Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!

The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: Vikes thread!  (Read 599481 times)

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
1st wave.  Too bad for Mo.  I was hoping he'd catch on, but coming into camp so late he'd have been a long, long, long shot.  But who knows, the Vikes got a look at him and if they need a 'depth' guy in the future, maybe they'll call.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
 :doofus: :doofus: :thumbs: dumb.....stupid.........why'd they even bring him in? they just brought him in last week!!!!!
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: I guess Risner got put on IR & designated to return today, so both those spots are taken as Hockenson has the other. They can put 10 on IR but only 2 can come back & play, the rest are done for the year. As far as Ibrahim goes....................Men like Cindric, Filiaga, Ibrahim, and Johnson were evidently just bodies for the field in the final preseason game, which Minnesota won on Saturday.
« Last Edit: August 08/26/24, 11:41:41 PM by Gunner55 »
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
I s'pose...  If a team won't play the starters, or even risk injury to the 2nd stringers, and in some cases might not want to play some 3rd or 4th stringers for hopes of NOT giving them too much positive exposure so they can stash them on the practice squad, who ya goona get to play the game?   :confused:

How long (ya think) before they convert that 3rd preseason game into Game 18 of the regular season?   ;)

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
Just read where Murphy the UDFA LB/DE out UCLA will be the other guy put on IR & designated to return with Risner. Hockenson has been put on the PUP list; PUP is Physically Unable to Play, & that means Hockenson will be out for the 1st 4 games.
« Last Edit: August 08/27/24, 11:22:56 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :scratch: some familiar names got cut by the Vikes today!!!!!  :shocked:

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Down to 2 running backs ( plus CJ Ham at FB :happy1: ).  So maybe they have their eyes on other RBs from other teams' roster cuts.

And... the Lewis Cine era is done.  Perhaps ongoing injuries sealed his fate, but still... it gets chalked up against another high draft pick CB that didn't pan out.   :doah:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
this weekend i'll get the Vikings contest rolling!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
this weekend i'll get the Vikings contest rolling!!!!!!!!! :happy1:

Looking forward to it Glenn.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Lewis Cine signs with the Jets practice squad.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
God bless 'em.  All the raw talent in the world and sometimes you just need a clean start and someone new to help you reach your potential.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Dalvin Cook to cowboys where Zimmer is.  Rumors say McCarthy will eventually get fired and ol Zim will become head coach.   :confused:

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Dalvin Cook to cowboys where Zimmer is.  Rumors say McCarthy will eventually get fired and ol Zim will become head coach.   :confused:
Cook didn't do much for the Jets last year.  Or maybe, the Jets didn't ask Cook to do much last year.  Or maybe, the Jets didn't ask Cook to do much last year because he didn't have much left to offer.  We Vikes fans love the guy, but it happens.  Low risk move for the Cowboys in case Cookie can catch lightening in a bottle, or at least spell Elliot from time to time.

As for Zim...  If all that comes to pass, we'll find out just how big Zimmer's ego is.  If McCarthy is gone, that probably means Dak is gone too.  Who wants to work for Jerry Jones when you are a defensive-minded head coach with no QB, two aging RBs, and one really good receiver?   :confused:
 :crazy:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
It is all in the thought that Jerry has become even more of a cheapstake and cares more about having a team win some games and make him a lot of money.   Instead of him paying a lot in salaries to get to a Superbowl. 

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Vikings Sign Quarterback Brett Rypien, Waive Jaren Hall.
Hope he clears waiver, and makes the practice squad?
« Last Edit: August 08/29/24, 11:22:51 AM by Cooperman »

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Adofo-Mensah must see Rypien as an upgrade to Hall.  Perhaps they hope Hall makes it to the practice squad, but it he doesn't, its probably no skin off their teeth - as long as they think they got a better player.

Swapping out 3rd string QBs is something to talk about in the off season and usually doesn't have much impact, unless you have a season like the Vikings did last year!   :doah:  :bonk:

Offline Leech~~

• Master Outdoorsman
Adofo-Mensah must see Rypien as an upgrade to Hall.  Perhaps they hope Hall makes it to the practice squad, but it he doesn't, its probably no skin off their teeth - as long as they think they got a better player.

Swapping out 3rd string QBs is something to talk about in the off season and usually doesn't have much impact, unless you have a season like the Vikings did last year!   :doah:  :bonk:
Funny thing, Hall and Rypien's stat's for 2023 are almost identical.  They both throw and interception and that was it!   :doofus:   :bonk:
Cooking over a open fire is all fun and games until someone losses a wiener!

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Cine did not sign with Jets but will sign with the Bills practice squad.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Hall cleared waivers.  I think that means he is on the practice squad for 20 some grand a year instead of 900 grand he was making.  ?????

Offline Cooperman

• Master Outdoorsman
Hall is still not on the practice squad. Either they’re not bringing him back or he is refusing to sign. They said he was not happy about what happened?

Offline dutchboy

• Master Outdoorsman
  • Twins fan.
I doubt the practice squad only pays $20k a year. More likely $20k a week they are on the squad. I might be wrong.
TIP line: ​ 800-652-9093

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
It depends on experience, 2 years or < in 2024 & it's $12,500/ week, > 2 years & it's $16,800-$21,300/week. https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-practice-squad-salary/
« Last Edit: September 09/02/24, 06:08:32 AM by Gunner55 »

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I had heard a guy on the radio talking about the 20 grand thing and found it hard to believe.  I must have misunderstood him.  So from about $900,000 to about $320,000.

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Jared Hall signs with Seattle practice squad.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
With the Vikings facing such a tough schedule to start the season, Week 1 against the Giants is a must-win game.   I predict a Vikings loss in a low scoring affair. 

Even though I don't expect much from the Daniel Jones passing attack against Brian Flores Achilles' Heel secondary, they are at home.

And I think the Giant's defense will be ready for the Vikings Aaron Jones run-heavy offensive approach and will be willing to let Sam Darnold try to beat them with the Vikings depleted receiver core.

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
With the Vikings facing such a tough schedule to start the season, Week 1 against the Giants is a must-win game.   I predict a Vikings loss in a low scoring affair. 

Even though I don't expect much from the Daniel Jones passing attack against Brian Flores Achilles' Heel secondary, they are at home.

And I think the Giant's defense will be ready for the Vikings Aaron Jones run-heavy offensive approach and will be willing to let Sam Darnold try to beat them with the Vikings depleted receiver core.
:surrender: :surrender: :scratch: you a Packer fan or what????  :doah: :scratch: :moon:

Offline LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Doesn't sound like he's from MN does it.  We are gonna kick azz.  Well I just hope we win.

Offline Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope for the best, but being a long-suffering Vikings fan who remembers 3 of the 4 Superbowl losses and only heartbreak since, I reserve the right to remain pragmatic.   :laugh:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Hope for the best, but being a long-suffering Vikings fan who remembers 3 of the 4 Superbowl losses and only heartbreak since, I reserve the right to remain pragmatic.   :laugh:
:happy1: :rotflmao: :surrender: