Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489758 times)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
  • "Seems like time is here and gone".....Doobie's
I just had an epiphany of something to cook tomorrow.  Cabbage soup.  That can mean any type of soup as long as a cabbage is in it.  Will put in a bag of our frozen tomatoes, onions, carrots, either or ground pork/beef.  Lot's of Old Bay Seasoning as I like that and other spices too.  Mayhaps some mushrooms too just cuz.  Of course some corn and green beans are mandatory!  Could even add shrimp or chicken for day two as in a gumbo.  Hmmm.  Yup it is a plan now.

Huh! Never had that before! I guess if it has green beans in it, I won't be either!  :rotflmao:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
gives me an idea too.. sausage, spanish rice and diced seasoned maters and what ever else I think!!

Warm tortillas, guacamole, and sour cream to go with it!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Boy I'm sure glad I don't have epiphanies!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
Boy I'm sure glad I don't have epiphanies!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Nor a vocabulary either. :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds good reb,cabbage,ruteibaggy n green beans,sweet corn and stewed tomatoes with couple lbs of cubbed chuck roast low heat for 8hrs damn good on these fall days,oh a splash of ketchup and a handful of barley works too.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Man that sounds great!  Cold here so a good day for soup. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
sounds good reb,cabbage,ruteibaggy n green beans,sweet corn and stewed tomatoes with couple lbs of cubbed chuck roast low heat for 8hrs damn good on these fall days,oh a splash of ketchup and a handful of barley works too.

Yer tellin' ME it sounds good??! If I had a bowl of something with green beans, rutabagas, and stewed 'maters in it, I'd blow Craig Breedlove's record running out the door!!     🏃‍♂️   :puke:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
well my spanish rice and sausage came out darn good!!  used rotel tomatoes to zip it up some so the flavor really there... 

and I see Bumble Bee foods is going belly up...  I do not use that stuff very much, but once in awhile a tuna salad sandwich is good...
« Last Edit: November 11/22/19, 02:41:03 PM by mike89 »
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I have the cabbage stew/soup in the crockpot as we speak.  I only buy Star Kist.  I remember a few years ago they had a news story about Bumble Bee and Chicken of the Sea on how unsanitary they are.   Used to buy whatever was on sale but sometimes it almost looked like tuna saw dust so then I went Star Kist.  I suppose they aren't stellar neither.  AND did you know that Albacore (which isn't really a true tuna) is what is mostly in the cans of all brands.  I think it was in the 60's they allowed Albacore to be used in place of tuna due to large demand I believe.  AND correct me if I am wrong please. 

Just read up on albacore.  Sounds like a bigger fish that actually has better Omega benefits than regular tuna.  AND it is in the tuna family contrary to what I said above. 
« Last Edit: November 11/22/19, 05:16:21 PM by LPS »

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
well my spanish rice and sausage came out darn good!!  used rotel tomatoes to zip it up some so the flavor really there... 

and I see Bumble Bee foods is going belly up...  I do not use that stuff very much, but once in awhile a tuna salad sandwich is good...

Yeah, turns out they were part of the Big Tuna cartel and got caught for price fixing.....

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
"Tuna Cartel' HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA!  :rotflmao: Ya, and Jessica was the ringleader..... :rolleyes:

https://youtu.be/k2h72aXVP8o

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
And if you hold her up by yer ear, you can hear the ocean... :doah:
Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
And if you hold her up by yer ear, you can hear the ocean... :doah:

And smell the fish.    :fish2:

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had meatloaf leftovers and a baked tater with a slaw and 'mater salad.  :tongue:
« Last Edit: November 11/22/19, 06:01:35 PM by Rebel SS »

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Goulash again for us.  Never can get enough of it at times.  I guess it's the time of the year.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
hey RH that is one thing I have not made,,  could or would share your recipe?  I would like to make it some time soon!!! 

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
I will post it when I get back from up north.  Have to pick up my camper.  good luck.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Have always liked a good goulash.  Had it a lot as a kid.  Never did get tired of it. 

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
 :spam: sandwich on rye and a bowl of tomato soop.

Online Dotch

• MNO Moderator
  • Master Outdoorsman
A little comfort food tonite. Was thinking grilled lamburger but I got the whiny "not that hungry, want something fast" from the spousal unit. Had boiled up the last two monster kennebec potatoes this afternoon a friend gave me. Found a package of cheddar cheese in the back of the fridge that was out of code but unopened and in good shape. Decided to make some cheesy hash browns with onions. Fry a couple eggs and supper was served.

Time itself is bought and sold, the spreading fear of growing old contains a thousand foolish games that we play. (Neil Young)

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
Glenn woulda put katchup on that, yanno.............  ;)
« Last Edit: November 11/24/19, 10:01:07 AM by Rebel SS »

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
egg patty in a fresh baked brisket smothered white peppered sausage gravy!!  we are full!!!  and soooo goooood!!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
You mean biscuit, right?  Sounds good!

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
yes indeed!!  darn!! spell check got me again!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  thanks Reb!!

Offline Reinhard

• Master Outdoorsman
Mike here is the recipe for simple goulash.

2 pounds ground beef
2 yellow onions chopped up
1 green pepper chopped up
garlic to your liking
3 cups water [I used beef broth]
29 ounces tomato sauce
29 ounces diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon kosher salt
8 ounces elbow macaroni uncooked

add the ground beef, onions, bell peppers and garlic to a large dutch oven on medium high heat and cook it breaking it apart until it is no longer pink.  Drain most of the fat then add in the remaining ingredients except the macaroni, bring to a boil then reduce to a low heat and simmer with a cover on for 15 minutes.  Add in the macaroni, mix well then cover and simmer an additional 20 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally before serving.  good luck.

Offline mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thank you Reinhard!!  I will trying that in the near future!!!

Offline Rebel SS

• Master Outdoorsman
yes indeed!!  darn!! spell check got me again!!!     :rotflmao: :rotflmao:  thanks Reb!!

Well, ya never know ....a brisket with an egg does sound good!  :rotflmao: