Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489104 times)

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Fried skin on sunfish, some even whole cleaned, mater's and ramen noodles. Num num.
Glenn57,
Presentation is half the meal, take a lesson from Reb.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
He's inside the walls
the walls of red wing.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
Are you going to bake him a hacksaw pie?   :smiley:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Fried skin on sunfish, some even whole cleaned, mater's and ramen noodles. Num num.
Glenn57,
Presentation is half the meal, take a lesson from Reb.
MEH!!!! don't care!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
hey HD what kind of meatballs you use??? i havent found a good meatball i like, simeks comes closest and i prefer an italian flavor!

These are the ones that we like the best, and they're cheaper than Simeks. We get the Italian ones too.....
I have not tried these myself, but they we featured on Twin Cities live as the best frozen meat
balls
They also have Swedish meat balls that are supposed to be good.

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Hankering a Rueben tonight, this place serves a smoked pastrami Rueben with a zesty thousand island dressing,  really tasty  :happy1:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
Aren't they supposed to be made with corned beef and Russian dressing?  :rotflmao:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
NO 1000 ISLAND! Espouses Chef Delmar....... :shocked:
But I'd scarf that down in a minute without battin' an eyelid.  And boober knows I can do it. :rotflmao: :tongue:

« Last Edit: September 09/14/18, 06:47:14 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Aren't they supposed to be made with corned beef and Russian dressing?  :rotflmao:
Yep.   That doesn't mean that some other non-rueben formulation of sandwich isn't very tasty...

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I finally did it!!!   :sleazy:  We had grilled burgers the other night.  2 of them were over to the side so were real rare even though they had a nice sear on them.  I put those 2 in a zip loc bag in the frig for the next night.  You know where this is going Del???  Yup, I have told the wife about Del's Sou Vide thing before.  Well we weren't in a big hurry to eat last night so I put the ziploc in a pan of water on the stove and had it on low heat.  I kept checking it with a meat thermometer and it slowly came up to temp.  When it hit 150 I turned it back down to about 140 and let it sit.  Like I told the wife, " we can eat now or wait as long as we like.  The meat will be the same no matter how long we wait".  Well they  were great.  Had the nice sear and were pinkish inside.  Actually pretty darn convenient. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yep.   That doesn't mean that some other non-rueben formulation of sandwich isn't very tasty...

I wonder how Reuben feels about all this.... :undecided:   And now Barry's sousing up burgers....!!   Where does it all end?!  :doah:   :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Well I finally did it!!!   :sleazy:  We had grilled burgers the other night.  2 of them were over to the side so were real rare even though they had a nice sear on them.  I put those 2 in a zip loc bag in the frig for the next night.  You know where this is going Del???  Yup, I have told the wife about Del's Sou Vide thing before.  Well we weren't in a big hurry to eat last night so I put the ziploc in a pan of water on the stove and had it on low heat.  I kept checking it with a meat thermometer and it slowly came up to temp.  When it hit 150 I turned it back down to about 140 and let it sit.  Like I told the wife, " we can eat now or wait as long as we like.  The meat will be the same no matter how long we wait".  Well they  were great.  Had the nice sear and were pinkish inside.  Actually pretty darn convenient.

We call that the "redneck sous vide".   Next you can pick up a circulator, like anova, and it will be even easier.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
wonder how much that will cost Del???  and what's next???
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
« Last Edit: September 09/15/18, 10:29:19 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I see the sous things are appx. $130.  I thought they would be $40.  Pretty interesting way to go actually.  The wife just got one of those electric pressure cookers like you see on the infomercials.  SO the sous deal is on hold.  Like I told the wife, when we get a ribeye loin or t bone loin we should sear/brown up all of them on the grill and then vacuum pack them.  Then we just throw one in the water bath frozen mid afternoon and we can eat the steak anytime we want.  Sure fun to grill though.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Not to take anything from your guys ways, but I like to sear...then devour.. :happy1: one step method.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Not to take anything from your guys ways, but I like to sear...then devour.. :happy1: one step method.

yupper only way to go!!!!!! :happy1: :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Kill it 'n grill it. *NOM*NOM*

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman

Yup Boober, then run like a bat out of hell... :rotflmao:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QGMCSCFoKA
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup can always do the redneck way if needed. 

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Yup can always do the redneck way if needed.

Sort of a pain for a 36 hour cook however....   

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
36 hour cook??  :scratch: Last I seen one a dem a hole was dug with a backhoe,  cows were wrapped in burlap and covered with coals then covered.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
36 hour cook??  :scratch: Last I seen one a dem a hole was dug with a backhoe,  cows were wrapped in burlap and covered with coals then covered.

:rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman

Sort of the same idea, low and slow.   You cook a chuck roast at 130 for 36 hours it comes out medium rare and tender like prime rib.

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
About 4 hrs of smelling my food cookin', and I eat it, done or not!!!  :tongue:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Patience, grasshopper.   Deferred gratification and all that.   Besides, there really is no aroma with something cooking sous vide.