin all, 59 here and heading to 75 today...  50% chance of rain...   almost 1/2 inch of rain yesterday over all.. 

fishwidow, I'll be using it either today or tomorrow and I will give you a full report!!

have a good day all!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys.  Beautiful morning here.  We did not go to the fireworks here but could hear them.  They put on a good show here.  I have been wondering about that fuel pump too.  These gas jugs get heavier every year.  So JB how far was it across Leech?  Been mowing the pasture and started the meadow and will finish that today.  Had a nice fire last night and some brandy was in order too.  Great time. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
morning fellers.........looking like a fine day outdoors so far.......#1 project on my agenda fer today......have a  :campfire: and  :toast:!!!!

a few other little things. reckon i need to think about organizing stuff for my trip north monday also?  :scratch:

Offline Jerkbiat

• Master Outdoorsman
Morning boys. Like LPS said, it is a beautiful morning here. The lake is a sheet of glass. Already 73 and 74 is supposed to be the high. I didn't clock the milage across leech. But by looking at OnX maps it us about 22 miles from the landing at Federal Dam to Walker. I raised the dock all the way up yesterday and put it in the water. Today I just need to set the post and level it. Finish emptying the boat from camping. Then the plan is to go fishing. Maybe here we can find some fish. Have a good one boys.
Hey look your bobber is up!

Offline markn

• Master Outdoorsman

Fish; I bought one these at ff a couple years ago to pull out gas from snowmobiles in the spring. I can also set a gas can next to the zero turn and it will fill it in about 30 seconds. Buy it, well worth it to me.  :happy1: :happy1:

this is the one I got...
Hey, Mike. Is this working out for you?  I’m thinking that would be a good way to get diesel into my tractor. If it works well, it would beat standing on the frame and hoisting a 5 gallon can up. No matter how hard I try not to, it still splashes and needs to be cleaned up.
mm

Offline Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Mornin' fellow gulag comrades! 61 at choretime heading for a high in the low 70's. Has been a skinny band of showers running over the top of us this a.m. Total at the ranch from yesterday was .55" & looks like according to radar anyway it's probably raining there just like it is in Bugtussle. .78" in Bugtussle from yesterday & early this a.m. Farm & City Days starting today so Bugtussle is all messed up & blocked off. Need to get the Stude cleaned up again for the car show there in the a.m. It'll need a wipe down so it's be nice to catch one of these passing showers to give me an assist. No better way to clean a lot of the road grime off than with rain water. No water spots. Had fun at Beaver Lake yesterday. My adopted mom grabbed me and gave me a big hug. She'll be 95 next month so hope I can make that birthday party.     
« Last Edit: July 07/05/24, 09:29:08 AM by Dotch »
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

this is the one I got...

Ok fishwidow the verdict is in!!   that little pump works great!!!  I only wish I would have gotten one sooner!!!   

Offline fishwidow

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, Mike snd Mark. Based on two recommendations, I think I’ll buy 2.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks, Mike snd Mark. Based on two recommendations, I think I’ll buy 2.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Gents.  I just ordered one from Amazon.  Can't wait.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Thanks Gents.  I just ordered one from Amazon.  Can't wait.
:doah: :scratch: your wife still lets you get by with that stuff......huh!!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
I was thinking that too!!   she must feel sorry for him!!!   

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
With the hip deal she has had to fill the Ranger and the mower I pull behind it plus the Zero turn.  When I told her about these an hour ago she didn't even flinch, she said order it!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:   She is a winner!!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
it fills the tank faster than you think so watch it closely!!!! 

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
They are nice, I use it for adding fuel in  the boat and pulling fuel from the big snow chucker. I'm on #2 since I didn't pull the batteries out of the first one, they corroded pretty fast.
« Last Edit: July 07/05/24, 02:58:36 PM by Bobberineyes »