Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: What's on the stove, oven, or crockpot today?  (Read 1489252 times)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
Pb&j to boot??
nope, buttered noodles and stewed tomatoes. Had enough PB&J's for a while.
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Gonna be a nice corned beef flat in the crockpot today.  Need to get some carrots to add to it.  Will cook cabbage at the end of it.  I am drooling thinking of it.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
corned beef and taters here to start then the cabbage here too!!   :happy1:
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Going with a different recipe this year:  Braised beef brisket with onions in the oven.  We'll do the cabbage on the stove.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
yea you guyz can have the green beer.........the food coloring made me sic one time!!!!! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: i'll eat corned beef......but i'm passing on that too!!!!!!!

gonna be a good old plain beef roast in the oven.....taters and gravy too!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Going with a different recipe this year:  Braised beef brisket with onions in the oven.  We'll do the cabbage on the stove.
:azn:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
I'll hafta look into a braised brisket looks really good.  We'll do our part and have some fat Ruebens n fries tonight.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
That makes me want to do that to a brisket too! 

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Fresh out of the Sous vide a perfect corned beef.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
just pulled mine from the crock pot to rest, cabbage is swimming now!!!   :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I wanted some broth so had mine like a soup tonight. 

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a good old fashioned beef roast with taters and gravy with mixed veggies. As you can see my wife can't wait to get at my cooking!!🤭

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Damn good too.  Will be ruebens tomorrow night.  Have some thick cut swiss cheese and some Franks kraut so I am ready.  Will be on bakery rye bread.  The wife does them in her panini sandwich thing.  They turn out perfect!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Here's how it turned out.  Not traditional Irish corned beef, but I'm not Irish either.   ;)

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
and you guyz thought there was a TP shortage a couple years ago!!!!!!!!! :confused: wait till tomorrow with all that cooked cabbage!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
and you guyz thought there was a TP shortage a couple years ago!!!!!!!!! :confused: wait till tomorrow with all that cooked cabbage!!!!!!!! :pouty: :pouty: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

naw, maybe some room clearing!!!    :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I took the beef out of the crockpot last night and will turn into ruebens tonight.  The broth I am going to chop up the remaining cabbage and add some corn and mayhaps green beans for a great soup.  Gonna be a great weekend of munching.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman

glenn just remember what we learned in 2020 when we ran outof tp,flour tortilla are a great backup.

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
Just a good old fashioned beef roast with taters and gravy with mixed veggies. As you can see my wife can't wait to get at my cooking!!🤭

some cottage cheese on those potato's....mmmm good.

Online glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

:tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: :tut: gravy.........gravy and more gravy...................... :happy1: :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

dats funny!!!   

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
The best part of St Pattys day leftovers, corned beef hash in a cast iron skillet.

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Fresh out of the oven, 4 loaves of my Hubbard co. famous Cranberry Wild rice bread.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Fresh out of the oven, 4 loaves of my Hubbard co. famous Cranberry Wild rice bread.

I can drive up tomorrow and get one!!!   darn good eats!!!!   :happy1:

Online Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman

I can drive up tomorrow and get one!!!   darn good eats!!!!   :happy1:

Sorry Mike, the wife is taking 3 down to the cities today, and the other one is already half gone.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
going to make a chorizo, colored peppers and onions today for wraps, and some fried taters on the side...

got the meat from a locker where I know the owner and he uses per beef and seasons that!! 

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
How was that chorizo Mike?  Don't think I have ever actually had it. Today I am going to make a big batch of chili.  Have some garlic pork sausage and some ground beef for it.  Will also add carrots to it.  I started that when I had some to get rid of so threw them in and ever since it is my go to thing.