Recent

Check Out Our Forum Tab!

Click On The "Forum" Tab Under The Logo For More Content!
If you are using your phone, click on the menu, then select forum. Make sure you refresh the page!
The views of the poster, may not be the views of the website of "Minnesota Outdoorsman" therefore we are not liable for what our members post, they are solely responsible for what they post. They agreed to a user agreement when signing up to MNO.

Author Topic: home page  (Read 43973 times)

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
interesting video on the home page about South Dakota pheasant hunting...   Ron S. sure isn't happy... 
a bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
Yes, I saw that too.  I can see both sides of the issue, but I tend to side with Ron on this one.

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
agree!!!

Online Steve-o

• Master Outdoorsman
DNR conducts its surveys and studies using tax funding.  Those reports should be available to the public. 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
  • 2015 deer contest champ!!!
DNR conducts its surveys and studies using tax funding.  Those reports should be available to the public.
they should also take care of lakes with severe winter kill 2 years in a row too, but they friggin don't. :confused: :angry2:
2015 deer slayer!!!!!!!!!!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY DEL.... How come you ain't all over gloating and hooting and hollering about the souse vide article on the home page?? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Sorry fellers couldn't help it no longer. :smoking: :nerd: :laughroll:

Offline Bobberineyes

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe cuz the sammich looks really dry im thinking, another method might have been better.. :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Maybe cuz the sammich looks really dry im thinking, another method might have been better.. :happy1:

oh my!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :happy1:

maybe he didn't see it!!! 

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Mayhaps he doesn't know what a goose is??? :rotflmao: oh wait he lives in Rochester. :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
Mayhaps he doesn't know what a goose is??? :rotflmao: oh wait he lives in Rochester. :banghead: :banghead: :rotflmao:

dat be true!!!   :rotflmao:

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
HEY DEL.... How come you ain't all over gloating and hooting and hollering about the souse vide article on the home page?? :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Sorry fellers couldn't help it no longer. :smoking: :nerd: :laughroll:
Didn't even notice it.  Typically just go right to "new replies" 

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I just looked at it.  We used to get so tired of eating all of the geese we shot.  That looks like a great idea.  It has Del written all over it. 

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
interesting video on the home page about South Dakota pheasant hunting...   Ron S. sure isn't happy...

South dakota has had a tough go last few years weather wise for pheasants,tuff winters,wet springs back to back,last november
we hunted private land near redfield sodak,90% of crops still standing in mid november,walked for 3 days,two dogs flushed a handful of hens or possible young roosters,we couldn't tell just brown birds no cackel,no shots fired just alot of excercise,local paper said bird count was down 75% from 2018,not good.

back in the mid 90's,had connections for pheasant hunting in south central nebraska,perfect setup as connection was in commodity's as his business(broker),we had 1000's of acres to hunt once crops came down by november,it was a pheasant hunters dream hunting back then,step in to a section of crp ,let the dog loose and clusters of pheasants would jump up 100's like a flock of blackbirds,by the year 2000 all the crp turned to corn for ethonal,today no birds,sad

same senario in the 60's looking back,back then minnesota had "soil bank" state funded land,lots of pheasants,then soil bank enrollment went away,no more pheasants.

Offline delcecchi

• Master Outdoorsman
I just looked at it.  We used to get so tired of eating all of the geese we shot.  That looks like a great idea.  It has Del written all over it.
Sous vide is a great way to make meat that would otherwise be unpalatable good.   Holding at a lower temp for a long time can make it tender without making it overcooked and dried out.   

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
Neat article on the home page about processing your own deer. Only difference for me is once quartered I put it in a frig.

Also coincidentally just in the past week or so I went to a store, can't remember what one, but they already had a sign up that said they wouldn't be processing any wild game this year. :scratch: :doah:

« Last Edit: August 08/30/20, 06:57:42 PM by glenn57 »

Online Gunner55

• Master Outdoorsman
I wouldn't be surprised if there are many who don't this year! So the ones that do will be swamped & could be turnin people away by late season IMO. What's a pasteek? :scratch: :confused:                                                                 ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Life............. what happens while your making other plans. John Lennon

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I wouldn't be surprised if there are many who don't this year! So the ones that do will be swamped & could be turnin people away by late season IMO. What's a pasteek? :scratch: :confused:                                                                 ;) :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

We turned away a couple hundred last year...I can't even fathom this year....  :scratch:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
it's a boaraneze for the past week  :mooning:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
I just bring trimmings in to have things like summer sausage, sticks and hot dogs made.

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I just bring trimmings in to have things like summer sausage, sticks and hot dogs made.

So.....you bring in road kill trimmings?  :rotflmao:
Mama always said, If you ain't got noth'in nice to say, don't say noth'in at all!

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman

another good funny!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman
 :pouty: :pouty: :confused: :bonk: :banghead: :banghead: :taz:

You got me mixed up with road kill boar. :mooning:

Offline glenn57

• Master Outdoorsman

another good funny!!!   :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
:tut: :tut: never mind. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline snow1

• Master Outdoorsman
LOL,rough crowd eh glenn?maybe rieny will open his garage for processing,bet he makes killer brats.

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
I bet RH can cut a deer up in no time. 

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
thinking HD could do a righteous job too...

Online LPS

• Master Outdoorsman
Oh ya that's right.  He'd get it done in minutes.   :happy1:

Offline HD

• Administrator
  • Master Outdoorsman
  • #1 Judge (Retired)
    • Minnesota Outdoorsman
I can chop up a deer with the best of them 😂

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
as the home page says; Happy Labor Day all!!!   :happy1:

Online mike89

• Master Outdoorsman
that is a good sized gar on the home page, used to catch them in the Minn River in the Mankato area when I was growing up..